PDA

View Full Version : Real SEALs

LaP
02-10-2012, 07:00 PM
The upcoming movie, ACT OF VALOR, stars real Navy SEALs. A couple of them were interviewed on FOX TV.
Here's a couple of real life heros:
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-friends/index.html?playlist_id=86912&intcmp=features#/v/1444228594001/enter-the-private-world-of-active-duty-navy-seals/

wyntrout
02-10-2012, 07:39 PM
The movie looked awesome and that Navy Captain looked like a movie star! I watched the clip after that about America's gun... the GLOCK!!:rolleyes:

Wynn:)

LaP
02-10-2012, 08:19 PM
The Glock video was pretty cool too. I might get the book.

muggsy
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
High capacity 9MM are nothing new. The Browning High Power was a turn of the century design. What was new about the Glock was the polymer frame and the safe action trigger.

John43
02-11-2012, 10:15 PM
I would like to see the movie. I just read American Sniper(Chris Kyle)and Marcus Luttrells Lone Survivor. Both great books.

LaP
02-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I would like to see the movie. I just read American Sniper(Chris Kyle)and Marcus Luttrells Lone Survivor. Both great books.

I just finished American Sniper. I've seen Chris kyle on TV a couple times. His story was pretty impressive.

Marcus Lutrell's story sent chills down my back. One tuff sum-a-gun.

jlottmc
02-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Actually, mugs, the glock was not the first to use a polymer frame. H&K did, their pistol never caught on, Gaston on the other hand was a marketing whiz, and thus it came to be. I defy anyone to show me a current maker without at some poly framed offerings now. Gaston made has bed here because the time was right, and he could sell that thing. Telling the PD's things like its a magazine fed revolver etc., made for great marketing.

pocket pistol
02-12-2012, 02:47 PM
The upcoming movie, ACT OF VALOR, stars real Navy SEALs. A couple of them were interviewed on FOX TV.
Here's a couple of real life heros:
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-friends/index.html?playlist_id=86912&intcmp=features#/v/1444228594001/enter-the-private-world-of-active-duty-navy-seals/

Thanks for the post...

My 2 teenagers and I are going to see the movie. I'm excited. One of my boys is 14 and the other 16. I've never taken them to an R rated movie. This will be a first. I hope it's not too much.

We get excited every time we watch the trailer...

LaP
02-12-2012, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=pocket pistol;133537]My 2 teenagers and I are going to see the movie. I'm excited. One of my boys is 14 and the other 16. I've never taken them to an R rated movie. This will be a first. I hope it's not too much.QUOTE]

Navy SEALs aren't reknowned for their use of the Queen's English. They tend to prefer more colorful terminology.
I'm sure your teenaged boys have heard a few choice phrases already.

It looks like a great movie. :popcorn: