PDA

View Full Version : New CW40 Report

wqueb
01-21-2012, 09:17 AM
I posted in the cm forum yesterday by accident, so I'll start back here. The mag has been releasing every 2nd or 3rd round. I thought it was me hitting the release button. I went back out and shot another mag this morning. I held my thumb above the button and on the 2nd round it dropped out about 1/4" as always. With the mag in the gun and holding it as to shoot, I can't push the release button without turning the gun to the side a little. Guess I'll call kahr monday to see what they say.

wqueb
01-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Hey jocko, Went outside and shot left handed this time. On the 4th shot, clip fell to the ground. Now I know without a doubt I'm not hitting the release. I noticed the slide did not go all the way forward this time after the clip fell out. Do you think the problem could be more than a mag release and spring? Just wondering. Gonna call Kahr in the morning.
Thanks Wayne

jocko
01-22-2012, 09:16 AM
ask kahr to send u a new mag release and mag release spring, I would also ask kahr to send u a new recoil spring assembly also. explain that to them about it not going all the way back. If they feel the gun should go back, askthem to issue a pick up and let them review the gun. IMO it does not need to go back. There is a tutorial over on thge kahr tech section on how to put in that new mag button. It takes about 5 minutes and is a no brainer. U can do it with ease..

wqueb
01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Yes I can change out the mag button. Just concerned about why it don't go back to full battery. Like something is binding keeping it from going all the way forward. But I'll see what they say about it.
Thanks Wayne

wqueb
02-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Well just got e-mail that my cw40 is on the way home. Should get it sometime friday. Jason McKeon was gunsmith that fixed it. Wonder if it is possible to talk to him about what he did to it? Anyone ever did this?
Wayne