View Full Version : New toy for the toy box.

Bawanna
03-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm into old weird different kind of stuff and while browsing Buds the other day I ran across these on their home page. Sucked me in like O'Dells Corvette on a car lot.
Got it earlier this week, just now getting around to pictures.
It actually feels really good in the hand and after I got all the grease it was packed it hosed off it's like new. I'm sure it was never issued.

The gun shop called it a Russian paperweight. I felt kind of bad for them not recognizing or appreciating a fine specimen of history such as this. It's remarkable simple, border line crude but actually quite nice too.

The Nagant shoots 7.62x38 and ammo is available. I don't have any yet, Bud's was out but it's out there. This one was made in 44, most were made in the 30's at Tula Arsenal.
For the remarkable sum of 129 bucks delivered and my shop only charged me our state tax of 11 bucks and no transfer fee I figure it's just gotta be match grade. Not sure on the trigger pull DA, my scale only goes up to 85 pounds, the SA pull is around 26 pounds I think. Everything is easy to get at so maybe I'll try doing a trigger job on it. Check out the snake of a firing pin on that hammer.

For your viewing pleasure.

thatguytoo
03-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Nice!

AJBert
03-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Wait until you get the ammo for it. One of the more unusual rounds you will find. The bullet is loaded way down below the neck of the casing, yet the casing is not necked down, if that makes sense. You'll understand when you see them.

We've sold a few of them, mainly to the folks that have bought the Mossin Nagant rifles. For the price of the rifles I can't see any one not picking up one of these pistols. Definately not of American design, which can be pretty cool. Kind of neat to own a piece of the Cold War.

yqtszhj
03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Nice and interesting gun. I saw those a while back and thought about it given the price. That one looks new from the pics.

Just curious, how long did it take Buds to ship it? I have bought 2 from buds so far and the first one took 7 days to ship. the second one took 3 days. I'm reading that Buds is backed up now a bit now and my last order has been in processing for 5 days.

They were $70 cheaper than local and no tax so it's still worth it if it will ship in 7-10 days.

Bawanna
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I was very lucky, it shipped in like 3-4 days. I know they are back logged and they say they are just about caught up but claimed they had 5 times the sales last month as the same period a year earlier. It was a greasy mess when it arrive but cleaned up very easily.
One of the video's I watched about it claimed S&W used it as a model for their model 10. Worlds apart but some similarities, not sure I buy that story.

I have 2 russian rifles so I thought this would be a good running mate too.
My short rifle, they don't call em carbines, M44? is in really good condition, the rifle is pretty rough. I really should order one of them from them, I think they are around a 100 bucks too and look way better than the one I got.

gb6491
03-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Славный револьвер, Comrade Bawanna!:)
http://i39.tinypic.com/fokpw8.jpg

OldLincoln
03-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Hmmm.... That firing pin reminds me of a healthy stallion I once saw doing his favorite job! That'll give you something to think about when you pull the trigger. :)

wyntrout
03-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Here's some info on ammo... out for now, though:

http://www.fivesevenammo.com/shop/media/7.62Nagant.jpg 7.62 NAGANT 98-GRAIN FMJ AMMO BY PRVI PARTIZAN
$39.95 $24.89 On Sale!
7.62NGT
For your Russian M95 Nagant revolver, brand new PRVI Partizan 98-grain full metal jacketed7.62x38R ammunition. Brass casing, Boxer-primer and non-corrosive components. •Muzzle Velocity: 738 fps. •Muzzle Energy: 118 ft. lbs. 50-rounds per box. Caliber 7.62x38R. LOWEST PRICE ON THE NET! SOLDOUT! New shipment arriving in mid-April. Place your order now to reserve your supply at the old price. Card will not be charged until ready to ship.

http://www.fivesevenammo.com/shop/page10.html

Powerful stuff.:rolleyes:

Славный револьвер = Glorious revolver

Wynn:)

Bawanna
03-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Good stuff. Glorious Revolver? I thought it was Kill a Commy for Mommy.

Crude as it is I can't believe how well this thing fits in the hand.

I'll post a report when I find some bullets and shoot this thing. Hope I can manage the vicious recoil.

muggsy
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Bolshevik, bullets. What will Bawanna shoot next?

jeepster09
03-12-2012, 11:12 AM
That is way cool!

Tinman507
03-12-2012, 12:06 PM
rPsL2WVhFCc