PDA

View Full Version : Sold a Kimber for a Kahr

arloc1959
01-10-2012, 05:48 PM
I have to say I never owned such a fine gun as the Kimber ultra II Eclipse (all stainless) in the .45 acp... Just too darn heavy to tote16 hours a day. So I'm making the jump to the P45. Black w/out night sights. Going to put the X/S Big Dot's on it. And further down the road? Robar baby! I hope I'm going to fall in love with the P45 as I did the Kimber. :cool:

Thunder71
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
I ditched my 1911 and never looked back, I carry one or two Kahrs daily.

Congrats and welcome.

Sent using Tapatalk, thanks for supporting it on this site.

Indigo
01-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I have developed a rather unhealthy infatuation with all my Kahr's. If this is your first you are in for a treat. I feel like I always have a trusty sidekick with me when one of them is nearby.

Ressom
01-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I have a first year production Kimber Eclipse Target. It is the gun I shoot best. I've thought about getting an Ultra for carry, but the weight is just too much for me. I'm holding out for a CM45.

Ljutic
01-10-2012, 06:35 PM
I have to say I never owned such a fine gun as the Kimber ultra II Eclipse (all stainless) in the .45 acp... Just too darn heavy to tote16 hours a day. So I'm making the jump to the P45. Black w/out night sights. Going to put the X/S Big Dot's on it. And further down the road? Robar baby! I hope I'm going to fall in love with the P45 as I did the Kimber. :cool:

Did you say P45 with XS 24/7 Big Dots and Robar? My only complaint is they would not do it in black.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/BDSBruce/Wireless/84de6757.jpg

CJB
01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I've got ... a fair number of 1911's, currently all in .45

I used to carry a stainless OACP that I put back together on a nice Caspian frame, or a Commander made from ODI Viking and Caspian parts. Nice guns, good shooters, accurate... HEAVY.

I walked into Fl Gun Exchange on the first weekend of Bike Week in Daytona... asked to see the PM45... and walked out with it loaded, and in my pocket. Its been there ever since.

Fl Gun Exchange is right across the street from "The Last Resort" (which is the last real biker bar in the area, complete with "the killin' tree"). Riders were stockin' up ammo left and right, and gun sales were brisk from what I could see. Location is everything.

Congrats on your acquisition, and "seeing the light"

Diocoles
01-13-2012, 07:34 AM
I carry a Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm.
I also carry my Kahr CW9 on a regular basis.

All depends on what I'm doing and where I'm going and how I dress.

The Kimber is heavier but not by much. 28 ounces loaded.

The Kahr is much lighter, smaller.

No issues with my Kahr.
No issues with my Kimber.

Which one do I trust the most? The Kahr.

The Kimber is freaking accurate but is more difficult to carry.
And I've just seen too many stovepipes or ftf or fte issues with 1911s.
They're just a bit more high maintainence than the Kahrs in my opinion.

Normally I'll carry the Kimber just about anywhere.

At home I always have my Kahr on my side.
If I'm going out in sweats or shorts, I carry the Kahr.
Colder weather I tend to carry the Kimber more.

I have 2 other 1911 pistols, both RIA and I love them but a full sized 1911 is really HEAVY metal. I use one for a project gun and the other just for Target shooting. 1 is a GI (project gun) the other is the Tactical model. It's nice.

Sure am rambling here...sorry about that.

I'm dreaming of maybe getting myself a K9 all metal Kahr.... :rolleyes:

Bill K
01-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Welcome to KahrTalk!

Kimber ultra II Eclipse and now a Kahr P45... You sure know how to reach for what's on the top shelf. :)