View Full Version : Interesting Article

Tinman507
04-20-2012, 01:05 PM
I get the Personal Defense Network Feed on Facebook.
Just saw this article that looked interesting:

http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/articles/handguns/pocket-autoloading-pistols-for-personal-defense/?utm_source=cc&utm_medium=email&utm_term=read-more&utm_content=pocket-auto-pistols-art&utm_campaign=news042012

O'Dell
04-20-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't feel quite as bad now about the hard chrome P32 I bought for Vickie last year. She couldn't rack the slide consistently on any of the small 9mm or 380's.

TucsonMTB
04-20-2012, 10:56 PM
I don't feel quite as bad now about the hard chrome P32 I bought for Vickie last year. She couldn't rack the slide consistently on any of the small 9mm or 380's.
A Kel-Tec P32 was my first carry pistol. Great gun! Would still have it if ammo costs had not led to a trade for a P-3AT. My wife can now rack the P-3AT easily. But, it didn't start out that way. She had to convince herself that she could do it. Now, she operates any of our 1911's with ease and even the PM40. She does not have strong hands or arms either.

If you can encourage it without damaging the relationship, you might find that, with some concerted effort and practice, Vickie can rack a larger pistol also.

On the other hand, a hard chrome P32 is a sweet pistol. :)

Popeye
04-21-2012, 05:08 AM
I carry a P3at from time to time and have for a number of years. My EDC is a PM9. With my lifestyle carrying anything bigger on a consistant basis just isn't going to work. I refuse to look like some 65 year old gang banger who doesn't know how to dress himself. Like they say the pocket rocket in the pocket when you need it is better than a sevice pistol in the night stand.

O'Dell
04-21-2012, 01:36 PM
A Kel-Tec P32 was my first carry pistol. Great gun! Would still have it if ammo costs had not led to a trade for a P-3AT. My wife can now rack the P-3AT easily. But, it didn't start out that way. She had to convince herself that she could do it. Now, she operates any of our 1911's with ease and even the PM40. She does not have strong hands or arms either.

If you can encourage it without damaging the relationship, you might find that, with some concerted effort and practice, Vickie can rack a larger pistol also.

On the other hand, a hard chrome P32 is a sweet pistol. :)

I doubt that she's willing to put the effort into it. Since we sold the restaurant, she really doesn't carry much anyway. Fortunately, I do.