PDA

View Full Version : Holsters for kahr k9

vincent wood
09-09-2009, 11:18 AM
:confused: I ordered two holsters from FOBUS that according to their compatability chart fit my KAHR K9 all stainless model.
The holsters were FOBUS model KA1 & C21. NEITHER ONE FIT.
I contacted them by E Mail and still have not heard anything back. They said to me that they forewarded all of my E Mails to their President.
Anyone have any idea as to how I can rectify this issue with them?
All I want is a FOBUS ROTO PADDLE HOLSTER that fits the KAHR K9.
HELP.......
Vinnie:
P.S. I also E Mailed a gentleman from KAHR, a Mr. Harris and asked him to foreward my issue to FOBUS.

lunde
09-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Was the fit too loose or too tight? I am guessing that it may have been too loose. The Fobus website states that the KA1 is for the K40. The slide width of the K40 is 0.94 inches, and that of the K9 is 0.90 inches.

vincent wood
09-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Both holsters were too tight. I couldn't even get the gun into the holsters. I have multiple holsters for other guns by FOBUS, and they all fit perfectly...like a glove.

vincent wood
09-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I have all the dimensions for all the KAHR products.
The FUBUS website says that the K9 will fit in the same holster as the K40.
It doesn't. I also ordered the same holsters from dealers who are supplied by FOBUS, and neither of the same model holsters supplied by the dealers fit either. I think FOBUS has the weapon fit cataloged wrong.
Vinnie

lunde
09-09-2009, 12:04 PM
If your K9 was too tight, I wonder what would happen with a K40, which has a slightly wider slide. Anyway, this wouldn't be the first time that a holster manufacture got things wrong.