PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Appendix Carry holster?

OnTarget31
05-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Hello all, looking for anyone that appendix carries and their suggestions on holsters for my CM9 :D. Not looking for any ones rant on why would you shouldn't appendix carry, my choice of carry sorry. Really interested in the PJ Holsters appendix carry if anyone has used it. Thanks in advance!

Bawanna
05-01-2012, 09:30 PM
You'll find many PJholster users here. Past most of their bed times now but they'll be along, count on it.

jg rider
05-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Hello all, looking for anyone that appendix carries and their suggestions on holsters for my CM9 :D. Not looking for any ones rant on why would you shouldn't appendix carry, my choice of carry sorry. Really interested in the PJ Holsters appendix carry if anyone has used it. Thanks in advance!

We really like and been using the Don Hume JIT for years. We feel it's very versatile. Here's something I posted in another thread:

"What I do is carry a K9, PM9, in very reasonably priced Don Hume JIT holsters. I also carry a 1911 commander in a JIT holster. . I weave my belt through all the belt loops except the one at my hip area. I also try to wear a nylon belt. This allows me to easily slide the holster any anywhere from behind the hip to the appendix.

In a car I slide it to in front of my hip bone so it's not digging into the seat or my waist. When bending I casually use the back of my hand to slide it to the appendix position, no one ever notices the movement. The nylon belt makes for an easy slide.

When wearing a vest or jacket, I usually carry at or just behind the hip bone and use a knife edge swipe to get at the gun.

When wearing a loose fitting shirt outside my pants I still usually carry in the same position but if get a tingly sensation, I'll casually slide the holster to the appendix position so that I can easily lift my shirt and draw.

When wearing a size larger T shirt I carry in front of the hip bone.

The wife uses her as a cross draw, again the hip belt loop is not used. She can slid the holster from behind the weak side hip to appendix with very little effort."

IMHO, a nylon belt is the main componant for concealed carry.
Another thing is, I and many others feel this Bruce Nelson design is the best for concealed carry.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/jgriders/Odds%20and%20ends/JITholsters003.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/jgriders/Odds%20and%20ends/JITholsters004.jpgwith it

Markis82
05-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Hello all, looking for anyone that appendix carries and their suggestions on holsters for my CM9 :D. Not looking for any ones rant on why would you shouldn't appendix carry, my choice of carry sorry. Really interested in the PJ Holsters appendix carry if anyone has used it. Thanks in advance!I appendix carry my CM9 in a PJ, daily. I have had other holsters including the Garret Silent Thunder. In my opinion the PJ is the best holster I've ever used. I ordered mine straight (no cant), low ride where just the grip is exposed past my waistband, and the over the belt clip no wider than 1". It came out exactly how I asked and is perfect. Paul is every helpful and accommodating and can help you make any decisions. I hope this helped you.

muggsy
05-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Me too, also. PJ makes an outstanding AIWB for any Kahr pistol. Mine has zero cant and an over the belt loop. It's the best CC holster I've ever owned. Appendix carry is well accepted by many fine shooters. Me, for instance. :)

JFootin
05-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm liking AIWB carry for my J-frame and my TCP 380, both of which ride close to my body and don't print much under an untucked shirt. But my CM9 is bulkier by comparison and prints badly in that location, so I will continue to carry it behind my hip in my PJ Kydex IWB or my James Dean leather IWB.

yqtszhj
05-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I use a basic Don Hume IWB holster for the CM9 carried at 2 o'clock. I like it.

OnTarget31
05-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Guys I appreciate it! I guess I was just wanting a little more assurance on the PJ before I pulled the trigger and you gave me that. That is what I think I am going with. :D

pitandkahr
05-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I use a basic Don Hume IWB holster for the CM9 carried at 2 o'clock. I like it.

I can do the same with my THC holster and Infidel.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

jg rider
05-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Oops! :blushing:
I didn't see the PJ Holsters preference. I'll keep my big key board shut for now. And my eyes open

muggsy
05-02-2012, 07:57 PM
That's ok, JG. We're always open to other suggestions. Your rigs look very nice.

OnTarget31
05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
For sure jg, looking for all info! Thanks for your input and good looking rigs!

JLeephoto
05-13-2012, 09:07 AM
I have a number of PJ holsters.. Simple and effective for iwb carry. I carry a glock 26 aiwb in one of his straight drops frequently. But, my favorite aiwb is the ccc shaggy because it has a wedge that forces the grip into the body. Unfortunately they are backorder for over 6 months. Pjs are a great option and the best customer service on the planet.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

nyc71
08-10-2012, 01:34 AM
I don't see the option for AIWB (PJ Holster) with a CTC. Does any here have that option? If you can post a pic it would be very helpful.
Thank you

JFootin
08-10-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm liking AIWB carry for my J-frame and my TCP 380, both of which ride close to my body and don't print much under an untucked shirt. But my CM9 is bulkier by comparison and prints badly in that location, so I will continue to carry it behind my hip in my PJ Kydex IWB or my James Dean leather IWB.

Just thought I'd add to the conversation. I am now carrying my J-frame AIWB in a pocket holster. No kidding! I am using the Stays-Put Ultra (http://www.concealmentspecialties.com/products.html) - just $14.95 shipped to you. As the name suggests, it stays put in my pocket better than any pocket holster I ever tried (and I have tried a lot). It is pretty thin, yet it disguises the shape of the gun well. But much to my delight, I have found that it will stay put all day long without having to fiddle with or adjust it AIWB behind a good 1 1/2" belt, with the belt at it's normal notch. I sit it in there pretty low with a backward cant, which keeps it away from my leg when I sit down and facilitates the draw. The cant also makes the grip lay down horizontally right next to my waistline. I have a cell phone case with 2 belt loops (I removed the metal clip) that I mount just behind the grip so that the cell phone is the only thing that prints under a loose shirt. I love that it is as easy to draw sitting down as it is standing, and I can do it without my elbow jutting out like when I draw from behind the hip. And this thing is 100% comfortable all day long! The holster is well made and, I think, durable. It is made of microfiber with the typical smooth nylon inner lining. It breaths and does good keeping moisture away from the gun. You just can't beat it! :)

APSKahr
08-10-2012, 08:31 AM
JFootin,

A couple of questions about that holster if you don't mind. You said it's comfortable, do you wear it next to your skin or with an undershirt? Also, can you reliably get a full grip on the gun without pinching holster material between your second finger and the trigger guard. Some one size fits all holster, there's extra material there and when you go for a firing grip the material is pinched between second finger and trigger guard and the holster doesn't separate.
thanks ,adam

wagon
08-10-2012, 08:02 PM

Mitch Rosen Clipper (aka CLP).. and you may not know... the steel clip they use does NOT require a belt, it has a reverse hook that grap on the pants. I know coz I sometimes do carry it and ABSOLUTELY no issue. I have 4 of them for different carry pieces and I am loving it

Left to right: Alessi Watch-6 (G19); MithRosen CLP (G26); Alessi Talon+ (CW9); Mitch Rosen CLP (CM9)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hwxx2u5faZs/T4CkkbthN-I/AAAAAAAAAyA/tZjWf2k_EHU/s640/ride%2520heights.JPG

pm9fan
08-14-2012, 05:44 PM
I would suggest Dale Fricke for a ZACK holster. This is simply a kydex cover for the trigger with a nylon lanyard to hold the Zack as yo remove the weapon.

Sounds crazy but I have found most covert law enforcement use a similar holster.

I have one for my H&K USP 40 and Kahr PM 9/40 and use them daily. I find the ZACK or MIC (Google Search) holster work very well. You have the option to appedix carry, 3-5 o'clock carry, opposite carry if driving, ... you choose. Search the forum and I have posted pics of my ZACK holster. It's the best since you will use it and carry your gun everyday.

The best gun is the one you have on you when you need it! Defend your loved ones and your rights under the Constitution.

End of rant.

JFootin
08-14-2012, 06:39 PM
JFootin,

A couple of questions about that holster if you don't mind. You said it's comfortable, do you wear it next to your skin or with an undershirt?

I use a T-shirt or vest with it.

Also, can you reliably get a full grip on the gun without pinching holster material between your second finger and the trigger guard.

The grip of my J frame completely clears the holster. And, remember, this is a pocket holster with smooth nylon lining, so retention is very light. The gun comes out very easily, when I want it to. We are not talking quick draw McGraw, here. We're talking concealed carry. I carry the gun very low, so I grab the grip and start the gun out as I wrap my hand fully around the grip. Plenty quick.

Some one size fits all holster, there's extra material there and when you go for a firing grip the material is pinched between second finger and trigger guard and the holster doesn't separate.

thanks ,adam

If you look at the web page (http://www.concealmentspecialties.com/products.html), they don't do one size fits all.