View Full Version : Just bought a new CZ

tnshooter
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Just bought a new CZ P-06 .40 S&W. I'd been wanting another .40 to add to the collection, and had it narrowed down to 3 choices: Glock 23, Sig P229, or CZ P-06. I really had my mind set to get the Glock 23, but then I started to think about whether or not I wanted another striker-fired pistol. I came sooooo close to getting that Glock, and actually even told the mrs. that I was going to get it, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking that I really wanted a hammer-fired SA/DA. Well, I finally decided that the Glock was out, and that the price difference between the CZ and the Sig was too much ($200 buys a lot of ammmo).

I've got to say...these CZ pistols are things of beauty. The fit and finish on this pistol is amazing. It's smooth, tight, and fits my hand like a glove. It came with night sights too. I can't wait to get her out to the range to see how she shoots.

Krusty
03-09-2012, 10:36 AM
How much did you pay? Show some pics too , please! Cheers

Bawanna
03-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm anxious to see it too. They make some darn nice guns.

Popeye
03-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm anxious to see it too. They make some darn nice guns.

Yes they most certainly do and I'm a Jihugeic CZ fan. . Now Please let me get this straight I do not work for them, and I do not live in the Check Republic. So please only say niice things about me. Or you'll hurt my feelings.:(

MW surveyor
03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
tnshooter - It will probably shoot better than you can hold :) I've got the CZ SP01 Phantom and its a big tossup between it and the 45 as my best/most accurate semi-auto center fire pistol. Did they send you a "target" that shows the accuracy of your gun? I got one with the Phantom and have been trying to match it ever since. LOL.

Popeye - You're golden with me since you like CZs and Kahrs.

jeepster09
03-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Ahhhh yes CZ's........

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/jeepster09/IMG_0937-1.jpg

tnshooter
03-09-2012, 02:31 PM
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s467/tnshooter1/CZP-06.jpg

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s467/tnshooter1/P-06XD-40.jpg

How's this...? Sorry if they're too small, but that's cell phone camera's for you.

The pistol did come with a target in the box. The mean POI is about 3 inches left, and about 3 inches high at 25 meters. That's probably better than I'll ever be able to shoot, so I'm happy with that. Although I'll find out for myself when I go to the range.

Paid $575 for it. Thought that was a pretty good price.

The other pistol with it is my XD-40. Thought I'd show the size comparison.

Popeye
03-09-2012, 02:35 PM
tnshooter - It will probably shoot better than you can hold :) I've got the CZ SP01 Phantom and its a big tossup between it and the 45 as my best/most accurate semi-auto center fire pistol. Did they send you a "target" that shows the accuracy of your gun? I got one with the Phantom and have been trying to match it ever since. LOL.

Popeye - You're golden with me since you like CZs and Kahrs.

MW surveyor I'm gonna agree. I shoot my CZ75B more accurately than any pistol I own, but my EDC is my PM9.

yqtszhj
03-09-2012, 02:38 PM
CZ's are nice. I bought a bolt action CZ .22 rifle and LOVE IT. Nice walnut stock and talk about accurate .....

air8
03-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I want the CZ SP01 Phantom real bad. I bought an xdm 5.25 first. Then decided on the CW9. So now I can go back to saving for the CZ.

gb6491
03-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Congrats on the new CZ:) My bet is you will continue to be pleased with it once you've had the chance to send some rounds down range. The CZs I've shot/owned have been reliable and accurate. They also produce some fine rifles as yqtszhj pointed out and I find these to be well made and finished nicely. I'm not as impressed with the pistols in this regard (fit/finish), but they are certainly done to an adequate level and the paint used on them covers well plus it's durable (still be careful with cleaning solvents, test on slide underside and inside the dust cover).
http://i43.tinypic.com/2yypi6x.jpg
Regards,
Greg

air8
03-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Jeepster, what model is that guy?

MW surveyor
03-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Jeepster, what model is that guy?

air8 - I'm not exactly sure of Jeepster's CZ model but I can tell you that that's his gun! All his guns have been painted those exact colors. Plus he likes to have the receivers machine jeweled :D

air8
03-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanx. So that is paint? Or is it a coating? Looks real nice.

Bawanna
03-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Ok, lets play name that CZ. I think it's a Rami.

I think its Durocoat a Paint/Finish. Durable.

Jeepster, if you need my address to send the prize, just let me know.

Barth
03-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Ok, lets play name that CZ. I think it's a Rami.

I think its Durocoat a Paint/Finish. Durable.

Jeepster, if you need my address to send the prize, just let me know.

I don't even have to look at the picture to tell you it's a Rami.
I guessed that one correctly a long time ago - LOL!

jeepster09
03-09-2012, 06:32 PM
CZ Rami duracoated the only REAL GUN colors: OD Green/Black.:D

Bawanna
03-09-2012, 06:36 PM
So does this mean I'm a pathetic loser once again. Not all bad I suppose. think of all the people I've saved the pain and misery of being last by letting them finish before me. I guess it's my mission.

jreXD9
06-11-2012, 08:48 AM
CZ 2075 Rami 9 in alloy.....BEST SHOOTING GUN I've ever had, including 4 Kahrs, 5 Springfields, a Sig, a Kimber, a Para, an MPc, another CZ and 2 Keltecs.....without a doubt. For all the addicts here.....CZ.....just say no cuz if you say yes it's gonna cost you.

Snidely Whiplash
06-11-2012, 09:07 AM
I love my CZ P01. Looks very nice. Feels very nice. Shoots very nice. Never had even the slightest problem with it. I would like to hear all about that Rami in the photo.