View Full Version : Anyone have the new 9193?

jon9
09-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I saw on the Kahr site that they will begin shipping the new PM9 9193 with the manual safety and chambered round indicator. Anyone have a chance to get one of these? If so, what do you think about it? I have the PM9, yet am reluctant to carry it with one in the chamber,even though it is DOA and I know it won't fire unless trigger is pulled past break point.

Steelheart
09-07-2009, 05:23 PM
If you are new to carrying it can take some getting used to having a round chambered. As long as the trigger guard area is covered by the holster you should be fine. A Kahr (or any other DAO gun) is just as safe as a DA revolver.

Technically one could just put the gun into a pocket and go but I strongly recommend against that. Why risk having a forgetful moment when one might put their keys, a pen or who knows what into that pocket and said object could lodge in the trigger guard and cause an negligent discharge. Said discharge would most likely be painful or cause seriously injury to oneself depending on how the gun is orientated at the the time....:eek:

Steelheart

ltxi
09-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Kahrs are designed to be carried with a round in the chamber. To do otherwise would be be foolish. Slingshot charging is warned against because it's unreliable....especially with the micros. If you don't feel comfortable carrying it this way, perhaps you would be better served with a different gun.....although I'm not sure what.

Imo, any firearm carried for instant defense should have and be safe with a round in the chamber. An additional "two hands and several seconds" requirement can be fatal. I have a Mustang Pocketlight, a s/a, that I've been known to carry loose in my pocket in condition two. That costs me less a second if that, hammer back & safety off, and is perfectly safe.

As to the original question/thought....the 9193 is just Mass/lawer suck-up and intelligence insulting stupid......although I in no way fault Kahr for this sad state of affairs.

Other than that, I have no opinion one way or the other.

kpm9
09-07-2009, 06:29 PM
=
Technically one could just put the gun into a pocket and go but I strongly recommend against that. Why risk having a forgetful moment when one might put their keys, a pen or who knows what into that pocket and said object could lodge in the trigger guard and cause an negligent discharge. Said discharge would most likely be painful or cause seriously injury to oneself depending on how the gun is orientated at the the time....:eek:

Steelheart

That's called having a "Plaxico" moment. :D