PDA

View Full Version : Supressors For Hunting in OK

Longitude Zero
02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
SB-1473 passed out of committe on a 10/1 vote. When passed and signed by the Gov supressors will be legal for hunting in OK. Currently one of the areas that ranges and hunting lands are being attacked is on the nonsensical "noise pollution" issue.

tv_racin_fan
02-28-2012, 11:30 AM
AWESOME! We are having the same sort of luck with the same sort of bill it would seem.

muggsy
02-29-2012, 04:23 PM
SB-1473 passed out of committe on a 10/1 vote. When passed and signed by the Gov supressors will be legal for hunting in OK. Currently one of the areas that ranges and hunting lands are being attacked is on the nonsensical "noise pollution" issue.

How do you suppress a .30-06 or a 12 Ga. shotgun?

Longitude Zero
02-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Shotguns are obviously not supressable. But EVERY rifle caliber is supressable. My brother in law owns a can for a .308 and it does not make the report go away but drops it greatly. ANY rifle round including the .30-06 can and has been successfullysupressed. I have seen and fired several supressed versions of both.

tv_racin_fan
03-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Shotguns are suppressable. Yet nothing can be made absolutely silent like in the movies.

Looking about on one forum or another I found some photos of the insides of some popular suppressors and the simplicity of the devices is astounding. Of course the very simplistic designs are not the most quiet designs.

One guy without lathe and mill built a square suppressor because he could cut and weld with the machinery he had and get the job done. Plus a square suppressor would look cool on his Uzi.

muggsy
03-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Shotguns are obviously not supressable. But EVERY rifle caliber is supressable. My brother in law owns a can for a .308 and it does not make the report go away but drops it greatly. ANY rifle round including the .30-06 can and has been successfullysupressed. I have seen and fired several supressed versions of both.

I've only seen suppressors work well on guns firing subsonic rounds. How much is the noise level of a .308 reduced?