PDA

View Full Version : New PM9 & New to Forum

G26ster
02-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Just want to introduce myself and my new Kahr PM9. I love this gun. I wanted something smaller than my Glock 26 for EDC, and after firing my friend's PM9 I knew this was the gun for me. I have a CTC Laserguard and ordered the Nemisis pocket holster for PM9 w/Laser. I'm looking forward to many years of use from the Kahr and great info from this forum.

Keuder
02-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Welcome to the forum. I am also pretty new here. I bought my PM9 just a month after purchasing a PM40 and running 750 rounds through it. Kahr PM's are great little guns. If they were on the California approved list I would be in the market for the PM45. What can I say............. I'm addicted now. ;o) Enjoy the forum (lots of good info and knowledgeable people).

jocko
02-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Welcome to the forum. I am also pretty new here. I bought my PM9 just a month after purchasing a PM40 and running 750 rounds through it. Kahr PM's are great little guns. If they were on the California approved list I would be in the market for the PM45. What can I say............. I'm addicted now. ;o) Enjoy the forum (lots of good info and knowledgeable people).

can get the hell out of komifornia. Have two brothers living there and wished they were back home in Indiana now...:33::33:

Dietrich
02-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Congratulations on your purchase of a fine handgun.The PM9 is one of the favorites here and it seems that most people say that they have no problems at all with them.I have about 1,500 rounds through mine without a single issue.Others have a lot more than that.Keep it clean, lube it properly and you`ll have a very dependable carry piece.Glad you found us.There is a ton of good information to be found here and don`t be shy about sharing your thoughts or asking questions.:)

In-Yo-Grill
02-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Congrats on your purchase and welcome aboard. Look forward to future range reports and pics.

deadhead1971
02-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Keuder--how is the recoil on the PM40?

Vinikahr
02-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Congrats and Welcome.

jkalantzis
02-16-2010, 03:08 PM
I would like to know the same. I would like to have one as well as my PM9. Sorry for getting off the subject. Welcome to the forum there is a lot of great knowledge here for the taking. Have fun and enjoy your new baby.

mx5fan
02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey G26,

Welcome to the forum and I just know your gonna love that PM9, like most of the rest of us.

Have fun, be safe and don't be a stranger.

G26ster
02-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I get to fire my PM9 for the first time Thursday (need to exercise the Glock too). Looking forward to it. :D Now I have an urge for a 1911 ultra compact in 9mm. I think they are the most beautiful handguns around, and take me back to my military days (except for the caliber and barrel length). Don't quite want to regularly shoot a .45 ACP with a 3" barrel at my age ;)

PM9, G26, Beretta Tomcat, Walther P22

In-Yo-Grill
02-17-2010, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I get to fire my PM9 for the first time Thursday (need to exercise the Glock too). Looking forward to it. :D Now I have an urge for a 1911 ultra compact in 9mm. I think they are the most beautiful handguns around, and take me back to my military days (except for the caliber and barrel length). Don't quite want to regularly shoot a .45 ACP with a 3" barrel at my age ;)

PM9, G26, Beretta Tomcat, Walther P22

I hear you...I'd love to get my hands on a Springfield EMP in 9mm.

Keuder
02-18-2010, 07:00 PM
I love the 40!!!! The recoil doesn't feel much different to me than the PM9. I bought the PM9 because of how great the 40 feels and shoots. Too bad the PM45 isn't on the California approved list or I'd have one of those too. I think I'm hooked.

G26ster
02-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, I didn't get to the range today with my new PM9, but I did get my Nemesis Pocket holster in the mail. I may be one of the few that does not like this holster. For me the main problem is "printing." It has no panel like a leather pocket/wallet holster, so I knew it would print some, but on me, it prints like "a gun in my pocket!" Also, it is not very sticky and will shift in the pocket, making getting a good draw not always possible.

I have reviewed the one on Kahr's site (I need one to accommodate the CTC Laserguard) which does have the panel that prevents printing. However, I'd like some alternatives if possible before I spend $60 for that one. So, I'd like to hear from any of you that have the type of pocket/wallet holster I am looking for and can point me in that direction.

I am not interested in any other type of holster (IWB, OWB, etc.) for this gun. Just a pocket/wallet holster that has an anti-printing panel. Thanks!

Keuder
02-18-2010, 07:25 PM

Wish I understood the reply options and "How to's". Not sure who I replied to a few minutes ago but it didn's show up here. :confused: Anyway, my PM40 recoil feels about the same as the PM9 to me. Maybe a little more jump, but not much. The feel and accuracy of the 40 were big contributors to the very easy decision to go out and get the PM9 on the 31st day of Kahr ownership. They are special little pistols indeed. Enjoy your PM9. If you love the way it shoots like I do mine, I wouldn't be surprised to see a post from you in the near future about "breaking in new PM40". :rolleyes:

jocko
02-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Well, I didn't get to the range today with my new PM9, but I did get my Nemesis Pocket holster in the mail. I may be one of the few that does not like this holster. For me the main problem is "printing." It has no panel like a leather pocket/wallet holster, so I knew it would print some, but on me, it prints like "a gun in my pocket!" Also, it is not very sticky and will shift in the pocket, making getting a good draw not always possible.

I have reviewed the one on Kahr's site (I need one to accommodate the CTC Laserguard) which does have the panel that prevents printing. However, I'd like some alternatives if possible before I spend $60 for that one. So, I'd like to hear from any of you that have the type of pocket/wallet holster I am looking for and can point me in that direction.

I am not interested in any other type of holster (IWB, OWB, etc.) for this gun. Just a pocket/wallet holster that has an anti-printing panel. Thanks!

a hanker chief in front of the nemeis, that will cover what you think everyone is looking at. trust me I have carried in a nemesis for over 3 years and I don't do anything with it other than put it in my pocket. You think it prints becuase you know you are carrying. No one else is lookiig. If your legal, to carry that even should be another reason not to worry about it. Kinda hard to stick anything in your front pocket that big in a holster ane expect it not to look like something is in their. that flap isn't going to help on bit towards hiding it either. You are worrying about something that is not worth worrying about IMO..

ask yoursellf do you scrutinize every personyou see walking and look in his front p[ocket area. I seriously doubt it. I carryt hat way and I just never think about checking out another person.

G26ster
02-19-2010, 08:17 AM
You think it prints becuase you know you are carrying. No one else is lookiig.

Heh :):), probably true to some extent, except when the wife asks, "why do you have your gun in your pocket in the house?" As I said, I expected it to print to some degree. Also, on my small frame and clothing, the PM9 is a borderline pocket gun. I knew that going in. In any case, I'm going to try it with other pants and make a final decision whether to use it or not. Perhaps it was just that particular pair of jeans that made it look too obvious. Thanks for the input :)

wyntrout
02-19-2010, 11:10 AM
"That's not a gun... I'm just happy to see you!":D

Sorry! Sometimes I just can't help myself.:blushing:

Tourettes typing syndrome.

Wynn:rolleyes:

jocko
02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Heh :):), probably true to some extent, except when the wife asks, "why do you have your gun in your pocket in the house?" As I said, I expected it to print to some degree. Also, on my small frame and clothing, the PM9 is a borderline pocket gun. I knew that going in. In any case, I'm going to try it with other pants and make a final decision whether to use it or not. Perhaps it was just that particular pair of jeans that made it look too obvious. Thanks for the input :)

two 380 pocket guns and they also print when in any pocket holster. I know it is there, you won't know it is there or for sure know what it is. I won't dress to carry, other than pocket carry you are going to have to somehow dress to carry. If that floats ones boat, row it. Lots of ways to carry and for me #1 is to have a ccw permit, that to me initself relieves any possable worry about pcketcarry and printing issues. So far I have been carrying for 48 years 90% in pocket. Jeans is my only dress . Never been challenged- ever.

getsome
02-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi G26ster, I have a desantis catalog at home and they do make a nemesis with a flap like you mentioned....call them for a very nice free catalog....I have to agree with jocko about CCW...I spent my money for a permit, got fingerprinted and have a license to carry...I'm legal and I always carry and I dont care who knows it either....I also have a truck that I pay for a tag and also paid for a drivers license to operate it... I dont worry about who sees me driving it and if a police officer wants to see my license and registration thats fine with me...If he asks if I have a gun on me I'll say yes sir and show my permit...I wish everyone would stop worrying about someone knowing they have a gun on them so long as they have a permit and are not in a place where guns aren't allowed because By God its our right to do so....

G26ster
02-19-2010, 03:53 PM
...I wish everyone would stop worrying about someone knowing they have a gun on them so long as they have a permit and are not in a place where guns aren't allowed because By God its our right to do so....

Thanks for your input. I really didn't want to open a can of works on a gun model forum, but I'd like to respond. Hopefully, then we can agree to disagree and go back to discussing the PM9.

I too am licensed, and it is a question of who knows I'm carrying a gun (at least to me). There are many ambiguities in state laws that are argued (discussed) on every CC forum I have been to, or belong to. Hopefully, as time goes on, these gray areas are better explained in legislative reforms, but too often they remain vague. So your phrase, "and are not in a place where guns aren't allowed," can be quite important. Too often, that is exactly what these debates are about (on a state by state basis, depending on YOUR state laws).

A CCW holder in my state has the obligation to KNOW where you can carry and where you can't. I'm confident your state law is the same. Even if you are carrying in a place that is perfectly legal, there are those zealous DAs, etc. that would love to test the law, or believe their interpretation of the law, is correct, and you will take the ride, pay for the lawyer, fight to get your license and weapon back, while all the time you were in the right. Just because "someone" thought you had a gun in your pocket. I choose not to be the "test case." I prefer my weapon to be concealed at all times.

If you would like me to point you to some forum threads that have some ugly consequences of "printing" just PM me.

jocko
02-19-2010, 04:20 PM
then dress to waist band carry, that is about your only option IMO. One can always cite cases, but there are millions carrying concealed, be it pocket or waist band. percentages are way in ur favor of never being discovered. If in doubt best not to carry then.. No can or works here my friend, you brought it up. we gave u our opinions. each individual has to decide how to carry and the responsibilities that goes with it to.

I can only relate my 48 years of pocket carrying with zero questions ever asked. Must have been lucky ...