PDA

View Full Version : K9 ported barrel

Kahrson
01-01-2012, 09:48 AM
See Kahr has them on sale at $129. Just would like seem feedback from anyone who has one in a K9. Did it make an appreciable difference in recoil? I don't think the recoil is all that bad now as the gun is heavy enough but if it smooths things out considerably I may get one.

Or is my money better spent on other accessories perhaps?:)

jocko
01-01-2012, 10:02 AM
really not necessaqry in the K9. I have my barrel magna ported and would do that before buying this extended barrel, as it can conflict with holster size and I cana tell a difference in the ported K9 but before I ported it, , it was also pleasant. I am a magna port fan, so I would say pass on that barrel thing and send the slide and basrrel u have tomagna port and get it done right. U know thgat system works, anytimeu get an extra barrel funn things can happen. It will smooth out things, thats what porting properly does. IMO a magna ported gun looks far ore attrractive to than that butt ugly extended barrel.. my 2 cents YMMV

magna-port.com

superchargedzombie
02-28-2012, 02:09 AM
Without completely altering the gun i think the ported barrel is a nice addition. It doesn’t adversely affect most holsters as they have open ends where the barrel is. The only thing is the muzzle flash takes some getting used to.

kerby9mm
02-28-2012, 03:48 AM
Years ago I read and heard about mag na porting guns. At that time it was recommended for magnum calibers as the name suggests to be an effective recoil reducer. I guess that there must be design changes to allow lower power guns benefit from it. It does look kool on a gun though.

browntown
03-17-2012, 11:51 PM
I love mine, it is several years old though so it might not be the same. I do remember it being an incredibly tight fit that required some polishing to go into battery.

eltee
03-18-2012, 01:47 AM
I tried one in my K9, couldn't tell any difference.