PDA

View Full Version : Primed and painted the bottom of my 6 round mag

Ranger
03-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Had some spare time yesterday so I primed and painted (black) the bottom of the 6 round magazine for my PM9. Has a much better look than the SS.

May have voided the warranty on the mag but frankly I don't care. It looks that much better.

RRP
03-10-2013, 07:21 AM
May have voided the warranty on the mag but frankly I don't care. It looks that much better.

Oh, I doubt that. If it's ever a problem, wipe the paint off with solvent, or with 000 steel wool.

Ranger
03-10-2013, 08:35 AM
RRP,
Good morning. I hope you're right about the mag.

All that being said, I think it is great when the only thing I didn't like about this gun was cosmetic. I actually go a bit far when I say "I didn't like". The more accurate statement would have been "I'd have preferred it to be black from the factory".

The PM9 is absolutely my favorite side arm. What a super CCW. And now I like everything about it!

Bob

muggsy
03-10-2013, 09:19 AM
If the paint doesn't hold up you might want to try cerakote. It's a ceramic industrial finish used on guns. It's sprayed and baked on in an oven. It can be done at home. Here's a link.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/metal-prep-coloring/paint-finishes/bake-on-non-aerosol-paints/cerakote-ovencure-ceramic-coatings-prod26563.aspx