PDA

View Full Version : Another range report and I'm a happy camper...

In-Yo-Grill
02-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Just got back from the range and I'm a happy camper.

First the P380...

My main point here was to try some SD ammo and make sure I wasn't going to have any feed problems. I was shooting the Hornady 90gr FTX ammo. Feed like a dream and as you can see from the pics it was very accurate. I did have one failure to feed towards the end of my shooting session. I want to polish the feed ramp just to make it that much more reliable.

Next was the P45...

As you guys have seen my FTE problems are a thing of the past and my only concern was a string of FTF's from light primer strikes. I made sure to clean out the striker channel really well before this session. I shot three different types of SD ammo. Speer Gold Dot 230gr, PMC Starfire 230gr and Winchester Supreme Elite JHP 230gr.

Not a single problem through all the rounds. I also had some cheap ball ammo that I shot after the SD rounds and it all went bang every time I pulled the trigger. I'm very pleased and will have to chalk up the last problems to a dirty striker channel.

The picture below was shot from 7yrds. First 10rnds of the P45 to the left and the first 10rnds of the P380 to the right. This time I really concentrated on grip and trigger control to try and get a good group.

Today was kind of a unique trip to the range because the two Kahrs started to get a lot of attention. One guy was looking for something to replace his Ruger LCP because he hated the trigger. Another guy couldn't believe the size of the P45. At one point in time I had 4-5 people around me discussing the size and accuracy of these guns. If I could work out some sort of price break for all the referrals to Kahr I'd be in great shape...lol

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/My%20Guns/P2260018.jpg

jocko
02-26-2010, 04:19 PM
nce groups to. very nice. and kahrs do seem to draw a crowd..

Vinikahr
02-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Congrats and glad things workout!

In-Yo-Grill
02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I just realized I put this in the wrong area...

I was very pleased with the groups. I had been shooting with gloves and decided to try shooting without them. I had much better sensitivity and was able to keep my shots centered.

I'm going to order the XS Big Dots for the P380 on Monday.

jocko
02-26-2010, 05:17 PM
I just realized I put this in the wrong area...

I was very pleased with the groups. I had been shooting with gloves and decided to try shooting without them. I had much better sensitivity and was able to keep my shots centered.

I'm going to order the XS Big Dots for the P380 on Monday.

ur gonna love those xs big dots on the P380, trust me on that... awesome..