PDA

View Full Version : trigger problem

slowngreen
12-14-2012, 05:14 PM
I had my cw45 apart polishing/cleaning it, mainly the slide and barrel, then took it out today to put some rounds through it and the trigger for some reason doesnt fire until its pretty much pulled all the way. Like all the way to the bottom of the pull which it wasnt doing until today.

Any thoughts? I dont see anything wrong.

kahrbw9
12-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Have you tried taking it apart again and putting it back to together.Do u make sure to set the takedown pin in the 4 ocolck position when reinstalling it.Did you polish anything remotely near the trigger or cam.Just a few thoughts

yqtszhj
12-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Mine is pretty close to that all the time. If it still fires OK I'd keep shootng it and see if it changes one way or the other.

slowngreen
12-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Ive reassembled it a couple times now and it seems ok again, still seams pretty far back from what it was, like something changed all of a sudden rather than something from being used.

citizen9mm
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Did you find any resolution here? My sister picked up a new CW9 and you can pull the trigger all the way back without it firing... if you really squeeze after you get to the end of the trigger pull, then the striker will drop. It seems to be worse when the pistol is cold. FWIW my PM9 trigger is nowhere near this bad. Clean break with not as much length on the pull.

CJB
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
just wondering if both you fellows would try a dry fire or two while pushing the slide forward while you do...

citizen9mm
01-07-2013, 12:40 PM
I'll take a look at that this week. Don't have this pistol with me right now. Maybe a better description would be 'bottoming out' with the trigger. I only did a field strip/ quick cleaning so I'll disassemble the slide and clean everything out before next trip to the range also.

citizen9mm
01-20-2013, 03:43 PM
this seemed to be a similar problem as the "late sear release CW45" thread. I think there may have just been gunk in the striker channel, at least in my case. I sprayed some cleaner in there and put some more rounds downrange. Looks like it is running fine now so hopefully just a break-in issue.