PDA

View Full Version : What is "Black Gun Operations"?

Scoundrel
03-09-2012, 06:59 PM
I am looking around at meetup groups, and there is one about AR-15 training. but one of the things said in their advertising blurb is this:

"We are the higher class of Black Gun Operations."

I have no idea what that means, and it sounds like it could be a little screwy, like "Freedom County, Washington" kind of screwy.

I've sent the organizer a message asking for an explanation, but was wondering if any of you might be able to shed some light from a different perspective.

muggsy
03-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Originally M-16s and AR-15s were like Henry Ford's Model T. You could have any color you wanted as long as it was black. That earned them the moniker of black guns. Manufacturers of black guns run black gun operations. And now you know the rest of the story

Scoundrel
03-09-2012, 08:17 PM
What does it mean to be in the "higher class" of black gun operations? Could this mean they only want people who have advanced skills working with AR-style weapons?

And, by "run black gun operations", what is involved? Sorry to be a pest, but this is still vague/fuzzy to me.

Scoundrel
03-09-2012, 09:05 PM
I just got a response from the organizer, as follows:

"Black Guns are military type firearms and require extensive knowledge in fundamentals and mechanics prior joining. Just a heads up, if you had to Google it, this might not be the right place."

Also, in response to another question I submitted:
"Every person in this group has received extensive combat and firearms training and have qualified as an expert by military standards."

...and in response to yet another question (the guy was very patient with my many questions):
"Each member of the group has to design from there background, an FTX focused on BSA, CQB and CQD operations while maintaining safety control in a live fire theater. Fire, EMS and other agencies are involved and each operator organizer is responsible for agency deconfliction. This is a high-stress high-tempo group."

OK, so that pretty much sums it up. Not my kinda group. :)

AJBert
03-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Sounds to me like a bunch of wannabes' that have never been in the military that are being "led" by someone who spent one enlistment and actually shot an M-16 and may or may not have spent some time overseas.

I'd pass, too.

Scoundrel
03-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I may not have provided enough information for an accurate assessment. I myself might not even have enough information for that assessment. But I do have enough to know that it's not my kinda group, and I learned something about "Black Gun Operations" and the attitudes of some of the people involved in such while I was at it.

HDoc
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Sounds to me like a bunch of wannabes' that have never been in the military that are being "led" by someone who spent one enlistment and actually shot an M-16 and may or may not have spent some time overseas.

I'd pass, too.
+1

Basement dwelling mall-ninjas... AR-15's tricked out with an amazing amount of unnecessary, but cool looking accessory's . I dreaded these types in my command.