View Full Version : Trigger Pin working loose

smithnsig
02-28-2010, 08:07 AM
I spent the afternoon at the range yesterday, and got about 200 rounds through my CW-9.
Last night as I was cleaning my pistols, I noticed that the trigger hinge pin had worked it's way about 1/8" to the right. I tapped it back in, but is something wrong.
I admit that I put a lot of rounds downrange, and didn't notice it until last night.

mel5051
02-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Same thing happened to my P9 9mm !! Mine was made in 2000 and I'm hesitant to incur the shipping charges to send it back to Kahr...

jocko
02-28-2010, 01:30 PM
I spent the afternoon at the range yesterday, and got about 200 rounds through my CW-9.
Last night as I was cleaning my pistols, I noticed that the trigger hinge pin had worked it's way about 1/8" to the right. I tapped it back in, but is something wrong.
I admit that I put a lot of rounds downrange, and didn't notice it until last night.

PM sent. nice gun, its fixable..

Emeses
05-09-2010, 06:26 AM
New KahrTalk member, long time Kahr owner.

I just replaced my CW9 with a K40 blackened stainless. Took it too the range yesterday for the first time. 200 rounds no problems. Ate and threw out everything I fed it. I'm very satisfied with it.

However, I had the same problem; the trigger pin kept working its way out. What's the fix?

jocko
05-09-2010, 10:49 AM
mine did that one time on my PM9 and what I did was tap it out a tad further and put some crazy glue on the pin and then tapped it back flush. It has never moved. I doubt if that pin will move much further than it has now as there is a keeper pin that is supposed to keep that trigger pin from moving. It is on the left side of the grip directly under where that pin comes out on the left side. You will notice a very small drilled hole there. There is a small pin there that keeps that trigger pin from moving. See if that pin has itself moved somewhat to. You should not be able to feel that keeper pin. If so take a very small punch and just tap that pin in further.

Crazy glue will stop that trigger pin from moving. IMO it is not worth sending it back to kahr. It is an in house fix it type thing. More than likely all kahr would do is pop out the trigger pin and test their luck again. You can try my fix first and if all else fails then call kahr and see what they suggest. alittle crazy glue on both sides and then tap the pin back in..

jlottmc
05-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I had a similar problem on the rear sight pin for my GP100. I took that pin out, put a VERY SLIGHT bend in it, then some Gorilla Glue, never moved again. I wouldn't bend that pin though, the keeper pin yes but not the trigger pin. I think the Krazy Glue is good insurance as well. Just remember that it is there should you ever go to detail strip the lower.

jocko
05-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I had a similar problem on the rear sight pin for my GP100. I took that pin out, put a VERY SLIGHT bend in it, then some Gorilla Glue, never moved again. I wouldn't bend that pin though, the keeper pin yes but not the trigger pin. I think the Krazy Glue is good insurance as well. Just remember that it is there should you ever go to detail strip the lower.

can't actually pull that keeper pin out, if it installed correctly, as it dissapears and should be at least flush with the outsideof the gip. The krazy glue thing, actualy one tap on the trigger pin with a flat punch and it will break that glued trigger pin loose with no problem.I would not recommend taking that trigger pin all the way out, lining up the internal trigger parts can be alittle trying.
My suggestion and it is mine only is to try the glue thing and if it doesn't solve that issue, then a call to kahr will get it solved but more than likely will reqire a trip back..

jlottmc
05-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I also haven't played too much on the bottom end of these Kahrs... just what I've done in the past for walky type pins. Either way works.

cobrasjp
05-12-2010, 08:08 AM
More than likely all kahr would do is pop out the trigger pin and test their luck again.

Not necessarily. The trigger pin on my P380 backed out within the first 50 rds. And it did have the keeper pin installed. Returned it to Kahr and they added a second keeper pin. Solved the problem and the gun was returned to me in 6 days.

jocko
05-12-2010, 09:37 AM
i think I read that even, forgot all about that mod. First I have heard of them doing that, but it should work. beats replacing the lower frame and having to reregister it through a FFL also..I would think even that when they drill that second hole, they might even drill a small groove in that trigger pin even, for sure I can't move that way.

DMR
05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
the pin on my P-9 used to walkl during long range sessions. I eventualy called Kahr and they sent a new pin the was grooved to capture the spring. Has not occured since. Of note my P-9 was purchased in 1999, so I would have thought they had corrected it on pistols produced after something like 2003 when i had the part replaced.

cobrasjp
05-14-2010, 09:12 AM
I would think even that when they drill that second hole, they might even drill a small groove in that trigger pin even, for sure I can't move that way.
My trigger pivot pin did have a groove on the left side for the keeper pin to seat into. My original keeper pin hole was not drilled correctly & the pin did not stick into the groove in the trigger pivot pin. The hole for the 2nd pin was drilled so the keeper pin sticks into the groove much farther.
May make it a little difficult to remove the trigger pivot pin in the future, but I hope to never have to do that.

jocko
05-14-2010, 12:20 PM
My trigger pivot pin did have a groove on the left side for the keeper pin to seat into. My original keeper pin hole was not drilled correctly & the pin did not stick into the groove in the trigger pivot pin. The hole for the 2nd pin was drilled so the keeper pin sticks into the groove much farther.
May make it a little difficult to remove the trigger pivot pin in the future, but I hope to never have to do that.

in that trigger area breaking, I have never read of anything in that area breaking. I guess always a first time and if it happened, I myself would even let kahr fix it to be sure. A good whack on the left side with a flat punch and that trigger pin will jump right by that retaining pin. Just IMO never aneed to take that area apart. It call all be cleaned by spraying on the inside and they a drop of oil here and u are done. Glad they fixed it for you. It will serve u well. Today I hit the 29,100 mark with my PM9. damn thing just keeps working as it should.

I was having some issues lately with my P380 and the slide not locking open on the last round. I tried everything, new mag springs (they helped somewhat) new slide lock, new followers, nothing solved the issues. I ordered a new magazine release thinking the one in there could be out of spec enough. sure enough today got it, put it in and went out and shot 50 rounds and every mag locked open as should. Evidently something in my mag release button had worn as in the past it was working OK.

Sometimes these little guns can be very picky..