PDA

View Full Version : Newb with a CW-9

zoe17
10-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Pucked up a CW-9 from a friend. He said it had feeding issues so I offered $200 and now own it. I tried slide stop feeding of a 7 round mag and it nosedives. I read the long thread and others about Gregs follower sanding and cutting one coil of spring.

Read up on it on ARFCOM thats how I found this forum. So where to start to get this pistol reliable? I love the size more than the G26/27 I have owned. My daily carry is a G-21sf or a G-30.

Thanks for the help, and I did read up first.

tv_racin_fan
10-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Zoe I think the very very first step is to take that mag apart and make sure the spring is installed correctly. Be careful tho as it can be tricky putting em back together. Had one apart once and had the spring get away and send the lock plate flying around the room more than once, lucky for me I was able to retrieve it so easily.

Cutting one coil of what spring?? Guess I missed something..

I have a couple of K9s and the wife has a CW9 ours have nose dived a couple times. I checked the springs in a couple mags and make sure the ammo is all the way back in the mag before insertion and don't seem to have the issue after a couple hundred rounds. Dunno why it seems to go away for some after a 200 round break-in. IF I have the issue again I intend to try sanding on a couple of followers. (I thought about stretching a spring but after trying to get that first mag back together that thought went right on down the street.)

I also think you got a steal and I am willing to bet that you can get it to run or I'll pay ya $250 for it.

yqtszhj
10-31-2012, 07:46 AM
Make sure that the feed lips at the top of the magazine that hold the rounds in are really smooth with no sharp edges. The sharp edge can hang on the rim of the casing and it will nose dive when feeding into the chamber when the mag is full. take some 600 grit sand paper or a ladies cardboard nail file and smooth the feed lips out really well. (don't tell the wife I used her nail file for my gun, LOL)

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum and let us know if you have any other problems or this doesn't fix it.