PDA

View Full Version : CM9 holster w/thumb break & mag carrier

hrtbreaker
04-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Just bought a CM9. Yea!

Per policy, need to carry OWB with a thumb strap for retention.

I found a holster on ebay that has a nice looking magazine holder right next to the gun holster (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kahr-P-9-magazine-leather-holster-black-/140549967748?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b96e4f84)

Does anyone know of other CM9 holsters that have a thumb strap?
Any holsters like the ebay one that have the integrated mag pouch?

Thx!

JimBianchi
04-25-2012, 12:15 AM
The one you mention on ebay is the first leather one with a thumb break and an extra mag that I have ever seen.

Usually they are nylon garbage holsters that are not worth your time.

That one seems like a good price. If I need one I would get it.

bonjorno2
04-25-2012, 02:36 AM
I hope you didn't pay 53 bucks for that when there are better options... galco ect

Planedude
04-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Take a look here.
http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/KAHR/CW9-K9/BELT-HOLSTERS/Thumb-Break-Mini-Slide
I do like the look of your ebay find but I would have one tactical issue at the reload. I wear the CW40 on my right (strong) side at the 5 o'clock. The spare wears in a seperate holder on my left side at about the 8 o'clock. During a reload with your ebay find, you are going to have to do some gun passing and shifting to get to your spare mag with the strong hand. Thats okay if you are behind cover and are not being pressed by the BG.
I have practiced my reloads with the CW40 enough to feel comfortable doing that under stress.
Other than that, your ebay holster looks okay for the price.
Have a good one.

JFootin
04-25-2012, 10:59 AM
+1 on ^. Nice looking holster, but I agree that the spare mag should be carried on the opposite side.

Kahr has spent a lot of attention to find a large collection of holsters for the CM9:
http://www.kahr.com/CM9-Holsters/ALL/CM9-Holsters.aspx

getsome
04-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Galco makes a nice OWB holster with a thumb strap release called their COP series...I just sent mine to AUgrunt because I never used it and always pocket carry my PM40...I think I paid something like $55.00 for it...

I really need to seperate all my old holsters because I think they are secretly breeding late at night...

AUgrunt
04-26-2012, 02:50 PM
getsome is a great dude for sending me that holster. I have worn it a few times and so far , so good. Fits high and tight like I want.

Galco makes a nice OWB holster with a thumb strap release called their COP series...I just sent mine to AUgrunt because I never used it and always pocket carry my PM40...I think I paid something like $55.00 for it...

I really need to seperate all my old holsters because I think they are secretly breeding late at night...

bonjorno2
04-26-2012, 03:41 PM
The holster you speak of is the one i carried for awhile working on the money trucks... I loved my galco and it was about 60 shipped and worth every penny!

hrtbreaker
05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Which size of the Galco Cop holster are you using for the CM9/PM9?

Galco's website only lists it available for the following models: CW40, CW9, K40, K9, P40, P9.

Isn't the CM9/PM9 different sized than all the above guns?

Thanks again!