PDA

View Full Version : CM9 with a part missing

Dreamliner787
05-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Just got back from the range frustrated at my CM9. While cleaning I noticed a missing part that is no longer on the slide. It's the part on the left side of the slide right by the opening where the casing would eject from. I'll try to post an pic but not sure if it'll work. I believe it's the ejector that's fallen off. Is this the ejector that's missing or another part? Is this something can repair myself or should go back to Kahr? Thanks.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77963466@N03/7143921673/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77963466@N03/7143921617/in/photostream/

emopunker2004
05-04-2012, 10:54 PM
it's the extractor

PYROhafe
05-04-2012, 11:08 PM
how did u manage to lose the extractor? thats a first that ive seen..... def. get in touch with kahr on that one

Bawanna
05-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Send that picture to Kahr service dept. Hard to tell how much if the extractor chain is missing behind the extractor itself. Theres a spring and a rod, I'm trying to remember might be two rods.

Theres a thread in the tech section on how to break it all down.

Option two would be to call or email them and send them the slide and have them install the whole deal, they may want the whole gun in which case they will most likely send a pick up ticket.

Keep us posted, lots of help here.

Never seen a extractor leave like that, surely don't happen often.

ParabellumJ
05-04-2012, 11:31 PM
There is a rear pin, followed by the extractor spring, followed by a front pin, followed by the extractor. Looks like the front pin is missing as well. I would send it in for sure.

jocko
05-05-2012, 03:28 AM
IMO just send them the slide, regular mail. much faster and IMO no need to send the gun, u know it workis OK so they shouldnot need it. U can mail it urselffor about $5 andsavealot of time.

Call kahr and ask for Jay.

bonjorno2
05-05-2012, 08:36 AM
never seen that one before

Dreamliner787
05-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I've taken this pistol to the range several times and always had FTE but I thought it was the break in period. Not sure what happen but it may have explained why I've been having problems with FTE even before the part was gone. Thanks for the sugestion of calling Karh and will do.

PYROhafe
05-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Any follow up on this? Just curious what CS has to say about this one lol

jocko
05-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I've taken this pistol to the range several times and always had FTE but I thought it was the break in period. Not sure what happen but it may have explained why I've been having problems with FTE even before the part was gone. Thanks for the sugestion of calling Karh and will do.

if any one of those parts in the extractor channel ismissing, u can and should bget functioning issues. I am surprised it didn't act up all the time.

Dreamliner787
05-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Received RMA from Kahr so it's going to them for a fix. They aren't paying for the shipping only for the return.

Tinman507
05-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Uh...Dreamliner....

Call em back and insist on a FEDEX Tag.
They'll pay for it, just be a little pushy but polite.

wagon
05-07-2012, 08:04 AM
. They aren't paying for the shipping only for the return.

You're kidding? this is unbelievable,...... did you buy it brand new?

Dreamliner787
05-07-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm not having luck getting them to cover the shipping. Basically their standard line is "Our warranty covers the cost of repair and we also pay for return. Shipping to the factory is not covered." It does really make me think more on future purchases of Kahr products vs. other companies.

jocko
05-07-2012, 01:40 PM
are u shipping the entire gun back to them???orjust the slide. IMO all that is needed to go backis the slide.

If it was me, I would take the slide to the post officer and mail it to them for around $5 and let them ship it back to you when fixed. I feel they should pick up the slide on their dime to, IF the gun is new also, I do think u could recall and nsist on this and it would get done but for me for $5, send it in get it back in a few dasy and put it behind u. What u do after that about buying another kahr is ur decision, but I wouldnot pay 30-45$ to send back the entire gun when it isw not needed..Just sayin.

Bawanna
05-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Dreamliner did mention that he's had issues from the start that may or may not have been the fault of the fly away extractor. It might be a good thing since he's out of the gun for awhile to let them look the whole thing over.

jocko
05-07-2012, 02:30 PM
if its new they should pay to takeit back then IMO: Just sayin.

Dreamliner787
05-08-2012, 06:59 AM
I've had this pistol for about 6 months so it's not new but it's not used or abused either. From my past experience with other manufactures (example: Sig and Ruger), when there is a warranty issue they would cover the shipping, but with Kahr I guess this is not the case and their sticking to the fine print in their warranty. What it tells me is that either the CM9 is at a price point where they cannot fully provide this type of service level or it's just their modus operandi. Well I give up on trying to getting them to pay for shipping, it only pisses me off more and not sure what else to do; I just want the gun fixed. What it does say is it is something to be expected from Kahr customer service level and when comparing then against other manufactures, it's another data point to consider.

JFootin
05-08-2012, 07:52 AM
A bad mark for Kahr, IMO.

Dreamliner787
05-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Someone must have had a change of mind at Kahr. To my surprise, I had received a communication that they would send me the shipping label for the return at no cost now. Thanks Kahr for stepping up and doing the right thing. The package is at Fed Ex and in route to Kahr for the fix. Keeping my fingers cross that the rest of the process will go smoothly. Stay tuned.

Tinman507
05-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Glad it's working out for you.
THAT's the Kahr most of us know.

Bawanna
05-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Good news. I sent you a PM.

jocko
05-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Someone must have had a change of mind at Kahr. To my surprise, I had received a communication that they would send me the shipping label for the return at no cost now. Thanks Kahr for stepping up and doing the right thing. The package is at Fed Ex and in route to Kahr for the fix. Keeping my fingers cross that the rest of the process will go smoothly. Stay tuned.

more than likely the phone was answered by the nite watchman, who was afraid to go home for he had just caught his ol lady with 6 guys and 3 dogs, and he just had a bad day. I hope u can understand that his mind was not on ur missing part. jUST SAYIN:banplease::banplease:

JFootin
05-08-2012, 03:39 PM
That's cool! Now, that's the Kahr I know!