PDA

View Full Version : Hello All..new guy from Washington

Irishbandit
10-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Hello All!

New Kahr CW9 owner. Not new to guns but wanted a smaller CCW piece. Lots of good information here and I look forward to reading through it all.

I put 250 rounds through it over the weekend and had no issues except when cleaning I notices plastic shavings from the rails...but it looks like that isn't a big issue from what I read.

While it does fine on FMJ's, hollow points seem to not want to rack smoothly. Suggestions?

Thanks all and I look forward to meeting some of you.

Semper Fi

Bawanna
10-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Welcome Mr. Bandit.

When you say feed smoothly with hollow points are you talking chambering a round or actually firing.

Kahr recommends chambering using the slide lock rather than a sling shot but it should sling shot just fine once it's broke in if done properly.

Not very tolerant of riding the slide I guess you'd say, have to let it fly with gusto.

Nice to have another local on board, I grew up in your area, now I'm out east a bit.

xsailer
10-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Bawanna, anything east of you and STILL in Washington, is not really East.

Welcome Mr. Bandit. Nice to have you join and look forward to what you have to say. Lot's of free advice this forum. A lot of knowledgeably and most of it good. I must say I've learned a lot.

bob

WLEEP
10-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Welcome from another newbie in Central Florida. Enjoy.

AIRret
10-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Welcome aboard. You've found a great gun and a great forum!!

Is there a story behind your forum name?

Alfonse
10-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Bawanna, anything east of you and STILL in Washington, is not really East.

Welcome Mr. Bandit. Nice to have you join and look forward to what you have to say. Lot's of free advice this forum. A lot of knowledgeably and most of it good. I must say I've learned a lot.

bob

He's barely off the coast. Of course if you mean East, doesn't start until well east of you!

xsailer
10-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Alfonse,
When I was living in Washington where ever I went and when I made a phone call to someone that lived there they always asked what part of the South I was from? I's say I'm not from the South that I was from Kansas....... "Well that's South" was their answer. Hench my comment to Bawanna. Just razun him since he lives in Washington and to all folks living there, everything is always South or East of them.

Bawanna
10-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Good point. East and south are sounding better and better all the time. Even just East would do.

I've got feelers out with Chelan County Sheriffs office, if things gel, probably won't but if they do I might be Alfonses neighbor.

At least on the right side of the state anyhow.

warbird1
10-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the forum from the Heart of Dixie!

xsailer
10-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Bawanna,
"At least on the right side of the state anyhow."

From Seattle it sure would be on the "Right" side. Hope you get what you want.

Alfonse
10-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Bawanna,
"At least on the right side of the state anyhow."

From Seattle it sure would be on the "Right" side. Hope you get what you want.

I hope he does too. That would be cool! Sheriff is a great guy. I would be happy to introduce.

XSailer, what do you say when you move to Kansas? Something like Toto, guess we are in Kansas again? :)

xsailer
10-14-2013, 09:50 PM
You say "howdy neighbor." Come on in and Welcome to the land of wind. More or less a Live and Let Live conservative state. A few nuts as usual but generally a nice friendly state.

Toto?..............who's that? Last time I saw him he was running down a yellow brick road.