View Full Version : .45 GAP Boberg in the works

TheTman
04-29-2012, 01:04 PM
I was just looking at the Boberg forum, and saw that Arne has started design work on a .45 GAP version of the XR9S pistol. He's just getting started so will be at least a couple of years before we see one. He chose the GAP over the ACP due to the shorter overal cartridge length. I doubt if I'll be able to afford that one, so hoping to see the CM45 come out soon.

jeepster09
04-29-2012, 01:29 PM
I wanted a Para Ordnance gap, only to find they quit making them due to lack of demand.

TheTman
04-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I think Sprinfield still sells the XD in GAP, but I don't think they are making any new ones in that caliber. Glock is the only other manufacturer that makes guns for the GAP's. The GAP didn't catch on as widely as Glock had hoped. The shorter case requires certain powders be used in order to try and match the ballistics of the ACP, and I guess it requires different reloading dies (not sure on that one). I'd rather see the Boberg come out in ACP, but I guess the GAP is a better fit for the small frame.
If some agencies hadn't adopted the GAP, I doubt if Glock would still be producing guns in that caliber. Just a guess.

josp
05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
What he said. I'm issued one (G37), and I like it, but carry a P45 instead. If I could find a single stack compact pistol in 45GAP, I'd carry that. Seen enough real world to know that it works.