PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm if these XS sights will fit my CW9

mcbowflex
10-18-2012, 12:09 AM
So I saw another member here has the Big Dot sight on the front of their CM or CW, and I found this over on MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/738783/xs-24-7-express-sight-set-kahr-cw-post-2004-steel-matte-tritium-big-dot-front). Just wanted to know if anyone could confirm if they would fit my pistol. I emailed XS about the if they are available or not since their sight still says CWs and CMs require the slide to be milled. I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

TucsonMTB
10-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Kahr CW and CM pistols both use the same sights.

XS has only recently released their post style sights, so there may be some outdated information on their web site. But, their newly released post style sights, like older sights from other suppliers, do indeed fit perfectly on both the CW9 and CM9.

As a plus, they are easier to install than dovetail sights and offer a very clean looking slide once in place. I think you will enjoy them very much.

mcbowflex
10-18-2012, 12:44 PM
So I take that as a yes. I'm curious as to why XS wouldn't update their own website with a new product...

gb6491
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
So I saw another member here has the Big Dot sight on the front of their CM or CW, and I found this over on MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/738783/xs-24-7-express-sight-set-kahr-cw-post-2004-steel-matte-tritium-big-dot-front). Just wanted to know if anyone could confirm if they would fit my pistol. I emailed XS about the if they are available or not since their sight still says CWs and CMs require the slide to be milled. I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

So I take that as a yes. I'm curious as to why XS wouldn't update their own website with a new product...
I believe the linked sight (KA-0004S-5) is the one that requires milling. I suggest you either contact XS or PM KT member "itsthelaw" as he has had the new sight installed on his CM9: http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15318
Regards,
Greg

jocko
10-18-2012, 02:40 PM

look at kahrs webb site. they stillshow the blunt nose version of kahrs in their photos and tey hav enot been made for a fewyears at least. Does lazy come to mind.:popcorn:

PYROhafe
10-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Ive heard that in order to get the xs sights for the cm/cw, you have to call and order them. Not sure why this is so, but Im making my call tomorrow, so If ya havent called by then, Ill let ya know how it goes.

mcbowflex
10-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Ive heard that in order to get the xs sights for the cm/cw, you have to call and order them. Not sure why this is so, but Im making my call tomorrow, so If ya havent called by then, Ill let ya know how it goes.

I'd appreciate that. I'm kind of disappointed they haven't emailed back yet, but whatever. Hopefully I'll be able to order a set tomorrow. Depends if my oh so wonderful labor union votes to ratify a new contract at work, or if I get to go on strike and watch grown adults act like idiot children....

PYROhafe
10-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Ill let ya know how it goes. Surprised they havent gotten back to ya yet. Ive emailed before (when I was waiting on the big dots to come out for the cm) and Bo got back to me pretty quick.

itsthelaw
10-18-2012, 08:40 PM
The gunsmith that did my CM9 said that he called XS direct, because they have not made it to the online houses yet. He said XS was very helpful and very willling to sell him the sights. If that is all you need, might as well save a few buying direct.

MDH65
10-18-2012, 09:00 PM
I just sent my slide to XS to have them install there new CM/CW drop in sights. Fast turn around too.

PYROhafe
10-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Just got off the phone with xs, and was told as of now they are only offering the drop in sights as a factory install. They are worried about people tweaking the front sight during install and causing them to break off. So looks like ill be sending my slide back off when I get it back from coating. :(

mcbowflex
10-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Just got off the phone with xs, and was told as of now they are only offering the drop in sights as a factory install. They are worried about people tweaking the front sight during install and causing them to break off. So looks like ill be sending my slide back off when I get it back from coating. :(

Thanks for the update. Did they say how much they charge to do the install, and shipping costs?

PYROhafe
10-19-2012, 12:41 PM
They said total cost would be 169. 120 for sites, 40 for install and 9 for return shipping, so that's everything except shipping it to them.

CW9 Shooter
10-20-2012, 05:46 PM
AIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!! Sure are proud of them puppies, aren't they? That is for BOTH sights, correct?

bonjorno2
10-20-2012, 06:13 PM
has to be for both, i am pissed at kahr for bumping up the price on the front sight trijicon.... 50 bucks for a front sight is robbery