PDA

View Full Version : Glock 27 VS. PM40

peterj
02-08-2010, 04:09 PM
I just recently bought a new PM9 and I'm in love with it! Sweet trigger, very concealable, etc. etc. etc.

My dilemma now is that I want a smaller, more compact 40 than the 27 I currently have. So, there sits a PM40 at a LGS calling my name.

Can anyone here provide some pros and cons or experience with a PM40 vs. G27?:confused:

If I decide to go for the PM40, I will have a 27 to sell. 300 rounds through, Lasermax, Pierce ext. and several holsters.

Thanks for the input.

frank_drebin
02-08-2010, 09:26 PM
I just recently bought a new PM9 and I'm in love with it! Sweet trigger, very concealable, etc. etc. etc.

My dilemma now is that I want a smaller, more compact 40 than the 27 I currently have. So, there sits a PM40 at a LGS calling my name.

Can anyone here provide some pros and cons or experience with a PM40 vs. G27?:confused:

If I decide to go for the PM40, I will have a 27 to sell. 300 rounds through, Lasermax, Pierce ext. and several holsters.

Thanks for the input.

What is there to say, you bought a PM9 and instantly loved it. Same here with y PM40. I considered a CW40 and almost got it instead but really wanted the smaller size for EDC, Since you already have the PM9 you might consider a CW40 instead. That will give you more carry options and a few more rounds and you still have the PM9 for when you really want to dress light. The CW9 is very concealable and much easier to handle than a PM40.

I had a Glock 33 (same size as G26/27) and I never found a use for it. It didn't conceal any better than my Glock 23 so I really saw no advantage.

Ratmando73
02-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Years ago I went from the 27 to the PM40 just to reduce the size of what I was carrying and have not looked back. I have nothing bad to say about the 27, great gun. The pm40 is just so smaller and easier to conceal.

I will tell you the 40 is snappier then the 27. You have to shoot the 40 to get good at it. I also recommend putting Agrips or Hogue Jr's on it to help your shooting.

Personal choice and youo can't go wrong with either.

peterj
02-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the input so far. :)

jkalantzis
02-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Just buy it! Whats the worst thing that could happen? You have another great gun!

ltxi
02-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Years ago I went from the 27 to the PM40 just to reduce the size of what I was carrying and have not looked back. I have nothing bad to say about the 27, great gun. The pm40 is just so smaller and easier to conceal.

I will tell you the 40 is snappier then the 27. You have to shoot the 40 to get good at it. I also recommend putting Agrips or Hogue Jr's on it to help your shooting.

Personal choice and youo can't go wrong with either.

It was my G27 that convinced me I wanted nothing to do with lw Kahr .40s. I have no problem with my G23 or Sigs, and I'd like to have a K40. But I would not feel comfortable enough with my ability to control a PM40 under stress beyond the first shot to carry it.