View Full Version : Slide release popping out when firing and locking slide back

2k2wranglerx
02-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new. I have a baby eagle compact polymer in .40. Took it out for the first time this weekend and have an issue. When I shoot cheap fmj it's fine. But when I run decent jhp stuff through it the slide release actually pops out a little bit. This locks the slide back until I push it back in all the way.

Any ideas? Anyone ever heard of this issue?

Thanks!

warbird1
02-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Have not seen that one happen. I suggest a call to Magnum Research customer service is in order.

Captain Crunch
02-28-2013, 06:41 AM
I had this w/ my CW9 when dry firing/racking slide. My fingers put a little pressure on the slide release pin and pushed it out about 1/8" locking the slide at 1/4" back from closed.

gb6491
02-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new. I have a baby eagle compact polymer in .40. Took it out for the first time this weekend and have an issue. When I shoot cheap fmj it's fine. But when I run decent jhp stuff through it the slide release actually pops out a little bit. This locks the slide back until I push it back in all the way.

Any ideas? Anyone ever heard of this issue?

Thanks!
I suspect that the different bullet profile of the hollow points is causing them to contact your slide stop. You can verify this by removing the slide, installing the slide stop, then inserting a fully loaded magazine while watching to see if the top round contacts the slide stop. If it does, you'll need to use other ammo, sightly modify the stop, or replace the stop.
Pictorial example (http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=4862478&postcount=18) (in this case on a 1911).
Regards,
Greg

BTW, welcome to the forums:)