PDA

View Full Version : PM45 possible issue

hsart
02-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Shot around 100 rounds today - have about 900 through it thus far. FMJs are running flawlessly, but JHPs by Win (Ranger 230gr) and Federal (230gr) are failing to feed properly one in 5 shots. Happens with both mags and at various number of shots left in mag. Can't be limp writing as the FMJs are performing fine. I did notice on very careful inspection as I was cleaning the barrel that there is a flat spot in the exact same position as another forum member. I will attach his image and mine (hard to read mine but the bright spot is the flat area). I do not think this is the issue as it is only JHPs that fail to feed. By the way, I now am more accurate with this than my Glock 19 - hard to believe, but this gun is the most accurate I have shot. In addition I had 2 failure to eject and 2 casings to the forehead today. Ya think I should call Kahr and see if they want it sent in?

jocko
02-21-2010, 03:28 PM
PM sent..

Southern Guy
02-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Unless I am mistaken, and I might be, KAHR recommends changing the recoil springs on their PM series at 1,000 round and it sounds like you are right on that number. With that said I'd just call them and talk to them.