PDA

View Full Version : Getting a MK9

spikedog
07-14-2012, 11:20 AM
I'll pick it io tomorrow in a private sale, $550. I think I got a good deal. That will.bring my Kahr count to three- P9, PM9, and MK 9.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

kerby9mm
07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
You didn't give any details but by the price I assume that the mk9 is used and if in great shape is a good price. When you get the gun hope you can post how it looks and shoots ,round count etc. Maybe even the letters and first two numbers of the serial#. I really like my 2 mk's and I'm sure that you will also. Hope it shoots good for you.

hollander
07-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Congrats. I had one, traded it, wish I had kept it. Great gun.

Redstate
07-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Been looking for a used one. New ones around here are $660.00 without the n/s.

kerby9mm
07-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Been looking for a used one. New ones around here are $660.00 without the n/s.

I wish I lived where you do. When I got mine it was $780.

spikedog
07-15-2012, 02:07 PM
I just gilotbhome with my MK9. It was really needing a cleaning and it looks like its been shot a little. Sn is GC1xxx. Does anyone know the approx.age of this gun. I think I'm the third owner.

jocko
07-15-2012, 02:28 PM
close to March of 02 + or- minus a few months. It shouldbe good togo.

spikedog
07-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I just ordered some of the wood grips from Kahr. I'll get some pics when the grips are on!!

jocko
07-16-2012, 04:04 PM
remember u must keepthe grip screws tight. expecially the right side as that grip is also supposed tokeep the trigger bar in correct alighnment. If the grips shoots loose which they can do, it can cuase light strikes. Just be aware andu will b e Ok.

spikedog
07-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Yep, will do. Thanks!

Barth
07-17-2012, 05:47 AM
remember u must keepthe grip screws tight. expecially the right side as that grip is also supposed tokeep the trigger bar in correct alighnment. If the grips shoots loose which they can do, it can cuase light strikes. Just be aware andu will b e Ok.

Tightening the grip screws is just part of the strip and clean process
after shooting LOL.

My MK40 grip screws are different lengths top and bottom.
Don't get them mixed up as it will interfere with the mag.

Ikeo74
07-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Wouldn't some loc-tight on the screws take care of that problem? Is there really any need to remove the screws after using the loc-tight? None of the poly guns have removeable grips and they work quite well.

TominCA
07-19-2012, 12:42 PM
I put a drop of Blue Loc-tite on mine - no problems. I only took the grips off once and can't think of a reason to do so agin outside of a detail cleaning.

kerby9mm
07-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Take a dime with me to tighten the screws on my mk9 & mk40 while at the range. I take the grips off periodically and there is gunk that runs down probably from cleaning. It doesent hinder operation of the gun I just like it to be clean. I would think the best remedy besides loctite would be a rubber washer if one can be found to give some compression on the screw.

jocko
07-19-2012, 01:20 PM
#1 keep any cleaning solvents off wood grips our ur finish will vbe damaged. Hoppes. and most gun spray cleaners will tellu that right on the can. the rubber washed is a greatidea. seemsvery hgar dot findone that small. Insteadof blue locktite which is still strong IMO. try the purple locktite found at most gun stores, It is the weakest of all locktites and works great on grip screws. Hold um good but still easy aspie to break loose.

I accidentlly got some Hoppe #9 on my J frame Herretts stocks and it just ate thefinish right off of it. thanks to Bawanna, they now look etter than new, but just be aware. IMO error on the side of caution..

pesty3782
08-06-2012, 01:49 PM
clear finger nail polish works great on grip screws that want to come out.