Has anyone shot or handled one?
Does it compare to a CW9?

http://sccy.com/index.html

Here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZDyyBxZzP4&feature=youtu.be

Tilos

JFootin
02-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't know of anyone here who owns one. Did a Google search and found only one review:
http://shangrilatowers.blogspot.com/2011/09/guns-sccy-cpx-2-review.html

LaP
02-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Sorry, but once the reviewer compared the SCCY to a HiPoint, I stopped watching it. If that's the competion, I don't need to know more.

Tilos
02-14-2012, 10:29 AM
LaP:

Not the best vid for sure, but there are other choices in the side bar.
later, he did compare it to a Keltec which is simular to a CW9.

I open another tab and view something else, let the vid drone on, and listen to the audio.
just sayin'
Tilos

LaP
02-14-2012, 10:34 AM
OK, I'll give it another shot.

LaP
02-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Back live from the studio...

OK, not a bad looking pistol. On another video, it is shown at the range. It looks pretty snappy. Granted, any 9mm pistol that small will have substantial recoil.
If you buy one, keep us informed.

Tilos
02-14-2012, 11:02 AM
I won't be buying one until they are approved and raved over, here, by strangers:rolleyes:

Just looking for 1st hand experience 'cause I'm too lazy to go look myself:blushing:.

Bill K
02-14-2012, 11:26 AM
It was good to be able to compare both reviews. One of the comments below the written review spoke about former Kel-Tec employees starting what is now SCCY. I did see a strong Kel-Tec resemblance even before reading that comment. Anyone know if it is really true about the Kel-Tec connection?

JFootin
02-14-2012, 11:36 AM
His description of the trigger sounds horrible: gritty and loading up.

Tilos
02-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Dillon's Bue Press has a written review on this gun too, for another opinion.

The aluminum slide is the only negative for me, I'd be afraid of wearing it out, but hey, it's a carry gun, not a range toy.

My interest is any gun that lists for $299 will be $249 at gun shows, is double strike capable, and it is a double stack 10+1 rounder, that's 1" wide.

Thanks to all who have responded but somebody must have shot or at least handled one.

muggsy
02-14-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm sure glad to here the company name is pronounced sky. When I first saw the name Sccy I thought it was pronounced sissy. Ain't no way I want any part of a sissy gun! Now that I watched the video there ain't no way that I want any part of a Sky gun neither.

jocko
02-14-2012, 04:48 PM
not alot of good reorts on that gun, I am waiting to read one where a fella has 5K rounds through it and no issues. That will tell one more than one with a few hundred rounds through it. Co87urse maybe it is like kel tek guns. Made to carry often and shoot seldom....

muggsy
02-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Brings new meaning to the words Ghetto Blaster.

Tilos
02-15-2012, 08:04 AM
OK, now we all know the cpx-1 WAS a clone, the CPX-2 is NOT a Clone:o

SCCY just moved into a NEW, BIGGER place, so someone is buying/liking their guns:cool:.

Has anyone bought, shot, handled, or seen a CPX-2??:confused:

Anyone know anything that has not been mentioned here yet?

I'd even be interested in the I "know a guy who's brother-in-law has one" type stories:rolleyes:.

jocko
02-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I think their factory is just a few blocks down the road from kel teck. that should tell us maybe something. I would not own one, as I did own 3 kel teks kand they were POS guns for me and any business a few blaock away doing about the same thing,scares the piss outta me..

jocko
02-15-2012, 11:31 AM
I was at one time when kel teck was the only game in town. Not really concerned either, just flapping the ol keys maybe to much today..