PDA

View Full Version : PM9 Black Rose

Cappy
09-04-2009, 11:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has the Black Rose. Is it worth the extra $$$$. Seem to have some needed up-grades to help in reliability when needed. Your thoughts?

rock
09-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Never heard of the black rose.

jocko
09-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has the Black Rose. Is it worth the extra $$$$. Seem to have some needed up-grades to help in reliability when needed. Your thoughts?

That Black Rose is a beauty, but think about this, How butt ugly would that Black Rose look, if it had all the warning crap that kahr has seen fit to put on top of their new model PM9 with external safety??? That in itself wold stop me from buying that particular kahr FOR SURE.

Come on Kahr people, fire the lawyers and lets make guns.......

cappy, what needed up grades do you think that Black Rose has over the standard PM9??? Other than looks and more dollars nothing internally has changed...... Unless I missed something somewhere..

Cappy
09-07-2009, 03:37 PM
That Black Rose is a beauty, but think about this, How butt ugly would that Black Rose look, if it had all the warning crap that kahr has seen fit to put on top of their new model PM9 with external safety??? That in itself wold stop me from buying that particular kahr FOR SURE.

Come on Kahr people, fire the lawyers and lets make guns.......

cappy, what needed up grades do you think that Black Rose has over the standard PM9??? Other than looks and more dollars nothing internally has changed...... Unless I missed something somewhere..

Jocko,

I got the impression that it might have a heavier spring from this article under the section on Reliability: Kahr Arms | Product Reviews (http://www.kahr.com/PA-1B/review_ot101108.html)

I may be wrong, and just read it wrong, but it seemed like this article suggested some changes were made inside too. :rolleyes:

ltxi
09-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Possibly, but you can get stiffer recoil springs from Wolff for a few bucks. I think the Black Rose is nice, but I wouldn't buy or carry one. I like fancy guns, but not for PD/carry purposes. Those, I prefer to look stock and all business for the same reason we're taught to not manually **** DA revolvers for the first shot or handload defensive ammunition anymore. Call me paranoid...it's ok.

ltxi
09-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Possibly, but you can get stiffer recoil springs from Wolff for a few bucks. I think the Black Rose is nice, but I wouldn't buy or carry one. I like fancy guns, but not for PD/carry purposes. Those, I prefer to look stock and all business for the same reason we're taught to not manually **** DA revolvers for the first shot or handload defensive ammunition anymore. Call me paranoid...it's ok.

Well, now, that was an interesting bit of censorship....**** .....at least for a firearms forum.

jocko
09-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Jocko,

I got the impression that it might have a heavier spring from this article under the section on Reliability: Kahr Arms | Product Reviews (http://www.kahr.com/PA-1B/review_ot101108.html)

I may be wrong, and just read it wrong, but it seemed like this article suggested some changes were made inside too. :rolleyes:

read it wrong. "MECHANICALLY THE BLACK ROSE IS THE FAMILAR KAHR PM9". Externally is all the changes that were made and those are cosmetic.

I am suprised at tghe report though, as my PM9 shoots 147 grain ammo with azero issues and I haven't read any forum reports of kahrs not liking 147 grain ammo. My bet once that Black rose got broken it, that 147 grain ammo would work fine. Kahrs are just not know to be ammo sensitive....

jocko
09-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Well, now, that was an interesting bit of censorship....**** .....at least for a firearms forum.

words on thise gun forums and other chat forums also are automatically deleted. I am sure no moderator just read that and censored it. It is an automatic thing. I have had it done before on other forums and when inquiring I was told about what I just stated to you.

Not sure how you could state your post any different though either, but in this case, most know what u were referring to. As u know that word has other meanings to.

Cappy
09-07-2009, 04:51 PM
read it wrong. "MECHANICALLY THE BLACK ROSE IS THE FAMILAR KAHR PM9". Externally is all the changes that were made and those are cosmetic.

I am suprised at tghe report though, as my PM9 shoots 147 grain ammo with azero issues and I haven't read any forum reports of kahrs not liking 147 grain ammo. My bet once that Black rose got broken it, that 147 grain ammo would work fine. Kahrs are just not know to be ammo sensitive....

Shoot -- It is a nice looker, but I am more into function. I appreciate all the input to get me straight here!! :D

ltxi
09-07-2009, 05:32 PM
words on thise gun forums and other chat forums also are automatically deleted. I am sure no moderator just read that and censored it. It is an automatic thing. I have had it done before on other forums and when inquiring I was told about what I just stated to you.

Not sure how you could state your post any different though either, but in this case, most know what u were referring to. As u know that word has other meanings to.

Oh, I know it was an automatic thing....it was instantaneous. I understand........