View Full Version : Building A Custom 1911

Markis82
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Has anyone built one of these... Click on 1911 kits, on the left. (http://www.fusionfirearms.com/) I'm thinking about it. Ordering a kit with them installing the plunger tube, taking my time and ordering all the parts that I want part by part, over time. Then fitting it all carefully and patiently. Then when everything is together, test firing. After it works and all the bugs worked out, selecting a finish. Breaking it back down and sending it out to be finished. Then the final build up and testing. I figure a year of patient and careful work and I'll have a complete custom 1911 that I built myself starting with a few most important parts already perfectly fitted. What do you all think?

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff483/Markis82/photo-22.jpg

CJB
05-22-2012, 06:32 PM
I think you'd be better served (and lower priced) with some Caspian components. I've got four of their receivers and they were all PERFECT in every way.

I'm thinking... you could do frame, slide and get a nice BarSto barrel, all in stainless, for less than the price of that "kit".

If you CALL CASPIAN, and have your FFL's information pre-forwarded to them, they'll give you some very special pricing. I wont say what it is, but only mention that its laughably lower than the prices you see for their stuff on the web.

Be prepared for a wait of six weeks for Caspian orders, and do use their "slide fitting" service, its top notch and a cheap time saver. They also allow custom engraving with your custom serial number, and custom monogram (for a slight fee of course).

I cannot say enough good about their stuff.

Markis82
05-22-2012, 06:38 PM
I think you'd be better served (and lower priced) with some Caspian components. I've got four of their receivers and they were all PERFECT in every way.

I'm thinking... you could do frame, slide and get a nice BarSto barrel, all in stainless, for less than the price of that "kit".

If you CALL CASPIAN, and have your FFL's information pre-forwarded to them, they'll give you some very special pricing. I wont say what it is, but only mention that its laughably lower than the prices you see for their stuff on the web.

Be prepared for a wait of six weeks for Caspian orders, and do use their "slide fitting" service, its top notch and a cheap time saver. They also allow custom engraving with your custom serial number, and custom monogram (for a slight fee of course).

I cannot say enough good about their stuff.Thanks, I will check them out! I've got an itch to build one.