PDA

View Full Version : I took the "safe" plunge

Starfire
02-26-2010, 10:21 AM
OK, based on all your comments, ideas and recommendations from my other thread, I once again, to make my better half happy, bought a safe today!

Yup, it is a Steelwater gun safe, 59" high by 30" wide by 26" deep. The model is a SW593026 you can see the specs on their website. Just a plain dial, no electronics except a dehumidifier. Gret warranty as long as it is bolted to the floor (Which you all recommend I do anyway).

So now the drama will start next week when the shipping company calls to deliver it curbside.

I will keep you posted with a story or two as well as pictures once it arrives!

Could of bought a real nice black tricked out .223 with that money, ouch!
Starfire!

Bawanna
02-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Better half made you buy it, seems like helping you make sure it's properly filled up would be the right thing to do. Never worked for me but maybe it'll work for you.:nerd:

wyntrout
02-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Hot Damn! That's a beauty and should hold up against a fire. I hope you get help and have figured out where it's going -- 730 pounds!
"heavy duty high-gloss black finish accentuated with silver pinstripes and chrome finished hardware" Woohoo!:third:
I think that you got enough safe. Now you're going to have to fill it up... remember to keep a few guns out for home defense.
All of my guns are going to be deployed or strategically located, but when we go on a trip, the darn beds get real lumpy.
Good choice and I hope you get it situated like you want.:)
Wynn