PDA

View Full Version : Mag 40

AIRret
06-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Sorry this has taken so long. I'm hopeless with the computer and since the malware incident I haven't been able to log on.
I'm going to paste my review of Mag 40 here and if you want more details or have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

Mag 40 review.
Sorry this has taken so long but I've had trouble getting back onto the forum.
I had high expectations for this class and I wasn't disappointed!!!
It was four very, very long days and it was mentally intense (my orthopedically challenged body is still recovering).
We were kept so busy we even ate our lunches at our desks.
Each day includes both lectures and shooting.
The lectures covered many CCW, legal, and the emotional effects involved in defending
yourself with a gun. Massad Ayoob has an amazing knowledge of the ins and outs of CCW.
Some of the topics covered are; what makes a shooting justified (with court examples), and
how will you make that split second decision. How to interact with other witnesses, and the police.
The courts, trial and society. Finical outcome and emotions you will likely have to deal with……
Massad is a passionate dedicated and brilliant teacher, you'll love learning from him.
The shooting portion involved;
Detailed instruction on grip, he teaches the crush grip, but he also covers other grips and gives
reasons for each.
Detailed instruction in Stance; weaver, chapman and isosceles.
One hand shooting, strong and weak, and shooting from various body positions.
To complete the course you have to pass a written test and a police qualifying course.
I'm happy to report that I did well on the written portion and scored 290 out of 300 on the
police qualifying course.
Some things I would suggest you have for the class;
Electronic earmuffs. We bought Howard leight pro impact muffs and we were very happy with them.
I wouldn't have wanted to take the class without them, they were that important to me.
BUG…. spray
Rain gear (although we got lucky and had no rain)
Pack great lunches, you'll be glad you did.
In summary this was one of the best courses I've ever taken, I can't recommend it enough.

To clarify, the physical portion of the coarse is not "seal" training but it is tough if you've had two back surgeries and messed up hands like me. However, the effort is worth it!!