PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Dead or Alive.

Bawanna
01-17-2012, 09:26 PM
At a snowy blizzard condition gun show last sunday I stumbled onto this which has been high on my want list.

The price was good as I've seen on he internet and the moment I held it (firt time) I knew it was coming home with me. Wife is already speaking to me again so not a bad thing at all.

Not quite the cool of Jeepsters but it works fine for me. Snowed in now so if I shoot it will have to be in the back yard which I just might do.

OldLincoln
01-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Be careful playing "The Rifleman" with that thing. My mom shot herself in the arm playing Anne Oakley in her 20's.

Bawanna
01-17-2012, 10:00 PM
If I shoot myself I'll hope for a leg. Won't hurt nor slow me down much either I don't figure.

Barth
01-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Soon as I get my truck this summer I'm going to get that Henry mare's leg.
http://pictures.gunauction.com/8324210507/big%20boy%20%2011.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

KMA
01-18-2012, 05:43 AM
At a snowy blizzard condition gun show last sunday I stumbled onto this which has been high on my want list.

The price was good as I've seen on he internet and the moment I held it (firt time) I knew it was coming home with me. Wife is already speaking to me again so not a bad thing at all.

Not quite the cool of Jeepsters but it works fine for me. Snowed in now so if I shoot it will have to be in the back yard which I just might do.

-- Pictures --

Very cool Rossi! I would love to have one. What caliber is it? If you say that it is a .45 Colt you will be my God :D

kahrnut1
01-18-2012, 06:43 AM
all ranch hands shoot 6" high at 25yds. steve gunzs . com has sights that are on the money and also a plug for that stupid safety. check out his site several options good to talk to on phone

LaP
01-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Didn't Steve McQueen have one of those strapped to his leg in some old TV show?

JFootin
01-18-2012, 10:09 AM
If I shoot myself I'll hope for a leg. Won't hurt nor slow me down much either I don't figure.

You might not feel it, but you could hit an artery and bleed to death. Do they have a warning not to try to co ck it like the Rifleman in the manual?

Bawanna
01-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Very cool Rossi! I would love to have one. What caliber is it? If you say that it is a .45 Colt you will be my God :D

Of course it's a 45 Colt. Same guy had a 44 and a 22 but I didn't even look at those. I'm gonna try loading some of my 45 bullets in the 45 Colt. I had a 1000 lead 45 Colt bullets but now the ranges around here won't allow exposed lead. So I gotta build some jacketed loads.

Jfootin, nothing in the owners manual about playing Lucas MCain with it, I already tried (empty of course) and it's gonna take some serious work to make it happen.

Steve McQueen had one in Wanted Dead or Alive, of course his was the real thing, he had a lot more loot than I got and then some.

PS- On Gunbroker theres a place with several with a buy now price of 429 with free shipping. About the best I've seen. I wanted to hold one before I ordered. This guy was only 439 with no transfer, no 3% CC fee and tax in our state is the same, we now have to pay tax on out of state gun purchases so I came out ahead and most importantly got instant gratification and didn't have to wait.

KMA
01-18-2012, 03:18 PM

Of course it's a 45 Colt. Same guy had a 44 and a 22 but I didn't even look at those. I'm gonna try loading some of my 45 bullets in the 45 Colt. I had a 1000 lead 45 Colt bullets but now the ranges around here won't allow exposed lead. So I gotta build some jacketed loads.

God Bawanna, I beg you please accept me as your humble disciple.

Bawanna
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
God Bawanna, I beg you please accept me as your humble disciple.

I can't say for positive sure but it appears we have another 45 Colt fan in our midst.

You of course are accepted as a disciple but please don't bow, curtsy, salute or genuflect in my presence and most importantly if I ever offer you koolaid DO NOT drink it. We don't need a cult mentality around here. We already got Jocko for that, thank goodness.

45 Colt's forever.

Tinman507
01-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Is Jocko dyslexic? He keeps referring to you as Dog.

KMA
01-18-2012, 04:47 PM
I can't say for positive sure but it appears we have another 45 Colt fan in our midst.

You of course are accepted as a disciple but please don't bow, curtsy, salute or genuflect in my presence and most importantly if I ever offer you koolaid DO NOT drink it. We don't need a cult mentality around here. We already got Jocko for that, thank goodness.

45 Colt's forever.

You are totally right, I am a hardcore fan of the 45 Colt :D

Bawanna
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Is Jocko dyslexic? He keeps referring to you as Dog.

I was so hoping that no one else would notice that. Thank you for not saying the last half or 2/8's of the dog moniker.

Probably another horse head for my collection. Hope the UPS guy has tire chains. At least it will stay fresh, it's cold here. Damn cold!

Tinman507
01-18-2012, 05:10 PM
http://youtu.be/iIi_Ae_xPok?t=53s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZtyvlzVm7Y)

gb6491
01-18-2012, 07:13 PM

CONGRATS BAWANNA!
Regards,
Greg

ltxi
01-19-2012, 06:57 PM

Dammit, now you've got me all fired up over mare's legs again.....and in .45 Colt. Dammit!

Heard your snow turned to ice. True or not, my condolences on your recent/current weather. From high country btdt.