PDA

View Full Version : USCCA and Shield Program

Geobob
12-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Hello all

I recently joined U.S. Concealed Carry Assoc (USCCA) and would like your opinions and experience. They have a good website, lots of info and training videos, etc., a high quality magazine (with archived electronic back issues), and the "defensive Shield" insurance-type program against criminal and civil lawsuits. I would partic like to know your thoughts on such insurance, and if anyone has had any experience with a real SD incident (God willing not) where such insurance would be desirable, or any specific experience with the USCCA Shield program in practice. If so, thanks in advance for your willingness to share - much appreciated!
-----------------------------------
Geologist Bob
US Navy P-3 Pilot, Army Guard Huey & Blackhawk Pilot (ret.)

gulfwarvet
01-11-2013, 08:02 AM
I'd like to hear more too...

igolfat8
02-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Bump... So, what do you think of the membership so far???

TheTman
02-21-2013, 02:14 PM
I was a gold level SHIELD member until recently. Had to let my membership lapse due to circumstances.
I enjoy their magazine, and website and forum and things. Some pretty good info can be had there. Training, Training excercises, Conceal Carrry tips, Product reviews, just a lot of cool stuff to browse through, and some booklets you can download covering a wide range of topics. The magazine was nice in that it was geared specifically to CC, and home and self defense. Had some good weapon reviews, along with holsters and other gear for CC. And real life self defense stories.
I liked having the extra insurance in case I got dragged through court. I will probably rejoin when I get the chance.
Many people's homeowner's insurance will cover a lot of things the SHIELD does. Better make sure as all policies differ. The SHEILD would probably cover any gaps your homeowners insurance leaves out, or if you don't have homeowners insurance it would probably be a worthwhile expenditure. Thank God I never had to use any of it. I definatetly liked having the extra coverage. Our state is not so bad, but it seems like some localities really want to go after people that defend themselves. I think if I lived in one of the more anti-gun locations, I'd have it for sure. All it takes is a DA wanting to make a name for themself, or a Travon Martin type of deal and you can be screwed in a hurry.
The USCCA sends out imformative emails fairly often, usually I get something out of them, some news or knowledge I hadn't heard.
Overall, I enjoy being a member, and the little extra piece of mind in case I need to use my weapon, then I have extra coverage against both criminal, and civil suits.
I'd say it's a nice thing to have, but not a necessity by all means. It's convenient having so much information available at one site.