PDA

View Full Version : cw9==magazine info requested

edloper
06-15-2012, 08:09 PM
hello,new to forium and kahr pistol (cw9).need to know your recommendation on where to buy extra magazines online,many of the sites do not specify exact model.They just state it will fit all kahr 9mm,am also
confused with the round count of 7 or 8,pistol came with a 7,would the 8 round protrude below the grip?==sorry for long post,i am old and confused,but i love this slim pistol and this forium==thank you

kahrnut1
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
www.ivanhoeoutlet.com (http://www.ivanhoeoutlet.com) usually has best price. the 8 round would stick out about 3/8" welcome to kahrtalk. it seems that most of us on this forum are old and confused to i'm 69

kahrnut1
06-15-2012, 09:30 PM
sorry i just measured it sticks out 1/2" +

LorenzoB
06-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I was confused about this too when I first bought my CW9. I tried to google some photos you could look, but couldn't find any with the current 8 round magazine in the gun. I'll try to take a photo in the morning.... Unless someone beats me to it. ;)

LorenzoB
06-15-2012, 11:25 PM
This might help.
See the 9mm mags on this page...
http://www.kahr.com/kahr-mag-guide.asp#9mmmag
The one that comes with the CW9 is the K820 and it is 7 rounds. The 8 round I have is the one with the grip extension K920G. That photo is the current design of the grip extension. The older style curved down in the back.

wyntrout
06-15-2012, 11:42 PM
My pix... the K9 uses the same mags:

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2944&highlight=9mm+magazines

if you buy more than one, it's hard to beat Ivanhoe... just $5 for the order USPS Priority... pretty quick service.

Wynn:)

downtownv
06-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Look on eBay as I've linked some NYPD mags real cheap, in the past

LorenzoB
06-16-2012, 07:51 AM
I left my 7 round K820 mags at work. Here is my CW9 with the K920G magazine. It is possible that whoever you buy them from may send you the older "curved" style instead of this straight style.

Argh! How the heck did I upload twice and how do I get rid of one of them using Tapatalk?

edloper
06-16-2012, 05:39 PM
These replies have given me the knowledge and courage to place my order with confidence==Thank you very much for your help and i really mean it==great forum==

jocko
06-16-2012, 06:07 PM
hello,new to forium and kahr pistol (cw9).need to know your recommendation on where to buy extra magazines online,many of the sites do not specify exact model.They just state it will fit all kahr 9mm,am also
confused with the round count of 7 or 8,pistol came with a 7,would the 8 round protrude below the grip?==sorry for long post,i am old and confused,but i love this slim pistol and this forium==thank you

cw comes with a flush fit 7 round mag.If u order an 8 roundmag, yes it willprotrude out the bottom like whatis posted on your thread. If it was me,I would stick with the flush fit mags. They seem to do so so much better and one moreround ain't gonna do much for you either, plus IMO they look like sh!t sticking outthe bottom Train the way ur gonna carry to. so for range time stick with the flush fit as more than likely tha tis gonna be ur carry mag. Just my two cents, but any 7 round and 8 round kahr mag will fit your cw.

Naw ur not old, and ur not confused, us asking a legit question. I am old and I am confused and this forum has always been a great help to me. At no time has anyone ever not told me exactly where to go:D:D Just sayin

Paistemage
06-21-2012, 06:40 PM
HEY!!! Thanks guys..I used the search function, of course, and found this thread. Was about to order directly from Kahr. Went to ivanhoe, save 13 bucks on mags. Got two. You guys are great.

nmkahrshooter
06-21-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm with Jocko 8 round mag looks like crap!!! Stick with 7 round.

LorenzoB
06-22-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm with Jocko 8 round mag looks like crap!!! Stick with 7 round.

That is my setup for bedside until I do some maintenance on my 15 round mags on my Beretta. I want as many as possible for home defense. They are not pretty, but don't you like my photo? ;)

P.S. I do like the 7 rounders better.

wyntrout
06-22-2012, 02:00 AM
I CCW with flush mags... metal bases, if I have them, but carry extended grip spares, and at home several Kahrs are stoked with extended grip +1 capacity mags... my PM45 has a 7-round extended grip in it for home defense... positioned at my knee under my computer desk.

I keep just one spare with my XD45, but it holds 13+1!:D

Wynn:)

downtownv
06-22-2012, 06:46 AM
I left my 7 round K820 mags at work. Here is my CW9 with the K920G magazine. It is possible that whoever you buy them from may send you the older "curved" style instead of this straight style.

Argh! How the heck did I upload twice and how do I get rid of one of them using Tapatalk?
What the heck... it's TWICE as nice.....

Diocoles
06-22-2012, 07:15 AM
I have to agree, those that stick out don't look good and hampers the concealability of the weapon.
I'll stick with my 7+1 and an extra mag on my side or in my pocket.