PDA

View Full Version : Weak Mag Eject

kirkmania
09-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Recently got a new PM9. Mag pops out only about an inch when release is pressed. Sure slows down reload process. Only have 100 rounds through it. Is this a problem or just needs more breaking in? Any suggestions?

jocko
09-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Recently got a new PM9. Mag pops out only about an inch when release is pressed. Sure slows down reload process. Only have 100 rounds through it. Is this a problem or just needs more breaking in? Any suggestions?

is the same, it doesn't pop out the magazine lke my G19 glock does. I really don't care either. Not a speed loader myself, never carry an extra magazine. I did put mag well cut outs in my grip to help extract easier. I am of the believe the inside of the grip might be designed to hold that magazine in a better proper position for more positive loading. I have heard of some getting inside the polymer grip area and sanding it in areas where contact is made to let the magazine fly out when the button is hit. Just didn't excite me enough to want to do it..

I don't think there is a thing wrong with the gun. By design I feel it is there.

ltxi
09-07-2009, 09:24 AM
All my Kahrs drop free....including my PM9 with all magazines. Check the seam on the back of the mags.....heard lately some have high points, aren't flush, and won't drop free.

kpm9
09-07-2009, 11:49 AM
My PM45 drops free with empty mag, but my PM9 doesn't and I have in excess of 1800 through the PM9.

There are molded ribs in the grip, tat could probably be shaved some to help mags drop free. and check the back of the mag also.

jocko
09-07-2009, 04:40 PM
My PM45 drops free with empty mag, but my PM9 doesn't and I have in excess of 1800 through the PM9.

There are molded ribs in the grip, tat could probably be shaved some to help mags drop free. and check the back of the mag also.

some of those mold ribs are definitely touching the magazine and it can be filed down some to allow mag drop out. I have never done mine as it works great for me and I am not caring if the magazine falls on the ground or not. Actually once one gets used the magazine popping out partialy, it is a non issue. some want them flying out with ease ... Probably if all guns kept the magazine partially in the gun and the kahrs slinged them allover the place, we would be saying "well the others don't do it"...

kpm9
09-07-2009, 06:25 PM
some of those mold ribs are definitely touching the magazine and it can be filed down some to allow mag drop out. I have never done mine as it works great for me and I am not caring if the magazine falls on the ground or not. Actually once one gets used the magazine popping out partialy, it is a non issue. some want them flying out with ease ... Probably if all guns kept the magazine partially in the gun and the kahrs slinged them allover the place, we would be saying "well the others don't do it"...

I agree and I should've cautioned about getting too aggressive with making changes as the tolerances are so small, if done wrong functionality could be adversely effected.

drober30
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I had this problem with my PM9 new out of the box and sent in in for service. Still does not work with the seven round mag.

There is no way I want to have to remove the magazine from my gun. I want it to fall free to the ground while I'm getting my other mag to insert it.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think its of to take the time to pull the empty mag out when you could be reaching for your other one instead. Where is the logic in that?

Sorry if that sounds a little aggressive but I want to make sure people are not drinking the Khar kool-aid and Khar realizes there is a problem and addresses it.

ltxi
09-07-2009, 06:48 PM
........There is no way I want to have to remove the magazine from my gun. I want it to fall free to the ground while I'm getting my other mag to insert it.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think its of to take the time to pull the empty mag out when you could be reaching for your other one instead.

That's why I know mine are drop free. Normal course of practice fire includes "press mag release, reload, hit slide release, fire" without thinking about it. Pick the empty mags up off the ground later. Got to replace all my early Glock mags because of this "fetish".

rock
09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Check your mags for vertical scratches on the mag release side. The mag release may be dragging slightly on the magazine.