PDA

View Full Version : Obama Out to Erase Second Amendment?

JFootin
02-12-2012, 05:32 AM
Posted on February 11, 2012 (http://cowboybyte.com/4171/obama-out-to-erase-second-amendment/) by Cowboy Byte (http://cowboybyte.com/author/rhonda/)
http://cowboybyte.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/imagesCAFTHE3H.jpg (http://cowboybyte.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/imagesCAFTHE3H.jpg)
Should President Barack Obama secure a second term as president it will “break the back of the Second Amendment” and excise the right to bear arms from the Constitution, the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre tells Newsmax.TV.

The executive vice president of the NRA, in an exclusive interview at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, said the GOP candidates for president are all solid in their support of the Second Amendment.

“People have to keep in mind out there that if President Obama gets one more term it will break the back of the Second Amendment in this country,” LaPierre said. “He is out to erase the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights, excise it from the Constitution of the United States. This is the most dangerous election of our lifetime if you are a supporter of the Second Amendment. And the truth really is if he gets reelected we will go to our grave mourning the freedom that will be lost.”

Popeye
02-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Yep!! One and done. Didn't get suckered into voteing for him the first time certainly won't this time.

Barth
02-12-2012, 06:26 AM
And am completely unsure what he will mindlessly, but passionately, read from a teleprompter.
But this does seem like the time of hot button mudslinging.

It’s hard to believe after all the damage, mistakes
mismanagement of this administration? That our beloved Bill of Rights is next.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How do I personally feel about Obamanation?

A co-worker confided in me that If he could meet
anyone alive today? He would like to meet Obama.
Then he asked If I would like to meet him?
I answered “can I do anything I want to him?”
No Barth, you can not.
“Then no, I have no interest In meeting him”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm thinking with the sky high unemployment rate?
The naked emperor will be unceremoniously booted in the up coming election.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_omk7dxCwoak/Sze87lXL6lI/AAAAAAAAByA/CDxM3oVzZ1w/s400/ObamaMORON.jpg

Bill K
02-12-2012, 06:32 AM
I'm 67 years old and even considering the Civil Rights movement and Vietnam protests I've never seen our nation so divided and a President, in my opinion, whether intentionally or not throwing gas on the fires of discontent.

muggsy
02-12-2012, 06:43 AM
He had better hurry. He only has until next November to accomplish his goals.

melissa5
02-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Call me a nut if you want to, but I think he is the antichrist. So, I fully expect him to be re-elected. I hope and pray that he is not, but....

tv_racin_fan
02-12-2012, 07:01 AM
I do not believe him to be the anti christ or similar but I do fully expect re election. Look at the field running against him.

Romney can claim what he likes BUT he did sign a permanent assault weapons ban. Newt can claim what he likes but he voted FOR gun free zones and a gun owner fingerprint database. They surely do not understand the second amendment the same way I do.

ORSalesRep
02-12-2012, 07:03 AM
I also, believe that he will more than likely get re-elected. There are just too many uninformed voters drinking the coolaid that Obama is brewing and even more sadly, far too many people in this country that want to continue to get a free ride on the tax payers dollar. He knows this and those are the voters that he tailors his campaign promises to. It is probably the most important election of my 47 year existence, but so far the republicans are completely blowing the opportunity to mount a solid strategy to defeat this (P.O.S.) "piece of ****." If our Founding Fathers were still around, they would have been picking up guns and revolting by now. He is destroying the ideals and principals that this country was built on.

Indigo
02-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Not sure how but it seems like this guy could make a great cornerstone for someone's campaign.
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n618/devito99/5bf9f833.jpg

jeepster09
02-12-2012, 07:45 AM
i do not believe him to be the anti christ or similar but i do fully expect re election. Look at the field running against him.

Romney can claim what he likes but he did sign a permanent assault weapons ban. Newt can claim what he likes but he voted for gun free zones and a gun owner fingerprint database. They surely do not understand the second amendment the same way i do.

can we all say Santorum

muggsy
02-12-2012, 10:16 AM
I do not believe him to be the anti christ or similar but I do fully expect re election. Look at the field running against him.

Romney can claim what he likes BUT he did sign a permanent assault weapons ban. Newt can claim what he likes but he voted FOR gun free zones and a gun owner fingerprint database. They surely do not understand the second amendment the same way I do.

Only a total f-ing elbow would vote for Obama.

muggsy
02-12-2012, 10:18 AM
can we all say Santorum

My call since Perry dropped out of the race.

muggsy
02-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Call me a nut if you want to, but I think he is the antichrist. So, I fully expect him to be re-elected. I hope and pray that he is not, but....

I don't think that he's the Antichrist. He's just anti-American. He isn't a Christian as he claims, because the church he attended for 30 years teaches black liberation theology which teaches that Christianity isn't the black man's religion.

melissa5
02-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I really like Newt Gingrich, but his personal life has hurt his chances. So, I will vote for the most likely person to unseat Obama.

@Muggsy, I agree that he is definitely anti-American and not a Christian. I believe that he was put in the White House to bring down American and he's done a good job of it.

crazymailman
02-12-2012, 10:46 AM
can we all say Santorum

He is the only solid choice. I just hope he can sway the American Idol voters.

downtownv
02-12-2012, 11:08 AM
can we all say Santorum
The only one in the gun corner is Ron Paul (Good Luck with that)
ALL the others have been part of the anti gun groups!
Massachusetts Remember Teddy Kennedy Gun Hating State

Newt is a professional politician that buddied up with Nancy Polosi
Santorum refused to sign a pledge to support your 2nd amendment rights
http://www.nagr.org/UN_lp_survey2.aspx
this was sent to all presidential candidates:
Only one filled it out....
The others wouldn't!

LaP
02-12-2012, 11:29 AM
He's released $25 billion to cover the costs of homeowners in mortgage foreclosures. I would say that's the first of the payoffs to come before the election. Welfare should receive a boost in payouts and the Unemployed will get an extension also.

Buying elections. It's what they do best. As a country, we're just too stupid to resist the temptation.

Every country gets the government they deserve.

wyntrout
02-12-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't think any of the candidates still in the "race" for Republican nomination are good. After all of the mudslinging, bloodletting, and "FRATRICIDE", as I call this "process", people will be sick of all of them and stay home... which is voting for Obama. We have seen this in the past and when the Republican candidate is chosen, too many people will think they don't have "a horse in the race" and stay home on election day.

Too many people are polarized about one or two issues... abortion and "Gay Rights", among others. The people should be looking at electing whomever will do them and the country the least harm.

It will be like a fight... you're trying to keep a guy with a knife from stabbing and killing you, but you don't want to do something as loathsome as gouging his eyes out with your only weapon... your hands. It's a fight to the death and there are no rules... only not losing... and dying.

Apathy and disgust will keep a lot of people home on election day and I'm afraid that Obama will get re-elected. Too many people don't pay attention to politics... and a lot don't even vote!

Maybe it's time to start using another strategy that I've seen in the past... get the news out that Tuesday is the Republican Voting day and Wednesday, the Democrats voting day.:D

Wynn:)

CJB
02-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Obama is a manifestation of the environment he was raised in.

Anti-western cultures abroad
Anti American anti white cultures in the USA
Fringe Christianity
Radical progressive thinkers and idealists
Chicago thug political machinery
And far leftist liberal activism

WTF, did ANYONE expect differently? No. The left fully expected him to behave as he is behaving (they wanted more in fact), and the right expected him to behave as he is behaving (and expected worse in fact). So everyone went in with their eyes open, fully realizing what Obama was all about. Its just that the left gathered more votes.... an he got in.

The question the right has is two-fold. One, can a man be raised up that can oust that bastard our President (and if you look at his birth certificate, by definition, he is a bastard). Two, will that man hold the conservative qualities that will help set this nation back upon a path of prosperity.

pocket pistol
02-12-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm so afraid Obama will be elected again. My family and I will vote for whoever runs against him. I don't know any Obama supporters, but somehow he wins...

jdlott74
02-12-2012, 02:30 PM

The others wouldn't!

That may be true about Ron Paul, but he won't make it to even be on the ballot I'm afraid. He is only in the running to take away from some of the other votes for other candidates

JohnR
02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
I expect Obama to win again, but even if a Republican wins it's too late for this country. Our debt will kill us either before or after the govenment finishes rendering the Constitution worthless. My plan is to make sure I own all the guns and ammo I want before the election, just in case it's our last chance. Dang that Obama is a helluva gun salesman!

downtownv
02-12-2012, 03:00 PM
PREDICTION

Scary stuff!!

WHY OBAMA WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN 2012
Dr. Williams' prediction: Maybe you have read some newspaper articles written by Dr. Williams a conservative economist who happens to be Black. He has taught at several Universities and is currently teaching at George Mason University .

No Matter What
By Dr. Walter Williams

Can President Obama be defeated in 2012?
No. He can't..
I am going on record as saying
President Barack Obama will win a second term.
The media won't tell you this because a good election campaign
means hundreds of millions (or in Obama's case billions)
of dollars to them in advertising.
But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barack Obama
can be defeated in 2012.
The quality of the Republican candidate doesn't matter. Obama gets reelected.
Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win.
Gas prices moving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins.
The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins.
War in the Middle East? He wins a second term.
America's role as the leading Superpower disappears?
Hurrah for Barack Obama!
The U.S. government rushes toward bankruptcy,the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending
Obama wins handily.
You are crazy Williams. Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining?
Sure I do.
And that's why I know Obama will win.
The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics.
And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated.
Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin,the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics

Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault.
After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.
Obama's reelection is really a very, very simple math problem.
Consider the following:

1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period.Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing. He's one of us,
2) College educated women will vote for Obama.
Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It's really not more complex than that.

3) Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,

4) Democrats will vote for Obama.
He is the leader of their party and his coat tails will carry them to victory nationwide,

5) Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,

6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama.
He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,

7) Big Business will support Obama. They already have.

He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more every day. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,

8) The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him,but they love him. After all, to not love him would be racist,

9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him.
Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won't vote Republican.
American Indians will support him.
Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic.
And lastly,

10) Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn't need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned.

The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.

-- Dr. Walter Williams

IN ADDITION TO THE VOTING BLOCKS HE MENTIONS, THERE IS ANOTHER HUGE GROUP:

THE NEARLY ONE-HALF OF ALL ADULTS DO NOT PAY ANY TAXES AND, IN FACT,MOST OF THEM RECEIVE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT.
THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO "SHAKE THE BOAT" TO DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE FLOW OF TAXPAYER MONEY TO THEMSELVES

It's believed the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already reaching the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's - and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.
If you are not, pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom!

LMT42
02-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Dr. Williams' prediction: Maybe you have read some newspaper articles written by Dr. Williams a conservative economist who happens to be Black. He has taught at several Universities and is currently teaching at George Mason University .

No Matter What
By Dr. Walter Williams

Fact check your post before spreading inaccurate, ignorant drivel to incite fear and alarm.

Really, another thread about Obama coming for everyone's guns? I guess he's just been biding his time the last few years. :rolleyes:

LaP
02-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Even if he doesn't come for our guns, you really have no fear?

The government purchase of auto companies, bailouts to banks and mortgage companies, unemployment, alienation of our allies, health care, the national debt....
These issues don't fighten you?:cool:

melissa5
02-12-2012, 04:32 PM

They fighten AND frighten me! LOL

downtownv
02-12-2012, 04:37 PM
LMT42
What part of this educated man's opinion do you find to be inaccurate?
Drivel?
Read the threads the subject was related to Obama winning/Losing the election.
Your post was Drivel (who uses that word)
If you're in one of the groups the writer mentions, then i can see why you're so disturbed.
Nothing in his opinion related to GUNS, it was about Obama.

LMT42
02-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Dr. Williams didn't write what you posted, it's a hoax.

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/RiteOn.orgApology.pdf

Even if he doesn't come for our guns, you really have no fear?

The government purchase of auto companies, bailouts to banks and mortgage companies, unemployment, alienation of our allies, health care, the national debt....

Yes, these issues frighten me, but they're the result of a bought and paid for political system. The TARP bailout occurred under Bush. Glass-Steagall was repealed under Clinton. The national debt has been rising since WWII, but really took off under Reagan. Unemployment is the result of globalization over the last thirty years. A different president isn't going to change anything. American politicians (left and right) work for the rich, not the middle class.

downtownv
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Yea your right they all stink!
No hard feelings , pal.
Have a good day!

muggsy
02-12-2012, 05:52 PM

The others wouldn't!

Santorum has a A+ rating from the NRA. He voted with the NRA 100% of the time while he was a Senator. What more do you want from him.

muggsy
02-12-2012, 05:55 PM
PREDICTION

Scary stuff!!

No Matter What
By Dr. Walter Williams

Can President Obama be defeated in 2012?
No. He can't..
I am going on record as saying
President Barack Obama will win a second term.
The media won't tell you this because a good election campaign
means hundreds of millions (or in Obama's case billions)
of dollars to them in advertising.
But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barack Obama
can be defeated in 2012.
The quality of the Republican candidate doesn't matter. Obama gets reelected.
Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win.
Gas prices moving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins.
The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins.
War in the Middle East? He wins a second term.
America's role as the leading Superpower disappears?
Hurrah for Barack Obama!
The U.S. government rushes toward bankruptcy,the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending
Obama wins handily.
You are crazy Williams. Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining?
Sure I do.
And that's why I know Obama will win.
The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics.
And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated.
Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin,the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics

Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault.
After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.
Obama's reelection is really a very, very simple math problem.
Consider the following:

1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period.Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing. He's one of us,
2) College educated women will vote for Obama.
Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It's really not more complex than that.

3) Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,

4) Democrats will vote for Obama.
He is the leader of their party and his coat tails will carry them to victory nationwide,

5) Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,

6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama.
He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,

7) Big Business will support Obama. They already have.

He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more every day. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,

8) The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him,but they love him. After all, to not love him would be racist,

9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him.
Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won't vote Republican.
American Indians will support him.
Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic.
And lastly,

10) Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn't need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned.

The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.

-- Dr. Walter Williams

IN ADDITION TO THE VOTING BLOCKS HE MENTIONS, THERE IS ANOTHER HUGE GROUP:

THE NEARLY ONE-HALF OF ALL ADULTS DO NOT PAY ANY TAXES AND, IN FACT,MOST OF THEM RECEIVE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT.
THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO "SHAKE THE BOAT" TO DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE FLOW OF TAXPAYER MONEY TO THEMSELVES

It's believed the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already reaching the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's - and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.
If you are not, pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom!

Well, it's all over them. No need to vote in the upcoming election. Walter has spoken. Turn in your guns.

Bawanna
02-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Just beat Obummer, I don't care who, I don't care how. I'd much prefer some one to fight with us and for us instead of against us.

muggsy
02-12-2012, 05:59 PM
He's released $25 billion to cover the costs of homeowners in mortgage foreclosures. I would say that's the first of the payoffs to come before the election. Welfare should receive a boost in payouts and the Unemployed will get an extension also.

Buying elections. It's what they do best. As a country, we're just too stupid to resist the temptation.

Every country gets the government they deserve.

Can your vote be bought? Mine can't. Any conservative republican that we support can win the next election.

muggsy
02-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Fact check your post before spreading inaccurate, ignorant drivel to incite fear and alarm.

Really, another thread about Obama coming for everyone's guns? I guess he's just been biding his time the last few years. :rolleyes:

Damn near every major piece of anti-gun legislation has been initiated, co cosponsored and supported by liberal democrats. Obama hasn't hidden his anti-gun agenda. Remember we're just bitter clingers hanging on to our Bibles and our guns. When are you going to wake up.

muggsy
02-12-2012, 06:27 PM
I can't believe the negativity that I'm seeing on this MB. Does anyone besides Melissa and me have a set of balls? (No offense meant Melissa.) Back a conservative candidate, support that candidate and vote for that candidate. You elbows are ready to roll over and play dead. If you think that we can't beat that skinny socialist idiot in the White House you might as well hang it up. Unbelievable!

CJB
02-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Our President, that bastard, is also on record saying he'd get to gun control "later" - which many thought to be 2nd term hopeful at the time which he said it.

downtownv
02-12-2012, 06:35 PM
I will certainly vote anybody but obammy!

melissa5
02-12-2012, 06:47 PM
I can't believe the negativity that I'm seeing on this MB. Does anyone besides Melissa and me have a set of balls? (No offense meant Melissa.)

I have a brass set that I keep in a box just for these occasions. :D

ltxi
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
The only guy who has a chance is Romney. Anyone else will certainly lose. Unfortunately, Romney will also most likely lose.

LaP
02-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I can't believe the negativity that I'm seeing on this MB. Does anyone besides Melissa and me have a set of balls? (No offense meant Melissa.) Back a conservative candidate, support that candidate and vote for that candidate. You elbows are ready to roll over and play dead. If you think that we can't beat that skinny socialist idiot in the White House you might as well hang it up. Unbelievable!

You're not the only conservative on the forum. I guess my problem is that I'm so disappointed in the system the last few elections. We have democrats behaving like democrats and we have republicans behaving like democrats.(yes, I said that correctly.)

It's a lose/lose situation. Fighting and arguing with friends and neighbors has just given me a big headache. I'm thinking of just bagging it and turning to transcendental meditation.:cool:

pocket pistol
02-12-2012, 07:24 PM

I'm voting for whoever runs against Obama. And everyone I talk to says that they're voting against him too. I'm just saying, come election time he gets the votes from somewhere...

CJB
02-12-2012, 07:36 PM
You're not the only conservative on the forum.

Hey, I work with a bunch of commies from south America... who think they're all 99 percenters, think the company they work for "owes" them (beyond great pay and benefits) and that the government is established in order to insure they get what they're owed by the rich.

They are malcontents. They think the ways of south America are much better. I have offered return tickets at my own expense....

They have never risked a thing, not one day of their lives. They have never worked their asses off to get a little something, then risk it at the sake of making more. Theirs is a handout mindset. They occupy... sure they do... they occupy pointless floorspace in the company.

Me on the other hand... I say, let the boss make as much as he can. I'll even help him make more. He better treat me ok, or I'm gonna do it for somebody else, or even myself. He does (mostly). And I do my own thing, and I do well at it. I work hard, pay all my bills, paid off my house, and all debts 100 percent. Everything I make is mine, and I pay what taxes the law says I need to, but not a penny more (or less). I give to the charity and civic bodies of my own choice (church and BSA). I keep low because I work a lot. I do well for myself, and dont screw anyone. Anyone who works for me gets paid well, and I expect much from them for it. I believe God had a design when he created us, and that some choose to pervert His design... their choice, but I dont need to accept it, or deal with it. And I believe in the sanctity of all life. I believe we are to use what God gave us, here on Earth, but also be good stewards of it as we progress.

So here's to Conservative ideals and ideology:popcorn:!

LaP
02-12-2012, 07:43 PM

I think muggsy just got a little carried away in the moment. I'm sure he knows he's amoung friends and allies. This election will cause alot of anxiety and frustration. Sticking together will help pull us thru.

Scoundrel
02-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm curious about one thing:

When people say that this president or that president, or this thing or that thing, whichever way they're leaning, will "ruin America" or "kill the USA" or otherwise destroy the country, what do they think that will look like?

Do they imagine that China will say "OK, your debt is too high, we want to occupy the national forests you used as collateral for these debts.", and they will move in here with bulldozers and cranes and build high-rise apartments in our mountains/forests?

Do they imagine that we'll be reduced to squalor and disease, living in huts made of mud and grass, drinking contaminated water and eating a few grains of rice a day?

Do they imagine that the country will dissolve into separate territories (formerly known as States), each controlled by factions of thugs, and constantly warring for resources?

Do they imagine that economic collapse will lead to cannibalism, total anarchy, rape gangs running unchecked through the streets, and every person committing murder a half dozen times a day just to survive?

What, exactly, do people who say these alarmist things believe is going to happen if their dire predictions come true?

I remember seeing people on forums running their mouths about how Y2K was going to kill our infrastructure and we should stock up on resources and head for the hills. Those people sure looked ridiculous when Y2K came and went without interruption to our power grid, economy, or social infrastructure. It might have caused some problems, perhaps, if we hadn't worked to solve these problems.

Then there are these religious nutters proclaiming the rapture, which didn't happen, twice, who now look like the fools they are. Also, the Mayan calendar doomsday folks who will look like total dorks come December 22nd.

Yeah, our debt sucks. Let's put aside for now whose heads the blame lies on. But there are a lot of other countries whose debt also sucks. Some worse than ours. Those countries don't look like a Mad Max movie (except maybe the countries that have never risen above that to begin with).

Does anyone really believe that will happen here?

ltxi
02-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey, I work with a bunch of commies from south America... who think they're all 99 percenters, think the company they work for "owes" them (beyond great pay and benefits) and that the government is established in order to insure they get what they're owed by the rich.

They are malcontents. They think the ways of south America are much better. I have offered return tickets at my own expense....

They have never risked a thing, not one day of their lives. They have never worked their asses off to get a little something, then risk it at the sake of making more. Theirs is a handout mindset. They occupy... sure they do... they occupy pointless floorspace in the company.

Me on the other hand... I say, let the boss make as much as he can. I'll even help him make more. He better treat me ok, or I'm gonna do it for somebody else, or even myself. He does (mostly). And I do my own thing, and I do well at it. I work hard, pay all my bills, paid off my house, and all debts 100 percent. Everything I make is mine, and I pay what taxes the law says I need to, but not a penny more (or less). I give to the charity and civic bodies of my own choice (church and BSA). I keep low because I work a lot. I do well for myself, and dont screw anyone. Anyone who works for me gets paid well, and I expect much from them for it. I believe God had a design when he created us, and that some choose to pervert His design... their choice, but I dont need to accept it, or deal with it. And I believe in the sanctity of all life. I believe we are to use what God gave us, here on Earth, but also be good stewards of it as we progress.

So here's to Conservative ideals and ideology:popcorn:!

So, how do you really feel about this?

I'm with ya'! :)

Post 1000

LaP
02-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Does anyone really believe that will happen here?

Our way of life, our economic system depends on everyone believing that the paper you have in your wallet has value. History has shown many countries with de-valued currency experience catastrophic damage. If we reach a tipping point when people don't see any value in money, things will break down quickly.
Look how the price of gold skyrocketed. Now, for the first time I've been alive, housing prices have declined... dramatic changes in the real estate market have played havoc on people's retirement plans. The media constantly shows how Occupiers have taken a moral high ground while working people feel like chumps for continuing to pay their mortgage.
Everyone has a breaking point. It's my belief that something (I have no clue what that will be) will tip the picnic table over and no government on earth will be there to pick up the pieces.

JFootin
02-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Our way of life, our economic system depends on everyone believing that the paper you have in your wallet has value. History has shown many countries with de-valued currency experience catastrophic damage. If we reach a tipping point when people don't see any value in money, things will break down quickly.
Look how the price of gold skyrocketed. Now, for the first time I've been alive, housing prices have declined... dramatic changes in the real estate market have played havoc on people's retirement plans. The media constantly shows how Occupiers have taken a moral high ground while working people feel like chumps for continuing to pay their mortgage.
Everyone has a breaking point. It's my belief that something (I have no clue what that will be) will tip the picnic table over and no government on earth will be there to pick up the pieces.

It does seem kind of inevitable, doesn't it?

"As riches increase and accumulate in few hands, as luxury prevails in society, virtue will be in a greater degree considered as only a graceful appendage of wealth, and the tendency of things will be to depart from the republican standard. This is the real disposition of human nature; it is what neither the honorable member nor myself can correct. It is a common misfortunate that awaits our State constitution, as well as all others." --Alexander Hamilton, speech to the New York Ratifying Convention, 1788

JohnR
02-13-2012, 06:34 AM
There are two fronts.

On one hand, we have a president who has no regard for the rule of law, and has by all estimations a Marxist agenda. He was elected by people who share that agenda. That's something we can maybe do something about.

On the other hand, according to at least one economic researcher (see this video) (http://pro.stansberryresearch.com/1011PSIENDVD/LPSIN233/) there is a financial crisis coming that's too late to prevent. The dollar will cease to be the world's reserve currency, there will be high inflation as the government prints money to cover our debts which other nations will no longer want, and general economic mayhem will ensue. It won't matter who we elect; not even Ronald Reagan could, by himself, stop that train wreck.

TriggerMan
02-13-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm 67 years old and even considering the Civil Rights movement and Vietnam protests I've never seen our nation so divided and a President, in my opinion, whether intentionally or not throwing gas on the fires of discontent.I'm only 5 years younger but remember those days as well. In my opinion, Vietnam was more devisive, primarily due to the draft.

I see more inflamatory rhetoric thrown from the Right these days. No one seems to be able to call him President Obama or just Obama. They have to try some grade school insult as if their arguments are then improved. Wild charges about his "intentions" (do much mind reading?). Birthers. 'nuff said there. Attacks on his wife's looks. Circulating emails with more holes than Swiss cheese. (see the one on the 1% transaction tax). Members claiming they know his religion better than he does. Racist stuff as well. Sad times.

P.S. I won't be voting for him, but it will be issue driven, not conspiracy theory based.

TriggerMan
02-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Well, it's all over them. No need to vote in the upcoming election. Walter has spoken. Turn in your guns.

Just one catch, Walter didn't write any of that. It was posted by a spin doctor with his own agenda on April 1st.

TriggerMan
02-13-2012, 07:12 AM
I'm voting for whoever runs against Obama. And everyone I talk to says that they're voting against him too. I'm just saying, come election time he gets the votes from somewhere...The Conservative and Evangelical Right has a way of alienating Independent voters and Fiscally Conservative Democrats. Rants about "the anti-Christ". Birthers. What rational person wants to join that camp?

The problem isn't the one man in the WH. It's the entire system. Elections are won by the guy with the most money. Ask Newt. Ask Obama. You can change the Country a lot more if you reform campaign financing. Cap spending. No Super Pacs. No anonymous donations. Criminal penalties for late filing. Clean up Congress.

TriggerMan
02-13-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm curious about one thing:
What, exactly, do people who say these alarmist things believe is going to happen if their dire predictions come true?....

Does anyone really believe that will happen here?Speaking of China. Conventional wisdom says all manufacturing is going to China. We (the US) don't make anything anymore.

Reality? 2% of our GDP is Chinese manufactured. 89% of GDP is US made.

Bill K
02-13-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm so thankful that my true citizenship is not in this or any other country and that my hope and trust not in any of man's governments.

JFootin
02-13-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm so thankful that my true citizenship is not in this or any other country and that my hope and trust not in any of man's governments.

Something to be mindful of: history tells us and the Revelation predicts that a likely outcome for citizens of the heavenly kingdom when evil rises to power in this world is martyrdom. Since Christ's day, many tens of millions of His followers have been tortured and murdered. More than any by the Catholic Church during the Inquisition (over 50 million). The Revelation and other end time prophetic scriptures talk about a purge so terrible that only a rag tag few remain alive at Christ's coming (1 The 4:15). So, citizens of the heavenly kingdom, be prepared to surrender your life as we see evil overflowing in these end times.

popgoestheweasel
02-13-2012, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=TriggerMan;133732]The Conservative and Evangelical Right has a way of alienating Independent voters and Fiscally Conservative Democrats. Rants about "the anti-Christ". Birthers. What rational person wants to join that camp?

TriggerMan, I don't know what you've been missing. OBVIOUSLY Romney is trying VERY hard to make people forget HIS flaky record so he can be accepted into 'the camp'. However, the conservative, religeous right can't be fooled. Forgive him...maybe! Forget his past record??? Never! The best "Flip" can hope for is to be 'stomached' and that's asking alot. However, just you wait and see, those sacred conservative/religeous "beliefs and values" won't mean SQUAT and he'll become the savior. Convictions?

Gingrich would be happy to be welcome ANYWHERE, including the moon. Some say he's a pretty 'open' minded guy...just ask his ex. Give him credit for being an amazing 'historian' who constantly wants us reminded us of the past...except when it comes to HIS past as a 2-time 'unethical cheater'. Doesn't look like the conservative evangelical right will be passing the marshmallows to ole Newt 'round the campfire...unless...

Santorum is the poster child and lifetime member of 'the camp'. Wait!!!!!! You mentioned the words "rational person", didn't you TriggerMan? Forgive me, I surrender to your point and will stand-by to watch the "rant" continue. G'day!

muggsy
02-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Just one catch, Walter didn't write any of that. It was posted by a spin doctor with his own agenda on April 1st.

I'm aware. What I said was said tongue in cheek. Obama is nothing but a cheap Chi town hustler who never held a real job in his life. He's the Community Organizer-in Chief. He's one term and done. Outa here. Hope the door doesn't hit him in the *** on the way out.

jocko
02-13-2012, 11:12 AM
oh I pray ur so right muggsly but the republicans keep shooting themselves in the ass. This nomination crap is gonna break any repoblican that wins the nomnation. I seriously doubt if any one will even have the necessary amount of delegates to lock up the nomination, so then what a damn floor fight and obamaq is just sitting back enjoying all of it.

We best work our asses off to win the senate for my gutt feeling is the great one is gonna get back in. Who do u think the 50% who pay no taxes and the 8% unemployed getting 99 more weeks of social handouts are gonna vote for.

He can fly aorund on our tax dolllars on his government jet for nothing where as every republican has to send his or our money to do it He is a hustler that is for sure and I best stop right there for fear of getting banned.

LaP
02-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Nothing more to add, except for some pithy quotes....

Politics is perhaps the only professon for which no preparation is thought necessary.
Robert Louis Stevenson

The short memories of American voters is what keeps our politicians in office.
Will Rogers

Public office is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Boles Penrose

Whenever any form of government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it.
The Declaration of Independence

muggsy
02-13-2012, 12:51 PM
That may be true about Ron Paul, but he won't make it to even be on the ballot I'm afraid. He is only in the running to take away from some of the other votes for other candidates

Ron Paul is running because he enjoys hearing himself speak and seeing himself on TV. He's in love with himself and can't get enough of the adoration from the weak minded.

muggsy
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
oh I pray ur so right muggsly but the republicans keep shooting themselves in the ass. This nomination crap is gonna break any repoblican that wins the nomnation. I seriously doubt if any one will even have the necessary amount of delegates to lock up the nomination, so then what a damn floor fight and obamaq is just sitting back enjoying all of it.

We best work our asses off to win the senate for my gutt feeling is the great one is gonna get back in. Who do u think the 50% who pay no taxes and the 8% unemployed getting 99 more weeks of social handouts are gonna vote for.

He can fly aorund on our tax dolllars on his government jet for nothing where as every republican has to send his or our money to do it He is a hustler that is for sure and I best stop right there for fear of getting banned.

Are you going to vote for Obama, Jocko? If not, that make two of us. Maybe it's the start of a movement to get him out of office. Currently the number of republican and democrats are about even. Less than half of the independents support Obama. A lot of the good honest democrats won't support Obama for a second term. I can't see how the conservatives of this country can lose. Frankly, I see big losses for the democrats in both houses of congress as well. The tide has turned.

Thunder71
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
We do have the right to overthrow the government, do we not? :)

jocko
02-13-2012, 01:02 PM
muggsy, I sure hope ur right, I could not vote for the4 fokkerif it meant world peace. . He had divided this country already.

To many have given their lives fighting for freedom to let this ahole take our freedom as we know it away from us. He willg o after our guns this next tirme if he gets elected. Not sure how he can pullit off but lately he just avoids congress althogher and vbascally says SUE ME.

JohnR
02-13-2012, 03:04 PM
We do have the right to overthrow the government, do we not? :)The Declaration of Independence says it's our duty, when we're reduced to absolute despotism. :)

Scoundrel
02-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, I didn't see any specific ideas about what an economic and social collapse signalling the destruction of our country actually looks like, in the details. Just some generalities.

But, I guess if I really want to know what people think that looks like, I should go on over to the survivalist forum.

JFootin
02-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Nothing more to add, except for some pithy quotes....

Politics is perhaps the only professon for which no preparation is thought necessary.
Robert Louis Stevenson

The short memories of American voters is what keeps our politicians in office.
Will Rogers

Public office is the last refuge of the incompetent.
Boles Penrose

Whenever any form of government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it.
The Declaration of Independence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCDoBvG1HoI

JohnR
02-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, I didn't see any specific ideas about what an economic and social collapse signalling the destruction of our country actually looks like, in the details. Just some generalities.

But, I guess if I really want to know what people think that looks like, I should go on over to the survivalist forum.
Check out Greece. Or Germany after WWI. Or England after they devalued the pound. Or Russia in 1917, Nicaragua in 1979, Cuba in 1959. The details would fill several volumes. :cool:

LaP
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Are you wishing for a few more pithy quotes?
Too bad, here they come.....

Voters quickly forget what a man says.
Richard Nixon

Poliitics is so expensive that it takes a lot of money even to get beat with.
Will Rogers

There are too many Democratic congressmen, too many republican congressmen, and never enough U.S. congressmen
Anonymous

Remember, an elected official is one who gets 51% of the vote cast by 40% of the 50% of voters that registered,
Dan Bennett

Politics offers yesterday's answers to today's problems
Marshall Mcluhan

Class dismissed.;)

JFootin
02-14-2012, 06:46 AM
"As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust: So there are other qualities in human nature, which justify a certain portion of esteem and confidence. Republican government presupposes the existence of these qualities in a higher degree than any other form. Were the pictures which have been drawn by the political jealousy of some among us, faithful likenesses of the human character, the inference would be that there is not sufficient virtue among men for self-government; and that nothing less than the chains of despotism can restrain them from destroying and devouring one another." --James Madison, Federalist No. 55, 1788

LaP
02-14-2012, 09:09 AM
OOOCH.

JFootin, that's gotta hurt some politicians. It hits them squarely between the eyes.