PDA

View Full Version : Info on Particular Bullet

mr surveyor
06-25-2012, 10:22 PM
does anyone have any load data, probably from the late 90's, for a Hornady 275 gr XTPHP in .44 magnum? My search has just about ground to a halt. A feller on another forum found a heck of a deal on about 650 of these things, and it turns out he's only about 30 miles from me ... and offered to share a box or two for his cost. I'm sure I can start at the 300 gr XTP data and work up, or use the start load data, reduced about 10%, for the generic 265 gr JHP, but it would be nice to find actual suggested load data for that mysterious bullet.

surv

tarheelcm9
06-26-2012, 07:28 AM
couldn't find anything for that particular bullet, but it shouldn't be much different than the load data for a generic jacketed 275gr bullet

http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/default.asp?Caliber=44%20Magnum&Weight=275&type=Handgun&Order=Powder&Source=

mr surveyor
06-26-2012, 05:25 PM
not really concerned about load data in particular, mainly wondering about the "history" of that particular bullet. Another guy on the "other forum" suggested that that particular offering from Hornady may have been a special run for a big ammunition supplier that, after testing, decided to NOT use that particular bullet. The bullets in question were offered in bulk in a plain cardboard box with the bullet info and a date stamp in the late 1990's.

If my new found friend is still willing to part with a decent sized batch of them when he gets the shipment, I would like to get at least a couple hundred to tinker with. Knowing my luck I'll hit on the perfect load for them, and find they work magic in my SRH, and my supply will be forever limited to this go round.

surv