PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Bob On-Board

Geobob
12-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Hello, everyone!

Just joined the forum, and looking forward to good discussion, technical guidance, and lessons learned. Born in Colorado, raised in Pennsylvania, living in Missouri. I'm a retired Navy and Army pilot (involuntarily after 30+ years due to age), but still working as an environmental hydrogeologist cleaning up contaminated industrial sites. I prefer pistols, and own a SIG SP2022 in 9mm, Taurus 709 Slim (CCW), and Ruger SR22 for plinking. Have a used K9 inbound, which will be another CCW. Married to an RN, have 4 sons, and besides pistols, hobbies are music (contrabass clarinet, bass sax, singing), snakes, hiking, and caving. Looking forward to being a part of this group. Wishing a wonderful Christmas and holiday season to all!

Bawanna
12-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Missouri Bob has a right nice ring to it. I was born there and drug to the west coast against my will in my youth.

A lot of years of service behind ya and I think I speak for all when I say thank you for that.

Consider yourself already a part, we're glad you stumbled onto us and joined the clan.

Lots of smart folks here on all sorts of subjects. They help me all the time.

Welcome, hope you enjoy yourself and hang around regular.

Tinman507
12-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Used-to-be PA Bob!
Thanks for your Service!

MO_Soldier
12-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Welcome to Missouri from Texas! I JUST PCSed here from Springfield. Which hospital does your wife work at? I worked at Cox in orthopedic surgery.

jeepster09
12-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the Forum....eeow snakes :eek:.....the only good snake is a dead snake :59:

lokin4deer
12-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Wavin':yo: from the east side of the state welcome aboard!

Geobob
12-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the warm greetings, folks! Already feel at home - much appreciated!

MO-Soldier - my wife worked at both Cox and St Johns (now Mercy). She was a cardiac nurse, then got her MS Nursing and taught Psych Nursing at Cox College (I really have to watch what I say). She finished up heading the in-house staff Ed program at the Big House at Mercy. She retired this past June.

Jeepster - snakes (or "snak-ees" as the wife calls them) are cool! Don't believe what you saw in the movie "Anaconda". They eat rats! When they let me do attachments I'll send a pic.....

Good to be here, and looking forward to discussion - I will have some questions when my used K-9 arrives - will post in that subforum......

AIRret
12-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Welcome, Geibob.
Your going to love this forum, it a lot of knowledgeable people who are always willing to help.

jeepster09
12-12-2012, 07:37 AM
He does look kinda "cuddly".....

LorenzoB
12-12-2012, 07:42 AM
....I was born there and drug to the west coast against my will in my youth....

Bawanna, I have lived in CA all my life and am starting to think someone would have to be drugged to move out here (to keep them from kicking and screaming)! ;)

Geobob, welcome to the forum! Nice list of talents (and guns). My wife and I are (were) percussionists. We used to teach and play in local concert bands and wind ensembles. We don't do much playing these days.

P.S. start posting a bunch now so you can show us photos of your used K9 and how it cleans up. (there is a 30 post minimum before you can post photos)

JustinN
12-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Welcome from the Springfield area of Missouri. You don't happen to work on the toxic site here in the middle of Republic that just recently burned down do you?

Geobob
12-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi Justin

Yep! Our company has that site. I was the project manager there around 1998-2004. We are currently doing a massive in-situ cleanup of some of the old TCE contaminated soil that no one realized was still in the ground. The building that burned down was the treatment system for the groundwater that was pumped out. They are evaluating the need for additional GW work that may be needed, but for now the emphasis is on the soils cleanup. I think that will really help speed up ultimate remediation. I work at Environmental Works, Inc. on Chestnut. BTW, I play in the Republic Community Band (bass sax). So you're here in SGF?

JustinN
12-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm actually in Republic.

Geobob
12-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Very good, Justin! I get out there to look at the site now and again, and every Thursday night for band practice at the middle school. Going to pick up my "new" used K9 from Dusty (FFL) in Battlefield on Saturday morning. Really looking forward to getting that handgun and picking the forum's brain........