PDA

View Full Version : Speer 9mm 124-gr. GDHP +P SB + Others

wyntrout
03-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi, I just got my Speer 9mm 124-grain +P GDHP Short Barrel ammo from UPS and I took some pictures with the other defense ammo that I have on hand at present. Ordered late 22 Feb and received today from Ammunition To Go ~ a week.
I'm going to wait until I get the PM45 and my Blazer ammo to go to the range and do a lot of testing and recording the flashes for comparison, etc.
The magazine I just got from Wally World for about a buck off the $9.95 list price. I haven't read it yet, but the tests looked interesting. I usually won't touch those $10 "Buyers' Guides" but this seems to have a bunch of stuff I want to look at.
Wynn:D

ripley16
03-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I tried the GD SB ammo in my HK P2000sk, but I didn't adopt it as my carry ammo If I recall the recoil was a good bit more than my usual Hornady TAP delivered and the flash was much more pronounced (I think). It's a great idea and concept for small guns. I just couldn't shoot it as well or fast.

I hope yours works out well for you. I'm anxious to hear what you think.

wyntrout
03-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I 'm going to compare some of the defense loads and you'll get to see the flashes and tell how much recoil there was. I'll try to get a good video and pull some good stills out. I'm still waiting to get notice on the PM45's shipping. I ordered some Blazer 230gr FMJ and hope that it gets here about the same time as the gun. I'll take that and the 9's to the range and spend a few hours.:33:
Wynn:D

PM45 shipped at 6:40 PM today -- 1 March. :)