PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Acquires Heritage Manufacturing

gb6491
05-21-2012, 05:41 AM
I don't own a single Heritage firearm and it's not a knock on Taurus products, but for some reason I feel sad that this has happened:
http://www.taurususa.com/news-detail.cfm?newsID=41
Regards,
Greg

MW surveyor
05-21-2012, 08:02 AM
"Featuring the acclaimed Rough Rider 22LR and 22 Magnum combo revolver"

That this gun was "acclaimed" :D

ptoemmes
05-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Geographically they are both in Southeast Florida - actually within Miami-Dade County county and not all that far away from each other. As to business sense and the impact on either...I dunno.

flieger67
05-21-2012, 10:03 AM
"Featuring the acclaimed Rough Rider 22LR and 22 Magnum combo revolver"

That this gun was "acclaimed" :D

There sure are a lot of scathing reviews of that revolver. Maybe Taurus can improve that one.

A Colt SAA clone in .22LR/.22 Mag at that price point would be a tempting buy but only if it is of good quality.

MW surveyor
05-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I actually looked at one of those guns and wound up getting the Ruger Single Six. Way better quality from the Ruger.

Ok, true story......

Guy at the gun range had one of the Rough Riders but only brought the mag cylinder with him. He was doing OK with it but I could tell that he was having a hard time getting his shots on paper (grouping). I just happened to have my Single Six with me that day and let him shoot mine with the 22 lr cylinder. He actually was able to get a one inch group using my Single Six and he was totally amazed at the difference between the guns. Told him next time to bring both cylinders for his Rough Rider and to practice more with the 22 lr as the rounds were a whole lot cheaper.

Mudcat
05-21-2012, 11:21 AM
My wife had a Heritage Rough Rider .22. It shot ok nothing to brag or complain about but it got out of time after a couple bulk packs. She took it back to the shop where we bought it. They said is was not the first they seen have that problem and was going to send it back. We bought a Ruger Single Six, it has been perfect for many thousands of rounds. I guess you get what you pay for, seems to come to mind.
With that said I have had a couple guns by Taurus and was not that impressed with them either.

TucsonMTB
05-21-2012, 11:41 AM
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/images/ssi/87976.jpg
Their "bird's head" grip version looks neat!

les strat
05-21-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/images/ssi/87976.jpg

Their "bird's head" grip version looks neat!

Good looking wheelie. The hammer looks enormous!

Bawanna
05-21-2012, 12:48 PM
I have an Uberti Birds head in 45 Colt. Great single action revolver. I really like Birdshead handles.

I had a Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in 45 too but my son gunknapped it.
The Uberti is a little lighter and faster handling. Can't beat the Ruger though, good quality and safer with the transfer bar when you hanging wanted posters and such.

jocko
05-21-2012, 12:52 PM
My two cents: I suspect Heritage was strugglingto keep up financialy. Certanly the gun cannot be a great seller at all. I have yet to ever see one and with no real depth in thier line, probalby something that Taurus could pick up for a prayer. I can't see it doing anytinbg for Taurus botrtom line.

to me about like Polaris buying the Indian motorcycle name and whats left of it defunt company for millions, when they are still IMO struggling to make thier own line of Vicotry cycles a profitable thing.. Just sayin