PDA

View Full Version : What do you say when the ladies...

yqtszhj
03-03-2012, 07:56 PM
What do you say when the ladies in the house (my wife and teenage daughter) are demanding new guns and associated accessories. The wife wants an AR-15 carbine with a good scope, and the daughter wants a scope for her new 10/22. Also my daughter said she doesn't want my used hand me down scope because she thinks I will just get myself something better (which is probably true.)

They suggested that I ask the Kahr talk folks what they think about it. They are watching any replies.

Tinman507
03-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Say what I always say:
If you can pay for it, YOU GO GIRL!!

yqtszhj
03-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Well the thing is they know my finances and that I can afford what they are asking at the moment. that's why I'm on the spot. They ganged up me this evening

CJB
03-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Give the ladies what they want. Period.

Then go get exactly what you want.

When they kvetch, tell'm they ain't got a middle leg to stand on... so bugger off.

Or something like that.

yqtszhj
03-03-2012, 08:11 PM
That's about 2 votes for the ladies.

I hate to discourage them even given the expense.

Thunder71
03-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I wish I had that problem.

TheTman
03-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Just be glad you have females in the house that want to be armed. My ex-wife and daughters all live in some dreamworld where nothing bad can happen to them. When I moved out I left my youth 20 guage shotgun, after having my wife shoot at some clay pigeons with it, but I came over one day to grab some stuff, and found it and the .22 buckmark I left, in my gun locker, in a closet, turned sideways, with a dresser blocking the door. It took me about 15 minutes to move everything and get to my guns, so I just took them and cleaned and oiled them after a couple years of neglect, and thankfully they were'nt rust pitted. I never have asked the ex about guns since. I'd like to get her a good .38 revolver, Buds has some used Model 10's for $270, but I figure that it'd just get put somewhere and never seen again, so am not going to bother. One of these days, I'll take my girls to the indoor range and let them shoot my Buckmark, and then my Star 9mm, which is pretty heavy and soaks up recoil very well, and see if I can't get them to see the fun side of guns. I tried to get them to shoot the .22 rifle when they were younger, but they wanted no part of it, and I didn't want to force them and turn them off to guns even more. I figure now that they are older, they might see the fun in it. I did get my older daughter to say she'd go shooting sometime, but she added she'd never be able to use one on a person, and I said, wait till you have someone kicking in your door to victimize you and tell me that.

Cokeman
03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
My only experience with this happened before I had guns. My wife called me at work and said "let's get a gun". I was almost finished with college and decided that a gun would be a great graduation present. It was.

jlottmc
03-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Get the girls what they want. I'm almost in the same boat. My wife wants to play with my toys, and she wants her own too. Problem comes with the funding. The daughter has heard us talk about her rifle, and of course being four wants it now, so she can be big and do things with her daddy. You'll have a much happier life if you get them their toys.
ETA: The proper response to the question is "Yes Dear".

Ken_K
03-03-2012, 09:49 PM
My girl wants an AR-22, S&W airweight in 38 special, AND my SR1911. I told her the ar and airweight I can do but the 1911 will have to be pried from my cold dead hands! Lol.

I say since they actually have an interest in firearms get them what they want. You'll also have an excuse to get yourself a new toy as well :D

Barth
03-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Girls will be girls.
Buy them what they want and reap the benefits.
Then buy yourself something nice for being a good guy!

So says Barth Six Barrels
http://www.american-indian-artwork.com/images/indian_small.jpg

tv_racin_fan
03-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Well... when the wife decided she would carry a handgun I let her decide what to get. AFTER she got it I explained how what she got wasn't going to work for her and I let her pick out something else. (I did help her a bit) I liked what she got the second time (Kahr CW9) so I found myself something similar (Kahr K9). The first time she touched that K9 she said she knew which Kahr she was going to carry so I went and found another K9. A bit later I picked up a revolver I have been wanting for a LONG time, first trip to the range and she says I want one... so I started looking for another one at a similar deal as I found. One day we took the grandchildren to the dentist and I stopped at a local pawn shop on the way home.. she took the kids to a bathroom and said when I came out that she knew I had found something because I wasn't done before they were... she was right.

I always say if momma aint happy NO BODY is happy so I try to keep momma happy. When she says she wants something if it is even remotely reasonable I'll figure out some way to get it for her. I got more toys than I can play with in a reasonable amount of time so if she wants something and I have to sell one of my toys I aint go an issue.
Actually I am trying to convince the wife that she NEEDS a Hello Kitty AR or a Kalishna Kitty AK.

TriggerMan
03-04-2012, 01:23 AM
What do you say when the ladies in the house (my wife and teenage daughter) are demanding new guns and associated accessories. The wife wants an AR-15 carbine with a good scope, and the daughter wants a scope for her new 10/22. Also my daughter said she doesn't want my used hand me down scope because she thinks I will just get myself something better (which is probably true.)

They suggested that I ask the Kahr talk folks what they think about it. They are watching any replies.A happy wife is a happy life.

Popeye
03-04-2012, 05:10 AM
I can see them wanting new guns, after all it's better than usless things like jewelery. I just hope your kidding with the demanding part. :confused:

Binkis
03-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Spend time with them, teach them and enjoy!

Athensm50
03-04-2012, 06:46 AM
good problem to have!!!!

yqtszhj
03-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Girls will be girls.
Buy them what they want and reap the benefits.
Then buy yourself something nice for being a good guy!

So says Barth Six Barrels
http://www.american-indian-artwork.com/images/indian_small.jpg

After they get their desires I'll be buying bulk ammo. The wife also said "I don't think you can ever have too much ammo" :eek:

I think she's preparing for doomsday.

yqtszhj
03-04-2012, 07:00 AM
I can see them wanting new guns, after all it's better than usless things like jewelery. I just hope your kidding with the demanding part. :confused:

well the daughter is pretty much demanding the scope. The wife just wansts the AR, and scope.

MW surveyor
03-04-2012, 07:05 AM
What do you say? Easy answer - Yes mam.

muggsy
03-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Words to live by. If mom ain't happy ain't nobody happy.Tell your daughter that you would be happy to match her contributions to the new scope for her 10/22. Make it a learning experience. She'll appreciate it in about 100 years. :)

jlottmc
03-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Words to live by. If mom ain't happy ain't nobody happy.Tell your daughter that you would be happy to match her contributions to the new scope for her 10/22. Make it a learning experience. She'll appreciate it in about 100 years. :)

^^ This right here.

CharlieW
03-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Simple answer -- "Yes, dears" !

Would you rather them have a closet full of shoes, or a closet full of guns?

At least you can share, unless you prefer wearing women's shoes ... :eek:

Blue150
03-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Dude,
You have women in the house who like guns and the financial means to support their purchases. Would you rather be buying them Prada? Besides, if Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...

Jeremiah/Az
03-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Good for you, yqt! Buy them all the guns they want!

I have bought guns for & taught to shoot, most of the women I have been involved with--------except for the really crazy one! I had second thoughts on letting her have a fork to eat with!:eek:

ltxi
03-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Say what I always say:
If you can pay for it, YOU GO GIRL!!

Well, huh. I'm with you on this one. Wife....who's certainly no lady and tends to be offended when called that by anyone other than Jerry Lewis, has her own hard earned $$ and buys her own stuff. Guns included.

jdlott74
03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Get the girls what they want. I'm almost in the same boat. My wife wants to play with my toys, and she wants her own too. Problem comes with the funding. The daughter has heard us talk about her rifle, and of course being four wants it now, so she can be big and do things with her daddy. You'll have a much happier life if you get them their toys.
ETA: The proper response to the question is "Yes Dear".

That's right.....Course, like you said, the problem is the funding..but we're working on it....

jocko
03-05-2012, 07:32 PM
when I bought my wife her first harley I came home one day and said honey I ordered u a new harley, she about sh-t. She had nbever road a big bike before. She took the course did great and that was 18+years ago and over 150K miles ago. yes please her big time and I have been rewarded with the best rding partner money can buy.

air8
03-06-2012, 12:09 AM
If it's gun related there should be no hesitation. Do It! LOL. We always look for an excuse to gun shop, now you have partners.