PDA

View Full Version : CW45 Trigger

schmitty
12-18-2012, 03:31 PM
I have been lurking around the forum reading for about a month now and decide to post a quick question. I think I have decided on the CW45 as my first CCW pistol. I have had a chance to handle one at my local dealer and the trigger pull, while long, is very smooth. My question is regarding the trigger reset. Do you have to fully release the trigger to reset it, or is the reset a bit shorter? Thanks guys!

jocko
12-18-2012, 03:43 PM
probably ot but again treatit like a double action revolver, U will want to let up on the trigger, just get use dto it and after awhile u won't even notice that sequence of events. I think ur much safer in letting up on the trigger than to try to second guess when u have let up enugh to pull the trigger again and then nuttin happens. Really is not a complaint hered on this forum. The looooong trigger is not a complait but a design by kahr. No safety's on these guns, only ur brain and looooong trigger system You and the gun have to mate up to be a good team to, so just shoot it and shoot it and the gun will get smoother and you will get smoother with the gun and ur accuracy will tighten up big time, save ur first target and then cmpare it with one after 200+ rounds.

Please do visit the kahr tech section and hit on the kalr lube chart and the propper prepping thred and the new member/owners sticky's. Learn as much as u can before that first shoot and before u buy it, learn the easy techniques of taking this gun down for cleaning etc.

Welcome aboard, we have a good forum here, and any questions here is never a dumb question and u will alwys be treated with respect. We all at one time here started out with post #1..

TheTman
12-18-2012, 03:55 PM
I always let the trigger come all the way forward, rather than try to anticipate when it has been reset, it's so smooth there is really no indication that it's been reset, and it only takes a fraction of a second to let it come all the way forward.

Welcome to Kahr Talk, and enjoy your CW. Mine was my main carry weapon for a long time, but it just would not function with the extended magazines, so I sold it to pay for a gun that a widow friend was wanting to sell. I kept the widow's gun, a SIG, since it has sentimental value to both me and the widow, so out went the CW45. I was getting ready to order replacement when I saw the CM45 announcement, so I think that will be the replacement instead of another CW45. I'm thinking the CM, with the proper ammo should be just as deadly as the CW. I am hoping it will accept the 7 round Kahr 45 magazines, so I could carry one as a backup, with the 5+1 in the gun. I'd feel plenty safe with that arrangement.

Bawanna
12-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Wow, post # 1, that's been a spell.

Jocko, if I leave my kahr in salt water for 6 months and then take it out and blow dry it with my wifes hair dryer will it rust?

Was that a stupid question?

Welcome aboard schmitty, glad you found us. As you can see these other fella's like to clown around. I try to keep things on a more reserved serious note as who really needs clowning around when you got a question ya know?

What was the question anyhow?

Actually the Kahr trigger does indeed need to be very nearly completely released to reset. As Mr. Jocko said it's something you get accustomed to and very similar to any double action revolver. Para LDA's are very similar as well. It's not a great speed virtue but it's also not enough of a concern to bother most people. You can still send bullets pretty rapidly if your determined.

jocko
12-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Jocko, if I leave my kahr in salt water for 6 months and then take it out and blow dry it with my wifes hair dryer will it rust

answer: yes the hair dryer will rust..

Bawanna
12-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Jocko, if I leave my kahr in salt water for 6 months and then take it out and blow dry it with my wifes hair dryer will it rust

answer: yes the hair dryer will rust..

Guess it would be a good thing to use the wifes and not my own huh?

Ok a gentle breeze would be enough to dry what hair I have left but don't tell my cyber wives. They think I look like Justin Beiber. I don't know what he looks like but my son said the girls all think he's hot!

Tinman507
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Justin Beiber was a friend of mine, Senator, You're no Justin Beiber.

http://wizbangblog.com/images/bentsen_quayle1002.jpg