PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful new T9 just arrived!!

laserfish
01-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Absolutely georgeous in both looks and feel. Can't wait to get to the range. Already cleaned and ready to go...however, I have a question. Seems the slide is awfully rough. You can hear the tool marks sliding past each other with that zzzzzzzz zzzzzzz sound. The K9 and E9 I have do not do this. They are smooth as glass. Is this normal?? I know the K is 16 years old and don't know about the E. First new Kahr I have owned. Seems like the finish on a pistol of this beauty and cost should not do this. Any one else have this problem?? New to Kahrs and new to the site. Best feeling handgun I have ever had the pleasure to fire. Can't wait to fire this beauty.

addictedhealer
01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Pictures you tool!!

:)

laserfish
01-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Cannot post pics as I do not have enough posts yet. Looks like other T9's, beautiful.

phil413tx
01-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Where did you find a T9? I have never seen one in person. I have seen lots of nice pics.

Bawanna
01-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Very few of us are lucky enough to have a T9. I think the same most of us would really like to have a T9. Kind of like chicken lips though, not many around. I've only seen one in person. I held it at a gun show, much longer that really proper etiquette but the seller was understanding and let me hold it a long time.

Hard to say on you condition. I think I'd be tempted to get it out and shoot it and see if the roughness stays the same. Unless you see something obvious inside causing the grating. Could be deceiving and smooth right out.

ripley16
01-30-2013, 05:24 AM
When you say "rough" and "hear the tool marks", are you saying there are spots on the rails and/or slots that are not machined correctly? Could it be the spring you are hearing? Does it have a arc cut out of the slide, at the muzzle end for barrel movement (see pic)? Let us know how it shoots.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/Kahr/notchinT9001.jpg

You've obtained quite a nice all steel collection. Plans for any polymer? The TP9 is a nice Kahr too, you'll have to try one some day.

Enjoy your new T9

jocko
01-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Cannot post pics as I do not have enough posts yet. Looks like other T9's, beautiful.

ur gun is new, it will smooth out likethe two guns u described which are used and have had rounds out ofthem to smooth things., up.

U got a beautiful gun quit nit picking it and just shoot it like u stole it and I would be 200+ rounds later it willbe inthe same smooth category as the two used kahrs u are talking about.

New carstoday still are advising break in type driving, there is a reason for that..

laserfish
01-30-2013, 06:02 AM
No plans for the P series. Just do not like the way they feel in my hand. The k and T, feel like they were custom made for me. Backstrap on the poly grip is a little too agressive for my liking. Fell in love with the K series when I purchased the E. Bought the T without even holding one and it is everything I thought it would be. Found this one on gunbroker and there is one on there now. Looking forward to Saturday like a little kid.

jocko
01-30-2013, 06:13 AM
do the lube chart thing and the propper prep thing foundo the techsection. Might make that first shoot evennicer. U got a super super handgun there, it will smoothout like butter on bread. I have no doubt about that. Even some gun grease on the rails might quiet whatur hearing even. these guns are made to cycle propery when shot, not necessarly the same way and feel and sound by hand racking etc..

Chuck54
01-30-2013, 08:14 AM
Love my T9 I shoot it better (more accurately) than I shot a G17L that I owned for a short period of time.

Tank
01-30-2013, 06:53 PM
My T40 was the same way. The first 200 rnds make a world of differance. The slide will run smoother and the slide release will work much easier too. Mine does like to run wet so if I plan on running 100 or more thru it I will oil the slide up good. If I'm just running a few mags thru it I run it the way it's stored and carried (lightly greased slide), just to make sure it works that way too.

Redstate
01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
It will be difficult to pass on a T9, should I ever see one. An E9 would be nice also. I wonder why Kahr doesn't again make an E9 to go with the CW series.

laserfish
01-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Figured out the problem, the guide rod was rough as a cob. They must have buried it in the backyard and dug it up and wiped it off before installing. Polished it with thousand grit and ordered a Bedaire stainless rod. A little dissappointed in that, not like Kahr. Redstate. Like I said earlier, there is a T9 on Gunbroker right now. The E9 was my first intro to Kahr and it fit like a glove. Great entry point, wish they still made it. Didn't know Kahr so I kept looking but kept coming back and finally purchased. Never looked back. The K is that much better with the elite trigger and ported barrel. Shoots like a dream. Too bad I have to work and cannot get to the range before Saturday. Expecting great things. Been racking the slide.