View Full Version : Bad experience--Tommy's GunPacks

Speedyfish
03-29-2010, 03:11 PM
The short story: I ordered a gun pack in early December. In January, I was told twice it had shipped. I got nothing. I repeatedly asked for a refund, but was told my product was on the way. Nothing arrived. In late February, I was emailed an apology that s**t happens and I am just one of those customers who has bad luck. I am then promised a refund and an upgraded custom pack for free. By late March I still have no pack or money. I request a refund two more times. I finally got my money refunded only three and a half months after I ordered. And, no, I did not get the free pack!

Mr. Zero
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
I also had bad luck with the Tommy Gunpack people. They advertised a sale on a different forum - $15.00 packs - WOW I thought, so I ordered two. I was sent a receipt and an order confirmation a couple days later with a note informing me the delivery would be about 30 days out. After 60 days, an seeing posts from people who had already recieved their packs even though they ordered them after I had, I sent an e-mail inquire about my order, nothing crazy, just wondering about delivery times. I was sent a response stating that the sale was a huge success, however, they had run out of material and they were unable to fill my order, but would offer me a discounted rate on a pack with new materials for around $50.00.

I wrote him back, not happy that they sold what they did not have, yet confirmed my order and took my money and now were unwilling to make it right, AND, were going to make me wait 30 days for a refund! So after several e-mails proving that I was NOT going away, they sent me two packs in different colors than I originally ordered (I agreed to this so I could get the packs I ordered).

The whole experience was fairly negative, but I will give them credit for continuing to communicate with me during the situation. I often wonder how long it would have taken them to break the bad news had I not contacted them first.

After all that, the packs are nothing special.

Vinikahr
03-30-2010, 04:00 PM
The short story: I ordered a gun pack in early December. In January, I was told twice it had shipped. I got nothing. I repeatedly asked for a refund, but was told my product was on the way. Nothing arrived. In late February, I was emailed an apology that s**t happens and I am just one of those customers who has bad luck. I am then promised a refund and an upgraded custom pack for free. By late March I still have no pack or money. I request a refund two more times. I finally got my money refunded only three and a half months after I ordered. And, no, I did not get the free pack!

Posted also at GT.

Bawanna
03-30-2010, 04:03 PM
OK, I give up . WTF is a GUNPACK ? And, who is Tommy ?

Oh your killing me here. Side aches on the rampage again. Thank you. Just came from RKBA section and I needed a lift.

Vinikahr
03-30-2010, 04:09 PM
OK, I give up . WTF is a GUNPACK ? And, who is Tommy ?

http://www.tommysgunpack.com/

jstringer
03-31-2010, 11:39 PM
My experience was fair with them but their pack isn't worth it.
Makes a decent case is about all.