View Full Version : Ever a K9 covert?

NoScreenName
03-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of a K9 covert. I know of the K40 covert & the P9 covert but I believe these were the only two models offered in that configuration.

Also, has anyone asked Kahr directly if they can convert a K9 to a covert?

jocko
03-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of a K9 covert. I know of the K40 covert & the P9 covert but I believe these were the only two models offered in that configuration.

Also, has anyone asked Kahr directly if they can convert a K9 to a covert?

karh won't do that for sure and IMO tryng to cut down a K9 would result iin loosing some serious webbing on the k9 mag well opening that I would think would cause issues down the road. , then grips have to be reduced etc, just not sure it is feasable, let alone worth the money to mess up a good gun like the K9 isnow... By a PM series kahr and just be done with it..

Vinikahr
03-10-2010, 01:05 PM
karh won't do that for sure and IMO tryng to cut down a K9 would result iin loosing some serious webbing on the k9 mag well opening that I would think would cause issues down the road. , then grips have to be reduced etc, just not sure it is feasable, let alone worth the money to mess up a good gun like the K9 isnow... By a PM series kahr and just be done with it..
Or MK Series!

jeep45238
03-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Anybody have an MK and a K series in the same caliber? It'd be interesting to see if the slide assemblies would fit the opposite frame (ie K slide+MK frame, visa versa).

ripley16
03-10-2010, 01:34 PM
There was a nice thread about one on another forum recently. The owner had just completed a polishing that made it look super.

Beautiful...huh.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/k40covert.jpg

jocko
03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Anybody have an MK and a K series in the same caliber? It'd be interesting to see if the slide assemblies would fit the opposite frame (ie K slide+MK frame, visa versa).

do that slides are different lenghts

K9 barrel 3.5" length 6.0
MK9 barrel 3.0" length 5.3

Bawanna
03-10-2010, 05:12 PM
There was a nice thread about one on another forum recently. The owner had just completed a polishing that made it look super.

Beautiful...huh.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/k40covert.jpg

That is a thing of beauty. Wowwy momma. I just love shiney things and those handles are sweet too. Wood and steel, make me, well fill in the blanks.