View Full Version : Time for a new recoil spring?

CDW
01-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Hey all, I've got about 1300 rounds through my PM40 now. Up until last night they had all been trouble free since the break-in period. At the range last night I had 3 instances where it failed to fully return to battery. A tap to the back of the slide fixed the problem in each case, but I'm wondering if it's time for a new recoil spring. Anybody know what the recommended changeout frequency is?

Thanks,

CDW

johnatw
01-23-2010, 06:13 AM
Ian in customer service at Kahr recomended changing at 1200 rounds if I remember correctly. My CW40 began recoiling harder and throwing spent casings 20 feet or more, not going to battery sometimes, changed the recoil spring and she operated perfectly yesterday.

Dietrich
01-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Yep,Johnatw is correct. 1200 rounds is the reccomended change point.I checked and the recoil spring for a PM40 is $8.80. You might want to pick up a couple of extras for the future at that price.That`s what I did for my PM9.I don`t remember what the replacement interval is for the entire guide rod assembly but it seems like it was several thousand rounds.:)

CDW
01-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks guys