PDA

View Full Version : PJ Holster for CM9

beachbum63
05-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Anyone use a PJ IWB holster for their CM9. This will be my first holster so I need a some advice. I've read up on them and pretty sure I will be getting one. Just need to know about the cant. I'm thinking about getting a 15 degree forward cant...thoughts on this? I know most will have a different view on this, but I need general information to help make a decision. I will be new to carrying so really have no way of knowing exactly what I should get. Also, I think I will go with the over-the-belt clip on loop. I will be carrying with an untucked shirt 99% of the time. I read a few reviews where some people didn't like the behind the belt j-loop because it seemed like too much weight on their pants. Not sure if this is really an issue since the CM9 is so light. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ilmbaba
05-21-2012, 07:23 PM
emopunker2004 bought one. he shows it in a recent thread about his CM9.

molar
05-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Best IWB holster made. I prefer FBI cant and clip on loop.

bonjorno2
05-21-2012, 07:46 PM
i have one exactly as you are describing... go fbi cant clip on over the belt and you will be fine! I have zero issues drawing, reholstering, and it is super comfortable!

rcarroll46
05-21-2012, 07:46 PM
I have the PJ IWB with forward cant and J hook for my PM45. I love it and can carry very easily and well concealed with just a plain t-shirt. The forward cant is more concealable than without it, and the J hook is basically invisible in the event the shirt rides up a bit. With the over the belt loop, the loop is very visible if the shirt rides up.

beachbum63
05-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Thank you all for the quick responses. I'm definitely getting one...I'll order tomorrow.

bonjorno2
05-21-2012, 08:33 PM
why wait send him a email tonight!

Polygon
05-21-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm convinced to give one of these a try. They just look like they would be more comfortable and with the tucakable model, much easier to conceal. I'm sure not happy with my DeSantis Nemesis.

Tinman507
05-22-2012, 03:54 AM
Definitely go with the tuckable. I screwed up with my first and didn't get tuckable. Ordered another with tuckable. I will use both so it's not a bad thing.

Either way you don't know it's there, even with a heavy gun like a K9.

gm412
05-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Waiting on mine. Ordered last week. Got email he s 7-14 days behind.

340pd
05-22-2012, 08:18 AM
I have the PJ non tuckable and a Silent Thunder when I need to tuck.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/gnystrom_photos/BallerinavsQuarterback.jpg

JFootin
05-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Paul, are you keeping up with all of these orders?! :) A few of us, your fans, planted some seeds here and now it looks like a bumper crop has come in! :D

Tinman507
05-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Methinks Paul has one of those good problems. Lotta orders and more coming. He's still keeping up with communications and lets you know what's happening with your order, etc. Turnaround time is still better than anyone. Product quality is still excellent.

Mudcat
05-22-2012, 11:53 AM
I ordered one for my CM9 straight cant closed loop for AIWB yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive.

beachbum63
05-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks for all the input/advice & pictures. I took the plunge. Ordered the standard PJ Holster with FBI cant today. I'll post feedback after trying it out.

wlfman40
05-23-2012, 11:29 PM
I am so impatient, I ordered mine last Friday, I can't wait another week :( After all I want to carry my beautiful CM9 to be carried as it was intended.

beachbum63
05-24-2012, 05:09 AM
I know what you mean Wlfman40. I can't wait either. Can't wait to have my baby (CM9) by my side ALL the time.

muggsy
05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Waiting on mine. Ordered last week. Got email he s 7-14 days behind.

Paul will get your PJ Holster to you in short order. Alabama Holster runs 8-9 weeks behind.

LordJ
05-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Ordered mine this past Sunday. I ordered knowing it woud take a couple weeks. I'm patiently waiting, though I wouldn't be mad if it came early ;)

KahrAdmirer
05-24-2012, 09:10 PM
So, it seems the consensus is to buy the PJ tuckable holster with the FBI cant and J hook for best results?

emopunker2004
05-24-2012, 09:23 PM
So, it seems the consensus is to buy the PJ tuckable holster with the FBI cant and J hook for best results?

Depends on if you tuck your shirt alot or not. I RARELY tuck so I ordered the regular clip with FBI cant

Dustypuddle
05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Maybe I should of looked at that one. But im very happy with my crossbreed mini tuck. You can adjust the cant and rize of the holster. The one I have on now is for my cm9 had it about 2 weeks.Today and every day I put it on at 5am and still have it on and it's now 8:30 pm. I Just love it.

LordJ
05-25-2012, 04:43 AM
I ordered mine with 25 deg cant, I wear mine a little further back (7:00-7:30), with my body shape FBI cant makes the end of the grip stick out a little.

Markis82
05-25-2012, 04:48 AM
So, it seems the consensus is to buy the PJ tuckable holster with the FBI cant and J hook for best results?I think most get non-tuckable and the clip over the belt, not the j hook.

Tinman507
05-25-2012, 04:55 AM
The non tuckable is definitely thinner, but if you ever tuck, you gotta have the tuckable. The over the belt clip makes this thing totally easy to slip in and go.

I have both and honestly you cannot tell the difference between them when wearing.

LordJ
05-25-2012, 05:28 AM
I went with the over the belt clip. I dont care for j hooks, I'd get a c clip before one of those.

JFootin
05-25-2012, 08:25 AM
I went with the over the belt clip. I dont care for j hooks, I'd get a c clip before one of those.

IMO, the C clip has a wide, flat portion at the top that is very apparent. I like the over the belt clip. Or the tuckable Velcro for deep and total concealment.

RDW
05-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Received my PJ Holster (IWB Tuckable c-clip). Everything else is going in the holster drawer, and will likely be ordering another variant from Paul soon.

Amazing that a sheet of kydex can be so comfortable....

---
RDW

JFootin
05-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, some good pics and reasonable prices in a thread in the Non Firearms For Sale section will empty that drawer and put some money in your pocket. :)

beachbum63
05-26-2012, 03:40 PM
RDW - How long did it take from the time you ordered till the time you got it?

RDW
05-26-2012, 08:16 PM
RDW - How long did it take from the time you ordered till the time you got it?

BB63 - Ordered 11 May, shipped 21 May. USPS got it to me 24 May.

Worth the wait!

---
RDW

paperpuncher
05-26-2012, 09:12 PM
I think you guys are all drinking the koolaid on this one. It's a Kydex holster, okay, seems like a dime a dozen product to me with countless makers doing the same thing.:):)

Markis82
05-26-2012, 09:17 PM
I think you guys are all drinking the koolaid on this one. It's a Kydex holster, okay, seems like a dime a dozen product to me with countless makers doing the same thing.:):)Maybe so. However, one of those has to be the best and this is it. I have use a lot of holsters in my time and this one takes the cake.

hardluk1
05-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Guys if still on the wall for a holster give Comp-Tacs line a look. More than a couple designs that work well. I picked the MTAC neutral and have been more than pleased with it. Son-in-law has a there infidel with moles skin on it. They do offere more options for how you hook it on your paints. Anyhow ,read up. might fill the need for someone. Mine is for the CW/P but is only a 3/16ths long for the CM/PM series. And if I was to change handguns types or brands I can just change the plastic part only. Also adjustable for tension.
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l444/hardluk1/th_107_4089.jpg (http://s331.photobucket.com/albums/l444/hardluk1/?action=view&current=107_4089.jpg)

JFootin
05-27-2012, 09:00 AM
I think you guys are all drinking the koolaid on this one. It's a Kydex holster, okay, seems like a dime a dozen product to me with countless makers doing the same thing.:):)

How many more of us experienced gun owners have to tell you these holsters are better than any of the dozens of holsters we have (or still) owned before you'll believe it? Are we all just a bunch of DA hicks in your superior (in your mind) opinion?

Every other kydex holster is thicker, stiffer, with corners and edges that dig uncomfortably into spare tires and stuff. There is just no comparison.

Besides all that, Paul honors a satisfaction guarantee, though I haven't heard of anyone asking for a refund from him on this forum.

Tinman507
05-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Relax and take a sip

http://daisyfae.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/hey-kool-aid.jpg

beachbum63
05-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Papermuncher - So give me some info on what you have...prices, companies, and reviews for Kydex holsters. I'd be willing to give them a go when I order one for my Glock if they get the reviews PJ Holsters gets and the prices are compatible. I'm always looking for a good product with great prices, especially when the product has been tried and tested by many.

wlfman40
05-27-2012, 07:37 PM
I ordered the standard with belt clip at 15 degree cant. RDW, i ordered mine on the 18th, which with ur timeline puts mine in my hands thurs the 31st. I have always gone cheapo on holsters and in the end have ended up with many, so i hope everyone's reviews here havent led me wrong, most i ever spent on one holster but figured it would be the one and only for this gem

Tinman507
05-27-2012, 07:38 PM
I think it's time to remember that a hallmark of this forum is respect. Many differing opinions discussed civilly are what makes this forum a great place. Name calling and personal attacks are not welcome or allowed. Let's keep it friendly, please.

Markis82
05-27-2012, 07:40 PM
I stay local since this has turned into a backyard hobby for so many with half a brain. Someone of your stature wouldn't be interested biatchbum."Simmer down, Francis" ~ Sargent Hulka

molar
05-27-2012, 07:43 PM
I ordered the standard with belt clip at 15 degree cant. RDW, i ordered mine on the 18th, which with ur timeline puts mine in my hands thurs the 31st. I have always gone cheapo on holsters and in the end have ended up with many, so i hope everyone's reviews here havent led me wrong, most i ever spent on one holster but figured it would be the one and only for this gem

You want regret it. I've got some $100 plus holsters that are not as comfortable or concealable as the PJ.

RDW
05-27-2012, 09:43 PM

I've got a DeSantis 106, High Noon Hidden Ally, and Remora (for sale).

Each has its pros/cons, but the PJ is best for my requirements. I avoided the Kydex route for awhile, as I felt it would be uncomfortable. I've been pleasantly surprised by the PJ. Even with shorts/t-shirt on hot STX day, I forget it's there.

I'm not a kool-aid fan, and don't recommend anything without trying it. Google clued me in to PJ and KahrTalk validated. Based on my experience, I think you'll be pleased.

---
RDW

wlfman40
05-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Just got the email, mine is en route.... I can't wait, I think as an adult I am more impatient than when I was a child. :)

itsthelaw
05-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Just got mine in the mail. First impression is that it is very nice. There are no sharp edges, it fits the gun nicely, and the kydex is a good thickness. Now I have to strap it on and will update my opinion!

wlfman40
06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Love it! Love it! Love it! Thin, light weight, and fits both me and the gun like a glove. Anybody on the fence should go with PJ, very nicely done, exactly how I wanted!

Infidel proud
06-04-2012, 07:56 PM
With all of these positive reviews I think I might have to give a PJ holster a go. Just ordered a crimson trace for my CM9 so in the market for a new rig anyway...Been using the crossbreed for the last 6 months or so and I really like it...

Anybody know bout how long his turn around time is?

LordJ
06-04-2012, 08:32 PM
With all of these positive reviews I think I might have to give a PJ holster a go. Just ordered a crimson trace for my CM9 so in the market for a new rig anyway...Been using the crossbreed for the last 6 months or so and I really like it...

Anybody know bout how long his turn around time is?

I ordered May 20th, it shipped today. He must be getting busy. I'm a patient man though, and a few weeks isn't bad for a custom made, quaity holster at a very reasonable price IMO.

wlfman40
06-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I ordered mine May 18th, and it was delivered June 2nd, so 2weeks exactly. Paul was super quick to respond to inquiries and receptive to customizations. The cant and ride height are perfect and it just disappears under my shirt. Cant comment on the crossbreed, but i think u will love the pj holster.

Infidel proud
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys, 2 weeks isn't bad at all. Been looking at a few places that have 3 month wait time...I am a patient guy too bu come on...

aKahrt_and_p2KT
06-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Clip on loop is great and sturdy. I had no cant (or not much) to start with and ended up sending it back to have it changed because I was constantly canting it forward, which made the clip be at an angle if that makes sense. If you take the unloaded pistol and position it where you think you want it that should tell if you want cant or not. The pj doesn't add much to thickness.

LordJ
06-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Got it today. Perfect fit, cant is just like I wanted (25 degree). All I had to do was loosen the retention just a bit. Already wore it to the grocery store. Looks like I finally have the perfect holster for my CM9.

david8613
06-06-2012, 06:53 PM
im looking at getting one these, but can some explain the benefits of having cant? im new to holsters...

Infidel proud
06-06-2012, 07:47 PM
the holster cant turns the top of the holster (usually forward) and the bottom of it rearward a certain number of degrees. This makes the butt of the gun rise a bit for better concealment. prob not a rule of thumb but seems like the thinner a fellow is the more cant they prefer. im bout 6ft 190 and I like my strong side rigs to have around 20 degree cant, also seems more comfortable also...

JFootin
06-06-2012, 10:01 PM
^What he said. Also, the cant makes it easier to draw the gun from behind your hip.

beachbum63
06-21-2012, 07:18 PM
I received my PJ holster a few weeks ago and love it. This is the first time I have ever carried so I really have nothing else to compare it to, but it was very comfortable and the price was right. I got the FBI cant with the j-hook, non-tuckable since I rarely tuck my shirts in. Paul was a pleasure to do business with and responded to a couple of my questions very quickly. I received it 17 days from the date I ordered it. I appreciate all of the great advice from the forum members.

streakpi
06-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Ordered mine in April...wore it for the first time today. I got a tuckable j hook clip IWB. Don't like it. I don't usually wear tucked and the Jhook just isn't my thing. Contacted Paul for help via email at 8:58pm tonight...got an answer at 9:13pm to "send it back and I will fix it." THAT is why I will order another holster from him for my G36 tonight.

I've never owned a JHook before - now I know why. Didn't like the weight on my shorts when I have this nice $100 gun belt wasting space around my hip!! I got the clip over belt one for my CM9 and now G36...should work much better.

Thanks for the thread guys - appreciate the help!

JFootin
06-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Ordered mine in April...wore it for the first time today. I got a tuckable j hook clip IWB. Don't like it. I don't usually wear tucked and the Jhook just isn't my thing. Contacted Paul for help via email at 8:58pm tonight...got an answer at 9:13pm to "send it back and I will fix it." THAT is why I will order another holster from him for my G36 tonight.

I've never owned a JHook before - now I know why. Didn't like the weight on my shorts when I have this nice $100 gun belt wasting space around my hip!! I got the clip over belt one for my CM9 and now G36...should work much better.

Thanks for the thread guys - appreciate the help!

That over the belt clip will work well for you, putting all of the weight on the belt. The first PJ holster I bought was a tuckable J-hook. I didn't like it, either, because it made my pants sag behind the belt and the gun and holster rode too deep. I modified it myself, cutting the hook portion off and installing Velcro on the remaining flat panel and on my belt. (Paul would have done it, but I didn't know yet what a great guy he is! :)) I really like the Velcro attachment because there is nothing at all showing. Also, you can make small adjustments of the cant and ride height.

gm412
06-22-2012, 10:20 AM
That over the bewlt clip will work well for you, putting all of the weight on the belt. The first PJ holster I bought was a tuckable J-hook. I didn't like it, either, because it made my pants sag behind the belt and the gun and holster rode too deep. I modified it myself, cutting the hook portion off and installing Velcro on the remaining flat panel and on my belt. (Paul would have done it, but I didn't know yet what a great guy he is! :)) I really like the Velcro attachment because there is nothing at all showing. Also, you can make small adjustments of the cant and ride height.

I bought the tuckable for my PM9. Love it but it rides too deep for me too. It makes it hard to get my wallet out as the gun rides an inch above it. Think I should have gone with over the belt too. Gone back to my Thesis holster.

The bad thing is my whole life I have tucked in my shirt and feel like I am not dressed properly with shirt hanging out. Might have something to do with my mom always saying "Tuck in your shirt before you leave the house". It burned into my brain.Thinking about ankle holster. Many times I cannot wear untucked shirts during the day anyway. I found using the tuckable holster does not work at all for me. With my 380 I can pocket carry but does not work for me with a PM9.

Allen
06-23-2012, 07:56 PM
My first Kahr (CM9) and looking for my first concealable holster. Probably hard to do on the Forum, but can someone give me any hint as to how I can tell how much cant I would want? I hear about the FBI cant, and anywheres from 15 degrees to 25 degrees. Once I have the gun in my pants and tilted the way that's comfortable how do I tell how many degrees it might be? Kind of a stupid question I know, didn't know how else to find how much cant I'd want.
Appreciate any help, but maybe there's really no way to tell without actually trying one on.