PDA

View Full Version : 9mm cases getting stuck in sizing/decapping die

ORSalesRep
07-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Hello all,

I have a Hornady Progressive AP Press and have reloaded approximately 10,000+ rounds withpout case lube over the last year and a half with zero issues. I have been using Redding Pro Series Titanium Carbide dies during this entire time. All of a sudden today I started experiencing an issue with about ever 7-10th case getting stuck in the sizing/decapping die and it is a b**ch to get the stuck case out. I have had to pull the die, remove the decapping pin and place the die in a vice. I then use a hammer and a punch to push the case out from the top down. So, far all I could think to try was to use some Flitz and a Dremel to polish the inside of the sizing die and apply case lube, but I am still having the same problem. Does anyone here have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!
Steve

CJB
07-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Clean and inspect your die. Ti Carbide wont be touched at all by dremel and or flitz or nuthin by maybe saphire and or diamond....

You might have crap inside the die above the ring that is wedging once the case in the die. Check for burrs and or damage to the carbide ring - it can be chipped.

Make sure your cases are sand/grit free before sizing

Also check your shell plate - make sure its the right one, and in good condition - stranger things have happened....