View Full Version : Just Ordered my T9

MPosey
04-17-2012, 03:15 PM
So in the recent past few days I decided I should get a Kahr. I had carried a Glock 19 before but it always felt too thick to me to hide properly. My wife and I went to look at guns for her and they showed us a CW9, which fit my hand very well, and I loved how thin it was. I hadn't heard much about Kahr's, but once I did a little looking it sounds like most people really like them. So I sold my Glock 19 and saved up a little and started looking for Kahr's.

I decided since I like all metal guns I would get K9 elite with night sights. The only downside? I couldn't find one anywhere. But I started to see the T9's and once I did a comparison, I realized it was the gun I had always wanted. A single stack Glock 19, since Glock won't make one, the T9 seems to be the ticket.

This is the first gun I have ever bought without at least holding it before but I think it was the right choice. I ended up with the T9 with the Novaks.

Pretty excited for my first Kahr to get here.

I'll do a range report after I get a chance to get to the range.

Tinman507
04-17-2012, 03:16 PM
All I can say is I am
http://photos.weddingbycolor-nocookie.com/p000017800-m138758-p-photo-355000/green-with-envy.jpg

Bawanna
04-17-2012, 03:20 PM
^^^^^ what he said. The T9 was invented and specially built to fit my hand. How we were separated at the drawing board I have yet to figure out.
Your gonna love it. Can't wait for pictures and range report.

jocko
04-17-2012, 04:03 PM
So in the recent past few days I decided I should get a Kahr. I had carried a Glock 19 before but it always felt too thick to me to hide properly. My wife and I went to look at guns for her and they showed us a CW9, which fit my hand very well, and I loved how thin it was. I hadn't heard much about Kahr's, but once I did a little looking it sounds like most people really like them. So I sold my Glock 19 and saved up a little and started looking for Kahr's.

I decided since I like all metal guns I would get K9 elite with night sights. The only downside? I couldn't find one anywhere. But I started to see the T9's and once I did a comparison, I realized it was the gun I had always wanted. A single stack Glock 19, since Glock won't make one, the T9 seems to be the ticket.

This is the first gun I have ever bought without at least holding it before but I think it was the right choice. I ended up with the T9 with the Novaks.

Pretty excited for my first Kahr to get here.

I'll do a range report after I get a chance to get to the range.

ur sure gonna love that T9 asmuch as I love my K9 the T9 has to be the gun to have. due the kahr lube chart thing on the kahr tech secion and read the propper prepping ythread to, both will make that first shoot a fun one to.

Nice gun, I just never have seen one around here or in any gun shop:behindsofa:

Bill K
04-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk.

Hope the T9 turns out to be everything you hope for and more.

TheTman
04-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the asylum Mposey. Hope your T9 is everything you hoped it would be.

RedRyder
04-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Welcom MPsosey. I just a new P9 owner and member of the forum but my new toy is just amazing me. Never a bobble or hiccup on any kind of ammo. THink you'll like the folks here too, they've been real helpful to me.

dkmatthews
04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
The T9 rocks, man!

You're going to enjoy it SO MUCH!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rUVJmFydvDc/Tz1_JcwsiQI/AAAAAAAAJfU/qs3X8jgBO0Q/s640/IMG_7726.JPG
P.S. -- can you make out the TINY engraving on the frame? It says "Bawanna, I could have been yours..."

:behindsofa:

Springer
04-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Welcome; The T9 is the latest Kahr that I have bought, and the one that I find that I shoot the most. I think you will be happy with your decision. Let us know.

Bawanna
04-17-2012, 07:35 PM
The T9 rocks, man!

You're going to enjoy it SO MUCH!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rUVJmFydvDc/Tz1_JcwsiQI/AAAAAAAAJfU/qs3X8jgBO0Q/s640/IMG_7726.JPG
P.S. -- can you make out the TINY engraving on the frame? It says "Bawanna, I could have been yours..."

:behindsofa:

Time for another new keyboard. It's amazing what can pass through your nose when you read stuff your not expecting.

Tank
04-17-2012, 08:22 PM
You bought a T9 without even holding it? You won't be able to set it down once you get it in your hand!!! You can hear others say it is like an extention of your arm, but you will soon be a believer.

Don't plan to get a lot done the night you pick this up. You will need to read the manual, clean and oil it, make plans to go shooting, ponder things like "how do they keep a gun like this such a secert" all while wearing an uncontrolable smile.

My T40 seemed to settle down and get more acurate as the round count grew, I'd say 150 or so and it was good, but the 200 Kahr recommends isn't a stretch.

Enjoy and keep us posted.

MPosey
04-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm excited about the T9 arriving. I don't think it will arrive by this weekend though. Too bad. But I ordered all of my Milt Sparks gear today.

jocko
04-18-2012, 04:51 PM
I always felt the 200 round thing was a greakin suggestion. most never need it, but again I call the first 200 rounds also RANGE TIME. POUt ay adjetive u want on it, u bought the gun to shoot so shoot the fokker like u stole it. It if burps a few times , so what, keep shootin. The T9 is a sleeper but this forum has been awakening it slwly but surley to. Dont hear as much about the T40's as u do the T9's . I bet that 40 is a really dandy to shoot. I would have tomagna port it just becuase iam not allowed to have guns that are not ported. I even ported my lawn mower muffler!! Just sayin.

Tank
04-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Yea, in my case I'm not sure if the gun needs 200 rounds or I do.

In the case of my P380 I had issues from the get go. But I was able to isolate the cause and correct each problem without the gun going back to Kahr. Some problems were ammo related, some were things I was doing and some things just got better after shooting the gun more. It took several trips out shooting and at least the 200 rnds before I was comfortable with how it worked. I haven't had any issues since the 200-250 rnds, it runs like a top now. I do want to cut my mags back like the new configuration but I haven't had time yet.

With my T40 I didn't have any problem whats so ever, but the trigger gets smoother and the gun got more accurate. First time out shot 100 rnds everything worked great. The next time out after 4 mags or so I could see the groups start tightening up. I was shooting quite a bit tighter after 125 rnds or so than when I started that day. Could be me, the gun, or some of both.

I wouldn't judge a Kahr I bought until I get the 200 rnds through it, but the next guy could find it to be all differnt.

MPosey
04-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Got the update, the T9 has shipped. So I should pick it up next Fri when I'm back in town.

MPosey
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
I picked up the T9 today. What an impressive little pistol! I got it home and cleaned it up, and basically just fondled it. I compared it to my other steel 9mm's, my hi power, and P7 and I really think it is kind of those guns combined. It has the smooth little grip of the hi power and the smaller thinner slide of the P7. The trigger is even kind of the P7's travel with the hi power's break. I really like it. I was going to shoot it tomorrow but I have a nasty eye infection and my right eye swelled shut last night, so I will have to wait until next week to put it through its paces.

I got a case of 9mm from cheaper than dirt so I will have plenty to feed it.

Very impressive 9mm, I'm really looking forward to shooting this thing!

dkmatthews
04-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I am sorry to hear about your eye infection. congratulations on getting the pistol in your own hands!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

jocko
04-27-2012, 04:35 PM
I picked up the T9 today. What an impressive little pistol! I got it home and cleaned it up, and basically just fondled it. I compared it to my other steel 9mm's, my hi power, and P7 and I really think it is kind of those guns combined. It has the smooth little grip of the hi power and the smaller thinner slide of the P7. The trigger is even kind of the P7's travel with the hi power's break. I really like it. I was going to shoot it tomorrow but I have a nasty eye infection and my right eye swelled shut last night, so I will have to wait until next week to put it through its paces.

I got a case of 9mm from cheaper than dirt so I will have plenty to feed it.

that nasty nfection gets worse and u want someoone to break in that T9, post the need on this forum and have coffee ready, WE WILL BE DOWN: Just saying

ripley16
04-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I picked up the T9 today. What an impressive little pistol! I compared it to my other steel 9mm's, my hi power, and P7 and I really think it is kind of those guns combined. It has the smooth little grip of the hi power and the smaller thinner slide of the P7. The trigger is even kind of the P7's travel with the hi power's break. I really like it.

I've said many times that the T9 and P7 are very similar in a number of ways.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/P7andKahr004.jpg

Hope your eye problem clears up soon. I went through a couple herpes virus attacks and can testify that any eye problem is a mess.

dkmatthews
04-27-2012, 07:13 PM
MPosey - waitaminute!!! Are you saying that you have a H&K P7???

That is like the coolest handgun EVER from an engineering perspective! I'm so jealous!

jocko
04-27-2012, 07:24 PM
I seem to remember about 45 years ago the P7 were around and NO ONE WANTED anything todo with um, now they seem hot to find even. We called um back then decockers and everyone knew what we were talking about.

they sure get hot quick though..

MPosey
04-28-2012, 09:25 AM
MPosey - waitaminute!!! Are you saying that you have a H&K P7???

Yep

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7167/steels.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/steels.jpg/)

dkmatthews
04-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Yep

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7167/steels.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/steels.jpg/)

Holy smokes, those are COOL!

MPosey
05-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Finally got the T9 out to the range. I fired 200 rounds, 100 rounds of Wal Mart White Box, and 100 rounds of Win Clean. I had zero malfunctions of any kind. The magazines do get a little tiring to load after the first 100 rounds, but the gun shoots so softly it was fine. This little thing can shoot! I set my targets out to 7 yards as I wanted to see if that pattern changed as it got warm.

The gun shoots a touch low and right but only about 1/4" - 1/2" at the most. I was able to shoot ragged holes start to finish.

I have to get used to the trigger as I would try to shoot it without it resetting all of the way, but other than that I am very impressed. I did lose one of my allen head grip screws but other than that everything stayed tight, my rear sight screw stayed tight, and the gun got really, really hot which is good since I use Mil tec and it needs heat to work. The gun loosened up a little which is good as it was super tight when I took it out of the box.

I'm really happy with the T9; however, I'm a little bummed as I don't know if I will enjoy another pistol as much as I enjoy this one. It fits my hand perfectly and it is incredibly easy to shoot. I'm probably spoiled now...

jocko
05-04-2012, 05:05 PM
niced report Posey, u gotta watch those grips screws on the woode grip- kahrs. If the right side screwqs get to loose u can get some light strikes as they arer part of the system that holds that trigger bar in place to, so keep an eye on thgat right side. If u so desire, to put any thread locker on it, fr sure just buy the PURPLE thread locker. It is the weakest stuff out there bu tit will hold those screws in place and also come outd easily. Any gun shop shouldhave it. Alot of smittyt'suse it for scrope base and rings screws.

The T9 should be a real shooter, a few more hundred rounds and that gun is gong to get so much smoother it willb e scary.. Just sayin.

MPosey
05-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I lost the lower left hand side. I normally use loctite blue on the screws. They felt very secure before; however, 200 rounds loosens them up a bit. I'll get more and loctite them. Really like the gun, a lot.

Carolinakid
05-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Love my T9. Only "issue" I have is the bottom edge of the trigger guard is a little sharp and irritating at times.